Which interior design styles can you cater for?
I have over 30 years of experience, so there's very little I can't design, but the majority of projects lately fall into the contemporary/transitional category.
Why should our clients choose you?
Our award-winning, internationally-recognized interdisciplinary team has over 45 years of experience in delivering projects that are both aesthetic statements and economically sound investments. We look forward to hearing from you!
What’s your interior design process?
Please see the services page at my website, www.lhdg.co
DISCOVERY; Our crucial first step involves a holistic approach to understanding your needs, wants and goals for your business or residence. Research and interviews informs us about your strategies for desired market status, product direction, the competitive set, and even feasible exit strategies, if desired.
• SCHEMATIC DESIGN; with your programming in place we begin to explore basic concepts that engage the experience desired, the three-dimensional story, traffic flow, and initial conceptual schemes.
• DESIGN DEVELOPMENT; Once a schematic concept has been approved, we begin development of the design, filling in details to flesh out the concept. Plans, early documents and schemes form at this phase, and a clear picture is created of the actual project.
• DOCUMENTATION; At the point where the development is approved, our documentation begins. This involves construction documents, specifications, and often review/selection of any additional consultants and the construction team.
• CONSTRUCTION AND PROCUREMENT; In this crucial phase of any project, we become your advocate, engaging as the primary client representative to all involved parties. Like a good orchestral conductor, we oversee all participants; contractors, vendors, artisans, and consultants, management and operations, and interface with any governing agencies to ensure that the project is completed as designed, on time and within budgets.
• INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY; Similar to the previous step, we oversee an entire turnkey installation process, ensuring that every last detail is in place, the property is installed properly, and the project is fully realized.
What do you love most about your job?
II love being a visual storyteller….global citizen…and a fanatic for details…and passionate about transformation…obsessed with capturing the authentic…a zealots about the experience…and inspired by nature, travel, art, color, light, form and texture…
basically, living by design:)
What inspired you to start your own business?
Born in La Jolla, but raised abroad, Lisa quickly became a global nomad, obsessed with understanding the experience of travel, and design’s impact on the traveler’s experience. After training in Europe, she honed her skills on large business properties such as Portman’s Marriott Times Square, the LA Bonaventure, multiple Ritz Carltons, and other 5 star properties both in the US and internationally. In 1999 Lisa, together with her business partner and co-founder, David Shapiro, formed their own firm to emphasize development of residences and hospitality properties that would come to define the Luxury Boutique market segment. With the launch of their very first property in 2001, they began garnering the highest praises of the industry, and all of their subsequent projects have broken boundaries and set revenue and sales profit records, or "forever" homes.