BOOKKEEPING AND FINANCE BACK OFFICE
We provide bookkeeping services whereby our team maintains clients’ accounting records on their behalf.
This service is geared to the needs of each individual client. Our professional team can provide assistance on:
• Accounts payable ledgers and payments
• General ledger
• Bank account creation and reconciliation
• Fixed asset register
• Depreciation schedules
• Expense reports
• Journals and accruals
• Monthly trial balances in agreed chart of accounts
• Year end reporting and preparation for audit
Taking the service a step further, in addition to processing invoices, payments, income records and bank transactions, we also provide management accounts and reports for our clients on a periodic basis to suit their needs.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS AND REPORTING
Our professional team provide management accounts and reports for our clients on a periodic basis to suit their needs. The format and information that goes into such reports can be flexible and geared to each client’s business reporting needs. We offer added-value commentary based on variance analysis.
Our professional expert staff can set up the chart of accounts to ensure the correct management reports are received when needed. We prepare management accounts quarterly or monthly as appropriate. We can prepare VAT returns based on these reports and assist with the preparation of financial projections. We can also prepare year-end accounts, with a fully cross-referenced working paper file ready and submit on-line.
Management accounts and reporting may form part of a complete bookkeeping and finance back office function. The extent of the service given can be flexible in that we can provide the full service, from processing of source transactions through to management accounts production, or just part of the function if required.
STATUTORY ACCOUNTS PREPARATION
Our professional team provide clients with expert support when preparing year-end statutory accounts. We offer the level of assistance required – from simply helping clients get ready for an audit to undertaking the complete preparation of their accounts and file on-line to Companies House and HMRC
Our experience in this area covers all kinds of organisations, including limited companies, partnerships, charities, sole traders, joint ventures and other business entities.
We prepare single entity as well as group consolidated statutory financial statements.
FINANCE DEPARTMENT OUTSOURCING
An outsourced finance department can significantly reduce the administrative burden on clients and their IT and finance staff costs. Our tried and tested team can perform the accounting and administrative functions, providing continuity of service and more time to concentrate on the core business.
Our team work to understand the dynamics of the client organisation so that the specific accounting needs are met. We ensure that clients are fully compliant with regulatory requirements and meet reporting deadlines. We provide management with information vital to the running of the business. And we can assist in the preparation of internal financial procedures manuals based on best practice and the systems adopted by the organisation.
PAYROLL SERVICES MANAGEMENT
Our professional payroll team can help clients negotiate through the UK payroll regime which has strict penalties for failure to comply. Many of our clients choose to outsource their payroll processing functions to us. The benefits include:
• Clients' administration staff are freed up to do more profitable tasks.
• The requirement to process sensitive information is kept away from clients' offices thus reducing the risk of security breaches.
• Processing is done on a cost-effective, negotiated fixed fee basis in accordance with pre-agreed timetables.
• Our team keep fully up to date with legislative requirements and changes on behalf of our clients.
• We liaise directly with the relevant authorities in the event of queries regarding payroll deductions.
• Detailed analysis and reports are provided in respect of payroll information.
• Instructions, reports and payslips can be transferred efficiently via secure, encrypted e-mail. Electronic files can be produced for importing into electronic banking systems and accounting software for payments and accounts processing respectively.
• Support on the event of HMRC enquiries.
BUSINESS PLANNING AND ADVISORY
We work with clients to review their business planning and help in the creation of a plan. We will assess a business plan’s current state of readiness and provide a rough initial picture of its current strengths and areas of weakness with the use of bespoke analysis and solutions, enabling us to target our advice more effectively.
We provide clients with a “hand-holding” service where they may not have suitable personnel or capacity to do so in-house. The nature and extent of such a role ranges from acting as an ad hoc “sounding board” to regular meetings to discuss and review financial results, budgets and specific projects.
Typical advisory projects include amongst others, the following:
• Business start-up plans and cash flow preparation;
• Preparation of budgets and comparison with actual results;
• Advice on corporate finance for specific purposes;
• Cost system evaluation and cost reductions;
• Internal control mechanism assessments; and
• Creation of performance related remuneration schemes.
Our Company Secretarial team ensure that the compliance requirements of the Companies Act and a Company's own Articles of Association are complied with, both in terms of the filing of statutory forms and the correct drafting of documents to record the actions of directors and shareholders. There are a number of company secretarial tasks which can trap the unwary, in particular maintenance of statutory registers, confirmation statements/annual returns, AGMs, share transfers and dividends.
Delegating complex work to an expert team lets clients concentrate on their core business, secure in the knowledge that they are compliant. Depending on client needs, our team can take care of the whole job or just the more complex procedures.
Areas where we can provide support and assistance include:
• Accounting reference date changes
• Ad-hoc advice on company secretarial procedures
• Appointment and resignation of directors
• Changes of company name
• Company formations
• Dissolution and restoration
• Re-registration on change of company status
• Registered office and service address
• Share transfers