Traditionally whiteboard animation was sketched live on a clip board in front of an audience to accompany a presentation. Our modern version utilises vector graphics to create a streamlined and controlled result which still retains a feeling of spontaneity. This captures your attention as it evolves as you watch.
Unlike 2D animation in which you watch the whole screen, in whiteboard animation you watch graphics being created from nothing.
It is a form of communication which conveys ideas very clearly both visually and verbally. It communicates clearly to people around the world no matter what their language or learning style. Whiteboard animation is very popular with global corporate companies who are incorporating this style into their modus operandi.
CompoZanimA offers a range of 2D graphic styles - pencil sketch, cartoon, silhouette or cel-shaded illustration. Although by definition it is known as whiteboard animation, the background colour doesn't have to be white.
We will work with you to decide the most appropriate style for your needs.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
(1) We initially discuss the client's requirements and work out what needs to be communicated in the whiteboard animation.
(2) Together we build up a script
(3) ... and then draw up a very basic storyboard of rough sketches.
(4) When the script and storyboard have been approved we record the voiceover and soundtrack.
(5) When the client is happy with the voiceover we begin work on the graphics
(6) ... and then combine sound and image using Inkscape and Video Scribe to create the final video. We provide for all platforms - Windows, Mac & Linux, in your preferred codec; for example - MOV, MP4 or AVI.
(7) For the client's approval we usually upload the video unlisted on our YouTube channel. It is provided with a white label license which allows the client to use it at their discretion.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
To create five minutes of bespoke whiteboard animation it can take as little as one month. It depends on the time spent on each stage of the animation which is affected by the amount of images and the number of amendments. The client will be asked to sign off each stage of the process.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
We charge £650 or $1000 per minute of on-screen animation calculated by the length of the final soundtrack.
CAN WE MEET?
Depending on your location we can meet in person, on Skype, by phone, email - or whatever your preference. The more information you can provide the better. Perhaps you have an initial script? Or you can provide us with some of the information and content you would like us to include in the whiteboard animation. This initial stage often entails a lot of work and consultation until we are clear on your needs and you are satisfied.
We look forward to hearing from you!