Future Start Independent Financial Planning
Future Start is a firm based in Watford, Hertfordshire offering independent financial advice to clients throughout the UK either remotely, by way of phone and online, or face-to-face where preferred for local enquiries. Being independent means that we are not restricted to recommending products and solutions from only one company.
Working in collaboration with our clients, we build financial planning strategies to help them achieve specific financial objectives. Areas in which we specialise include:
- retirement strategies; identifying how much you need or want to have in retirement, how much you need to save to achieve a certain lifestyle, when you can afford to retire, what options are available to provide income and the best strategies to choose to provide your income once you are there. There are many options to consider once you reach retirement and now with so much more freedom in how you can draw your benefits, the added consideration of how long your funds may last. It may be the case that your state pension age is a few years later than your retirement age so you need a strategy to bridge the gap. For high earners, new limits restrict what can be paid into pensions. We help clients understand these limits and how they are effected by them and where necessary look for alternative strategies with which to build retirement plans.
- inheritance tax and estate planning strategies; passing on wealth to your children, understanding your preferences; whether you prefer to retain access to some or all of your capital, do you want to give up some of the capital but keep receiving an income, if you prefer access to lump sums but do not need income, retaining complete access to income and/or capital, finding suitable investments for trustees. Perhaps you wish to insure the liability and want help finding the most cost effective provider.
- investment strategies; building investment portfolios that are specific to client preferences, objectives, needs, risk level and personal circumstances. Using various investment products to ensure tax efficiency; reducing income tax, making use of capital gains tax allowance, personal savings allowance, starting rate band, inheritance tax thresholds, planning for the future can save substantial amounts. Ethical or socially responsible portfolios. Recommending portfolios of leading investment funds that are overseen on your behalf.
- pension transfers and consolidation strategies; bringing old pensions under one new plan making the management easier, the administration less and increasing the retirement options or death benefits available to you. Liaising with your existing providers to identify whether any valuable benefits or guarantees would be given up if you were to transfer. Occupational defined benefit transfers where we have conducted a full assessment, highlighting the benefits and disadvantages of transferring.
- insurance strategies; the foundation of a robust financial plan. For many a successful financial planning strategy relies on an individuals ability to continue working and funding the plan. Private medical insurance, income protection (designed to pay an income until retirement if unable to work due to an accident or sickness), life insurance and critical illness insurances are available.
- planning strategies for directors and business owners; extracting profits from the business tax efficiently, improving employee engagement through additional value benefits, group risk including group life insurance, tax efficient life and critical illness insurance policies directors or business owners or staff members, group private medical insurance, protection of key people in the business, sick pay, group income protection, protection of business loans. Perhaps it is time to review your company pension scheme; are you happy with your current provider, are your employees fully engaged with their pensions, are they aware of the value and benefit from their employer contributions, are you confident you are meeting your obligations and ongoing duties, do you have an annual review of your workplace pension to ensure robust continuing governance? As a business owner, did you know that you can use your pension to invest in your business?
Future Start is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our FCA reference number is 736240 details of which can be found on https://register.fca.org.uk/.
At Future Start we only offer products that a regulated by the FCA and are offered from well known financial institutions. You can see what our clients have to say on https://futurestartfinancialplanning.com/testimonials/.