The Holistic health clinic
Bishops Lydeard, Somerset, England
The holistic clinic specialisers in
Hypnotherapy, Stress Management ,Bowen Technique , Reiki , Smoking cessation , Sports injuries , PTSD , Nutrition and weight management
Effect treatment for
Smoking ,Weightloss , Phobia’s, Stress, Negative emotions , Trauma , Confidence , Sports Performance ,Depression ,Panic attacks , Anxiety, Fear , PTSD
Muscle skeletal problems, neck, frozen shoulder , tennis elbow, knees, back problems, hamstrings , Sports injuries , ME, MS
Migraine, Sciatica, Menopause ,Kidney problems, Bronchial and related conditions such as asthma
No reviews yet.
The Holistic health clinic
31 Stutts End, Cotford St Luke, Taunton TA4 1NX, UK
How important is a healthy diet to someone’s health and wellbeing?
Nutrition and Weight Management
A nutritional advisor takes time to compile a detailed case history for each client, for example, i would ask the client to keep a food and activity diary for seven days. This should include the times you eat, how hungry you were at that particular time, whether you were seated at the table to eat or were watching the TV, etc.
Working with you is a two-way process in order to create a realistic, personalised plan that will fit in with your lifestyle and will be easier to maintain, rather than ‘one size fits all’. Many clients appreciate the education and care that comes with nutritional therapy in order to understand what is happening in their bodies.
• Did you know that it takes 3,500 calories to lose 1lb of fat?
• Do you crave sugar?
• Are you confused about what foods to eat and what not to eat?
• Are you tired most of the time?
• Do you feel bloated?
• At meal times, do you always finish everything on the plate even when you’re full?
• Are you hungry all the time?
• Have you tried every diet with little or no results?
• Do you say to yourself, I will start my diet next week?
A nutritional advisor can identify potential nutritional imbalances in your body and together we can make the changes.
What does the plan entail during Week One?
1. I will ask you to bring along to the initial (two-hour) consultation a seven-day food diary (a food diary sheet will be emailed to you prior to the consultation). Fill it in every day for seven days, and list and describe all the food you have eaten at each meal, including snacks and any drinks you have had. This will need to be done before your appointment. I will record your weight and body measurements (hip, waist and thigh), any current health issues and your goals, for example, weight loss, weight maintenance or weight gain.
2. I will then look at your calorie intake, your Body Mass Index (BMI) and your activities, i.e. exercise, work, leisure time.
3. We will discuss what you eat now and your likes and dislikes.
4. We will further discuss possible changes to your eating habits/patterns, for example, being conscious of what you eat, examining how you eat, planning what you eat and thinking about why you eat certain foods.
5. Lastly, we will discuss an exercise programme, for example, walking, going to the gym, exercise classes.
I am also a clinical hypnotherapist. If we combine nutrition and weight management with hypnotherapy, WOW! What a combination for sticking to a new eating plan, beating cravings, compulsive over-eating, reducing portion size, emotional eating and much more! However, not everyone wants hypnotherapy, and that’s fine. I offer both services. I will provide you with information factsheets to take home with you, in order to support and help you on your journey.
I recommend a minimum of two consultations or an eight-week weight management programme for long-term solutions. Some clients wish to book a maintenance programme beyond the eight-week period to keep on track and this can be discussed and agreed as you progress.
What do you love most about your job?
I first became interested in therapies back in 2000, when a dear friend of mine had a back injury. I was so impressed with the treatment that she received and how quickly she recovered that I booked myself on to a training course. Two years later, I was fully qualified in the Bowen Technique.
I then became fascinated with the power of the mind and the possibilities for change. The more I read about hypnotherapy, the more I loved it. The changes happen so quickly for people – even with long-term issues – so I booked myself on to some hypnotherapy training courses. In 2002, I became fully qualified as a Master Practitioner in Hypnotherapy and since then I have qualified in Reiki, nutrition and weight management, sports nutrition, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), The Rewind Technique and smoking cessation. I love to add to my toolkit. The more knowledge I can gain, the more areas I can help my clients.
Why should our clients choose you?
I like to found out what is going on, when did the problem start ? That way I can get to the root of the problem and pull out. I open my Clinic 7 days a week , to fit in with our busy lives , I also work evening
Check out my Facebook page The Holistic Health Clinic, Taunton and see my reviews
and or my website theholistichealthclinic.co.uk
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
The Holistic health clinic .
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.