Alexander J Janicki
Alex Janicki is an experienced Civil and Structural Engineer. He has a varied design, engineering and project management background gained in construction projects at general engineering and project engineer level on an international scale. Throughout his career there has been a strong emphasis on developing best practise, valued engineering, environmental assessment and economics of design and construction.
This breadth of experience and work ethics, in combination with his practical engineering skills and commercial understanding have developed in him, a depth of insight, realism and strong problem solving and communication abilities.
These qualities allow him to quickly identify possible solutions to a wide range of not only Civil and Structural Engineering, but also Mechanical and Process matters and to deal with the potential problems which can arise during project design development.
Through his own endeavours to achieve, he has developed considerable knowledge of, and a keen interest in team motivation and the facilitation of individuals to perform to their maximum potential and in so doing enhance both project performance and company profitability.
1972 - 1981 Trained as a Civil Engineer and attained level of Deputy Project Manager with Richard Costain. Involved in highway, heavy civil and industrial engineering design and construction, design and build of military installations and a major land reclamation and dredging project.
1981 - 1982 Resident Engineer with Consulting Engineers Partnership, Barbados. Responsible for project supervision, highway redesign, feasibility studies, economic and cost - benefit analysis for the Spring Garden and St Barnabas Road projects in Barbados, which were the country’s first major highway projects.
1983 - 1985 Project Engineer with World Bank Schools Education Project, Barbados. Responsible for feasibility studies, design and project implementation.
1985 - 1986 Partner with R J Associates, Barbados. As consultants, projects included the design and construction supervision of multi-storey office blocks, community centres, sports pavilions, petrol stations and housing developments. Advising as Civil and Structural consultants on oil storage, RO-RO and tanker berthing facilities. As Design and Build consultants, airport refuelling facilities, hotel extensions and general refurbishment works.
Returned to UK from Barbados June 1986, established R J Associates (UK) Ltd. As a sub-consultant contracts have included:
• Technical Officer with London Borough of Ealing, attached to housing maintenance dept.
• Structural Design Engineer with Peter Brett Associates. General structural design of multi-storey structures in concrete and steel, refurbishment of listed buildings, structural design for bridge competition and subsidence claims.
• Lead Engineer/ Senior Civil & Structural Engineer with petro-chemical contractors. Design, office and site project management, supervision of engineers and detailers for major Turnkey Design and Build projects in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and refinery industry.
• Lead Engineer for a major blue chip company involved with projects such as Chek Lap Kok Airport, Hong Kong, Design and Build of the Humber Power Station expansion and a Waste Management Station in the City of London.
• Temporary works Lead Engineer for a Design, Build, Finance and Manage tender bid of the £3 billion CTRL project (Channel Tunnel Rail Link) consortium.
• Structural Design Engineer for the Design and Build of a multi-storey structure in concrete in London.
Structural refurbishment and new build for Xyratex now Seagate (formally IBM) Havant, design and build projects R J Associates have completed and have an ongoing commitment to "Sports Café" theme pub at Haymarket London for Sports Café Ltd., with “theme” projects at “Jongleurs & Bar Risa” – The Bargate in Southampton and Hong Kong Charlie’s Portsmouth. For digital film manufacturing and production facility in Europe, food process warehousing in England and foundation designs for Kaldair in Australia.
R J Associates are currently engaged on the restoration and refurbishment of listed buildings and historic barns, new build and existing industrial and food process warehousing, commercial factory units’ high specification and housing, housing developments and subsidence claims for Insurance Loss Adjusters in UK.
The variety and scope of projects which R J Associates are involved with is wide. These include studies and implementation for development of multi-leisure facilities, hotels, marinas, municipal airports, marine works and DBF (Design, Build and Finance). The redevelopment of commercial properties both in London and Antigua including petrol stations in Warsaw, Moscow, Spain, Sweden, Holland and a Sulleage Treatment Plant in Antigua (Tricorn Caribbean).
As the Temporary Works Lead Engineer the CTRL project (Channel Tunnel Rail Link) consortium (Costain/Hoctief/SWK). I was personally responsible for Consultants Permanent Works design methodology (incremental launch of steel through girders, balanced cantilever RC deck construction), temporary works studies and design for the Medway Crossing, Thurrock, Mar Dyke and Dollands Moor Viaducts. Value of Temporary Works three hundred million pounds.
• Design and construction of infrastructure, roads, bridges and highways.
• Heavy Civil and Structural Engineering design and construction.
• Land Reclamation and Dredging.
• Port and Marine works.
• Feasibility studies, design, specifications, tender evaluation and contract administration.
• Conceptual designs in structural steel, concrete, timber, masonry and aluminium.
• Design and Build construction and Project Management.
• Refinery, process, pharmaceutical and fine chemical turnkey Civil and Structural Engineering design and construction (Onshore & Offshore).
Alex Janicki B.Sc., C.Eng., A. M. I. Struct. E., M.I.C.E., M.B.A.P.E.
Be the first tofor R J Associates.