Kerto Design & Photography
Wokingham, Berkshire(1 Review)
Kerto Design is a web and graphic design company based in Winnersh, Berkshire, offering web design, logo design, re-branding solutions and photography.
NEED A WEBSITE?
We design simple and clean websites that speak clearly to your audience. We will make sure that your website will be user friendly and smart looking, always putting your business goals first and make sure you achieve what you set out to achieve.
DO YOU NEED A LOGO DESIGN OR PERHAPS A COMPLETE RE-BRANDING SOLUTION?
We offer a full range of graphic design services including logo design, flyers, banners, posters, catalogues, menus etc. in other words everything you will need for an effective advertising campaign.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PHOTOGRAPHER?
We undertake the following photographic assignments: merchandise and commercial photography, events, pets, portraits, 360 virtual tours, property etc. Where over 25 years of experience is combined with top image editing skills.
Kerto Design & Photography
356 Reading Rd, Winnersh, Wokingham RG41 5EJ, UK
What makes a great website?
Visually appealing, easy to use, quick to load and does the job it's meant to do ie if your business is to sell items, essentially the website should do that part best!
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
We have a questionnaire for this purpose which consists of the following questions:
The intention of this checklist is to establish a common understanding of the website you want and the steps involved in achieving this. Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to all the questions, but the more information you are able to give the better.
1. What is the name of your business?
Your business name is important when considering domain names. It helps with SEO if your business name contains keywords related to your trade/business.
2. Please briefly describe your business, what services you offer, how and where you operate and who your customers are.
We need to know about your business to build a website for it. Each service you offer will typically have it’s own page(s) on your website. It is also helpful to know what your unique selling points are and why potential customers should choose you over your competitors.
3. Describe how you currently advertise/attract new customers.
A new website is a fantastic advertising tool in its self but it will also compliment and be complimented by any other advertising you do. Understanding your current advertising will help us know where we are pitching your website.
4. Do you have a logo and/or established image and branding guidelines e.g. fonts, colour schemes etc?
A consistent image is important for a business. If you already have a logo and style then these will inform the design of your website. If you do not then they will need to be designed as part of the web design process.
Kerto Design offers a comprehensive Logo, Signage and Printed Media design service to create the perfect consistent image for your business.
5. Please briefly explain why you want a new website and how it will benefit your business.
A website can serve any of a number of purposes and fulfil a multitude of functions depending on the nature of your business and what it offers. We need to know what the aim of your website will be in order to build it to achieve its goals.
6. What is your budget for your new website?
Budget can be a sensitive area and we respect that costs should be kept as low as possible while achieving what is required. However, an idea of budget will enable us to steer you towards the most appropriate type of website for your business.
7. What is your deadline for getting the new website live?
This gives us a target to work towards and helps us prioritise our work.
8. If you were looking for your business in a search engine (e.g. Google) what words/phrases would you search for?
Identifying the right key words and phrases is important as these will form the basis of the search engine optimisation of your website. Let us know the most important words and phrases (in order).
9. Do you have a domain name in mind or already registered?
A domain name is important for a number of reasons. It should be short, memorable and both easy to type and say. It should also be relevant to your business name and the services you offer.
Many of our clients already have a domain name registered, but for those who don’t, Kerto Design offers a domain name research and registration service to help you secure the best domain for your website.
10. Do you already have an idea of what you want your website to look like - can you provide images/examples?
If you have any design ideas or general guidelines/pointers you want us to follow or even a completed website layout design you want to use then we would be happy to base the design of your website around them.
11. Please list 2-4 websites that you like (or would like your website to look something like).
Please list your top (up to 5) competitors (and their websites if applicable)
It is helpful to know what sort of websites you like and what you like about them so that we can ensure that we design you a website that you will also like.
With knowledge of your competitors and their websites we can identify niches in the market for your website to exploit and ensure that where it does compete head-to-head it has the advantage.
12. What different web pages do you want to have on your site and what different features do you want to include on these pages?
This is possibly the most important question in determining the nature of your website. We need details of each page and the key points of information and functionality that they will cover and as much detail as possible - e.g. if you want an image gallery then state (roughly) how many images, categories etc and how you want it to function and give examples.
