There are several factors worth considering when choosing your handyman. These include:
- Reputation - Depending on the scale of maintenance or size of repair, compile a list of up to three or four reputable tradesman companies online to compare what each has to offer. Rather than looking at websites, focus on customer feedback and reviews which you can see on their Bark profile page.
- Membership - Check to see if the company is a member of any association such The Handyman Association and The UK Guild of Handymen.
- Quotations - Make sure to ask for multiple written quotations as opposed to hiring the first handyman that you get in touch with. Check to see if the company has public liability insurance.
- Photos - Find handymen that can prove their work with success stories, projects, and real photos. Have a look at their previous projects and ask for details about the actual steps, the time they took, and costs.
- Specialisms - Look for an experienced handyman that specialises in residential or commercial properties depending on your needs.
- Appointments - Your handyman service professional should provide you with a specific and confirmed appointment and be clear about when the job will start and finish.
- Tools - Professionals always bring their own tools and materials. A good handyman would never ask you to supply your own.
- Charging - A reputable handyman service should only charge you while your handyman is working for you. You should not have to pay a fee to cover travel, for example. Your handyman should respect your home and work both efficiently and carefully. They should also clean up after the maintenance job is completed.
You can be confident that any of the Bark local handymen listed will give you a reliable and professional service.