I provide a unique mix of therapy - cognitive, mindfulness, EMDR, energy work, body work, play therapy to name a few - to help people resolve their problems and regain their lives.
The HAVEN Place LLC provides outpatient trauma-informed therapy for couples, families, individuals and children. I’ve helped several thousand people in their journey to transform their lives, and I can help you.
I focus on what’s happened to you versus what’s wrong with you. Some of the common complaints I hear from my clients include:
– I feel stuck in my relationship, we don’t have intimacy, we don’t have honest communication, it’s like we’re roommates, I’ve lost trust and respect for my partner.
– I feel like I’m a bad parent, I get angry at my kids when they don’t listen or obey, I don’t know what to do differently.
– I feel stressed, confused, my mind races all the time, I can’t sit still, I can’t focus or concentrate, I worry constantly.
– I have mood swings, anger problems, nightmares, can’t sleep, have panic attacks, I’ve lost interest in my friends and fun.
– I feel numb, alone, hate myself, I’ve lost any sense of purpose or meaning in my life.
– I’ve been to rehab, therapy, tried psychiatric meds, tried everything, but nothing seems to work.
– My problems are affecting my relationship, my family, my kids, and my work – I feel like I’m a failure and I’ve lost control of my life.
While these may sound or feel like mental illnesses chances are they’re not. These and other problems are often symptoms or reactions to what’s happened to us – stress, relationship problems, parenting, grief and loss, anger, physical and emotional pain, domestic violence, emotional and physical neglect or abuse, sexual abuse, etc. – either recently or at some point in our past.
The good news is all of these are fixable. I help people move from a place of pain to a rich and full life with a renewed sense of joy, inner peace, calmness, self-control, purpose, and meaning.
Janet Raynsford Evans
Loved the ideas and activities! Great experience. I highly recommend giving The HAVEN Place LLC a try!
I had a session of TRE yesterday. I was a little nervous about it but I’m very glad I did it. It was strange to feel the tremors I had but it was a good thing. Afterward I felt extremely relaxed! I had no emotional reaction and don’t know what stress or trauma was released. I just know I was very relaxed. I’m looking forward to my next session. More...