13. Are you able to provide all the content (text and images etc.) for the different pages of your site?
Normally our clients are responsible for delivering all content for the pages of their website including headings, text, images (and other media) etc. and we would ideally not start work on a website until this had been provided.
Kerto Design offers a complete website copywriting service for clients who are not sure what they want to say or how to say it.
14. Are you able to provide us with high quality images to be used on your website and do you have permission to use these images?
The more fantastic images of your business and the services it provides the better from a web design point of view. These images need to be high quality to get the best out of them on your website.
Kerto Design have access to millions of stock images and also offer a website image photography service to capture the right images for your website.
15. Do you want us to setup any social networking pages for you?
Kerto Design offers a complete social media design service for Facebook and Twitter. We get your pages setup and ready to go so that you can concentrate on dealing will all the new customers you will have. We can also setup blogs too.
16. Do you want to include share/like buttons for the popular social networking pages on each page of your site?
Social bookmarks are a powerful tool in marketing your website by allowing 1 click linking to your site for your visitors.
17. Please detail anything that you specifically do not want to have on your website.
This can help ensure we only design what you want for your website.
18. How often will your site be updated and do you need to be able to make frequent updates yourself?
Websites are programmed in html and other code and are not normally updatable by their owners unless they have some web design knowledge. However, a website can be designed with a Content Management System (CMS) to allow authorised users a secure way of adding and updating content with no web design knowledge.
Kerto Design offers a complete website maintenance and updating service for all our web design clients. We will make any updates that you require for your website; or we can build in a CMS if you want to be able to do this yourself.
19. Do you have (or wish to organise) you own website hosting?
Kerto Design offers cheap web hosting for all our web design clients. We are happy to upload your site to another host if you prefer to arrange your own hosting.
20. Please list any email addresses you want us to setup with your website and indicate which one(s) to publish on the website and use for any contact forms etc.
When transferring email accounts that are already in use there can be a delay of up to 48hrs before everything is up and running so we normally like to keep the original service running as well in this time and forward emails to a third party email provider for a few days to ensure no email is lost.
What’s the secret to taking a great photograph?
There is no way out of a good technical knowledge. It simply is the basic for knowing what settings to use on your camera to get the best out of each and every situation.
Secondly is the eye for detail: this is where quite a few photographers struggle... As a photographer, there are so many things I need to take into account when taking pictures of a subject: source of light (strong, soft, it's colour, angle etc.); other objects/people in the image (slight adjustment of angle and /or position to frame the subject matter better); composition (trying to avoid the central composition, trying to place important elements close to 2/3rd of the frame etc.)
Having earned my LRPS in 2015, and now working towards achieving my ARPS, the detail required both in the subject matter, originality and the technical skill is unquestionable.
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
Depending on the project, if it's a web design project, I have already given detailed answer above with the questionnaire. If the client is looking to hire me as a photographer, my questions would be very different: I'd like to know the client's subject of the shoot (wedding, christening, baby, family etc.); I would also need to know where the client or the photo shoot will be based; then the budget of course (my rate is £30 per hour plus the cost of final images and other extras such as food and petrol if it's further than 15 miles outside RG41); I would also need to know how quickly the client would need the photographs (this will help me plan my time better).
Whether its a web design project or a photo shoot, it's always good to meet up with client to find out as much as possible about their project and to be able to give them exactly what they want.
Describe your creative process.
Client always comes first! I am here to please my client and have many very happy clients because of it.... I see no point in giving my customer something they didn't ask for. So client's ideas are my creative juice which helps me piece together their website or a photo shoot. In case the client doesn't have a clear idea about what they want, I am always happy to come up with suggestions and help them along, whether it's finding the best locations for the photo shoot, coming up with and registering their domain name for a website , type of design they need for their website or graphic design (logo etc.) for the finished printed product.
We can also host our clients websites, emails and do marketing activities. We're trying to help our customers along as much as we can so they have no need to go anywhere else!
What do you love most about your job?
Happy clients make us happy and drive us to achieve even betetr results in the future!
