Wrington, North Somerset
I create beautiful, natural photographs that capture the story of your special day in a natural, quirky and individual way, without the need for any boring staged shots.
No reviews yet.
What’s the secret to taking a great photograph?
Capturing the personal moments and interactions between people, when they aren't even aware that there's a camera about! This creates the most beautiful, natural photos, which help to tell your story in a very real way. Staged, posed shots might look very artistic, but they don't tell the story of YOU.
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
I send a little questionnaire to new clients, so that I get an idea of what your needs are and any special requests you might have. For events photography (such as weddings, naming ceremonies, christenings and parties), we'll also have a little pre-event meet-up. This is usually a relaxed 30 minutes - 1 hour (preferably at the venue, but over a coffee is fine too), to discuss the specifics of the day.
What do you love most about your job?
Capturing people's stories!
The most special memories come from the little, unplanned moments. Having the timing and eye to catch these moments is a real gift, and it's a joy for me to share that. There is nothing crafted and structured (formally) in my shots. What you are seeing is the real character of real people. Anticipating, seeing the interaction, the light, the scene, the story and capturing it is hugely rewarding, and when I deliver the finished result to my clients it always feels like the photos are 'going home' to where they belong.
What inspired you to start your own business?
Quite simply, I love taking photos. I gave up my career as an engineer to go into the field of photography full-time. Photography is more than a passion for me, and to see my clients (who are often not very comfortable posing for photos) so happy with the results of their photoshoots and events photography is wonderful. It's a satisfaction that you just don't get working for a big company!
Why should our clients choose you?
I'm for you if:
- you're taking a more individual, relaxed or unconventional approach to your celebrations, and you want your photos to reflect this
- you shudder at the thought of having to have your guests standing around for ages for formal portrait-style soulless posed shots
- you would love to have a beautiful and true selection of photos you'd be proud to share with friends, have on display and look back on with very happy memories for years to come - all with minimal fuss
- you or your family feel awkward or shy in front of the lens, but you're disappointed you don't have many photos together!
- you have children who love running around and exploring, and refuse to sit still for photos
I'm NOT for you if:
- you like posed, studio-shoot style photography
- you want a lot of very specific group shots (I usually do a maximum of two group shots, the rest are all in-the-moment)
- you like very traditional photography
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.