Buckland Dinham, Somerset, Somerset
We are a South West based agency which specialises in Web Design and Development , Multi-Platform Application Development and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), as well as being experts in Email Marketing and IT Support.
We have completed over 500+ web based projects for small and large organisations across the UK, from Frome, Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
No reviews yet.
What makes a great website?
A great website needs to portray the company you are designing the website for in a way the user needs to view them in. For example one77fs.co.uk needed to look professional as they are selling mortgages but another site like paymynanny.net needs to be more colourful and engaging. It's not that Pay My Nanny is not professional because it is still a payroll service, it's what the user sees on screen that engages them and shows them this is the type of company they want to deal with. The site needs to appeal to the user and not the company it is being designed for. This means that we need to know the target market by asking the right questions. A website needs to be very easy to navigate with the user in mind; the menu is in an easily accessible place and the contact information is in a clear place or the buy button and prices are clear. The client does not know who the next customer will be, so the website needs to be accessible to as many people as possible, as the potential customer may only view the site on a mobile device or have a disability of some type or be blind altogether and have to rely on screen readers, so the website needs to work for everyone.
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
These are questions clients are asked when starting a new project to find out what they want from a website, the questions are used as an overview designed to make sure we have the right requirements so we can provide customers with a correct quote and timescales e.g price/estimate of the project or projects, the date we can start the project and how long the project will take. These questions are normally asked at the first face 2 face meeting. So we have possibly talked on the phone about the requirements of the prospect or via email;
• What are your major goals for this project? - This is asked so we can establish that we understand the main goals.
• Where do you see us adding the most value? - What is most important about the project.
• What is your ideal user visiting the site and what will they inevitably do when they come to the site? - We need to know if they want a user to buy a product, fill in a form or enquire via phone or email.
• Will other partners/employees have input in the design phase over and above yourself? - This is very important later down the line, we need to know every person that could effect the design/project and meet with them to ask them the same questions.
• What is motivating you or enabling you to do this project now? - This is normally three things. They ether have secured a budget to make a new website; the company wants to expand or the website is very old and needs a complete overhaul.
• Ideally what do you see the completed project delivering in 6 months time? - Is this making more users aware of this company, getting more enquires or more sales.
• When does our work need to be finished? What is your target total completion date? What is driving that? - It's good to find out if they have a marketing event or trade show that is going to happen so we can launch the website at the same time.
• What sites have you liked (not necessarily within your industry) that would suit your business? - From this we can Gauge if there is a type of design they would like the site to look like so we get a head start on the design process.
What do you love most about your job?
There are many aspects of my job that we love. We enjoy that facing something new everyday, and there is never a dull moment or a slow day, We're never idle or bored and always love a challenges. On what we do, we love watching the journey and evolution that a project undertakes along the way, then finally seeing our work go live and on to benefit someone else. We're never bored ... we're constantly learning through the research conducted into the different industries the company creates products for; Engaged ... we love this aspect of my job because it makes us feel more engaged, as well as making my job more interesting.
What inspired you to start your own business?
We had a great vision to build a customer friendly, interactive web business that aimed to work alongside clients as partners. We knew we had to invest significantly in people and systems to achieve our objectives and believe that we are now in an enviable position where hands-on collaboration with our clients delivers tangible results and is a very positive experience for both parties.
Why should our clients choose you?
Our clients should choose us because we're passionate about what we do which is reflected in the products we deliver. We consistently communicate with clients, in a friendly, personable and easy to talk to manner ensuring we keep them up to date with the development of their product and answer any questions they might have in conjunction with the creation of their product. Clients should choose us because, the amount of time we spend with our clients discussing what they want from their product and hearing their ideas means we can ensure that we deliver a product which is as close to what the client envisioned as we can achieve while still suiting their needs.
Mobile / Tablet - App Development
From May 1995 to present.
100's of Web Sites
Stellasoft on Twitter
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.