I love the variety of work, it's never boring and meeting new like-minded business people is always great! I love a challenge and the way there is no ceiling - an example of this would be the way we have started offering our customers way more than just a web design. We've noticed that most of our clients often need a lot of help due to their time-restraints; we realise that our average cleint is too busy to worry about the things we can take care of and have successfully done. We like to offer a one-stop-shop with the best customer service possible. So what do I love most about my job - to see a happy client at the end of a project!
What inspired you to start your own business?
I've always been a bit of an entrepreneur so I took every chance by its horns and worked free of charge at first to build up my portfolio, until I found the word of mouth got around pretty quickly, one thing led to another and I was able to start charging for my work...
Why should our clients choose you?
I love to give 110% in everything I do.
Or to put it in a way Raymond Joseph Teller did: "Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect."
I cannot give my client a half finished product which I wouldn't be proud about 10 years from now.
I am not necessarily saying that the client should choose me, there are many freelancers on this site so it really comes down to whether clients wants to work with me? Whether what I've written above, resonates with them and they find the quality of work equally important etc.
NEED A WEBSITE DESIGN OR SEO SERVICES? We design bespoke professional web sites, responsive if need be, that will make your complany visible to search engines and stand out from the crowd. We custom design websites that provide all our clients cost effective website development solutions for companies and individuals.
DO YOU NEED A LOGO DESIGN OR PERHAPS A COMPLETE RE-BRANDING SOLUTION? Look no further as we have a comprehensive portfolio which covers flyers and leaflets; posters; banners; brochures etc. in other words everything you will need for an effective advertising campaign. Find a few examples here: http://kerto.co.uk/brand-development.html
Beadworks UK Limited
Publications and Web Development Executive
From May 2012 to present.
- In conjunction with Management, help plan, devise, prepare, manage and report on all publicity activities as per agreed budgets, sales themes, product mix and time scales. - Designing, updating and publishing relevant content/information onto company's website. - Taking high quality photographs of products and sites/locations for publicity materials. - Undertaking web based promotional activities such as email shots, special offers etc. - Ensuring Company products/news are put forward for inclusion in all relevant trade features, including product reviews as required. - Design and production of a cost effective and quality product catalogue/leaflets. - Raising company's profile by the implementation of different types of online media including twitter, facebook, and You Tube. - Managing relevant database information effectively and providing relevant feedback to Management at regular intervals. - Planing and organising exhibitions. - Undertaking other activities such as advertisements, seminars etc. as required. Beadworks UK Limited (www.beadworks.co.uk) is a leading supplier of beads, semi-precious stones, findings, tools and accessories for jewellery making. It stocks around 6000 items and has one of the largest ranges in Europe, which are sold through its world famous Covent Garden Bead Shop (The Original London Bead Shop - www.beadshop.co.uk, e-commerce and wholesale divisions.
Born Free Foundation
Digital Marketing Assistant
From June 2011 to April 2012.
The Born Free Foundation
Digital Marketing Assistant
From June 2011 to April 2012.
E-Marketing Communications Assistant
From November 2010 to May 2011.
artist, designer, photographer
From January 2003 to present.
Publicity and Web Development Executive (part-time)
Currently works here.
Photography services £25 p/h
DO YOU NEED MERCHANDISE PHOTOGRAPHY? With over 20 years experience in photographing all types of subjects combined with pro camera kit and top image editing skills, you will not be disappointed with the results. View some examples here: http://kerto.co.uk/product-photography.html
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Kerto Design & Photography .
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.
Kerto Design & Photography provides the following services:
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Event & Party Photography
- Commercial & Corporate Photographers
- Web Development
- Portrait Photographers
- Leaflet Printing
- Headshot Photographers
- Logo Design
- Property Photography
- Brand Design
- Mobile Software Development
- Packaging Design
- Poster Printing
- General Software development
- Brochure Printing
- Business Card Printing
- Flyer & Leaflet Design
- E Commerce
- Postcard Printing
- Print Design
- Office Stationery
- Presentation Design
- Business Card Design
- Business Stationery Design
- Corporate Event Photography
- Email Template Design
- Engagement Photography
- Photo Scanning
- Architectural Photography
- Brochure Design
- Canvas Printing
- Nature Photography
- Point of Sale Design
- Product Design
- Software testing