SolFit Health and FitnessCertificate of Excellence 2019
Waianae, Hawaii, USAElite Pro (16 Reviews)
SolFit is a training studio that offers high quality custom fitness programming and instruction on Oahu including hatha Yoga, medical exercise, corrective exercise for athletes, traditional personal training, weight-management, Women’s fitness and innovate fusion training programs.
At SolFit, we are dedicated to helping people find ways to improve their life through fitness. For that reason, we have earned advanced certifications like that of the medical exercise specialist and weight loss specialist which have helped us get better results for people of various abilities and fitness levels.
SolFit Health and Fitness
How do you help your clients achieve their fitness goals?
1. The key to safe and effective fitness programs starts with assessment. I combine the latest in digital assessments (body fat, muscle quality and postural), advanced manual fitness assessments, and orthopedic assessments to create the perfect fitness program just for you. I also reassess your progress regularly to make sure your program is working.
2. Exercise prescription takes into account the client’s unique physiology as well as his/her goals. As a medical exercise specialist, I am able to accomodate a wide range of fitness levels and acheive positive outcomes.
3. One of the most important jobs of the personal trainer is teaching body awareness and proper exercise technique. The personal trainer is there to assist with the workout not only by motivating the client, but making sure the exercises are being performed properly, included form, speed, and breathwork. I use manual positioning as well as verbal cues designed to maximize the mind body connection and help clients to feel the correct technique instead of just mimiking an instructor. I also tell clients why they are doing the exercise in certain way and how it will benefit them and help them reach their goal.
4. Program management entails progressive modifications of a fitness program that allows for maximal growth, minimizes risk of injury and allows for continued response to exercise. Often, fitness prorams fail because the body adapts to the program and no longer responds to the exercises.
5. I have fun with my clients. I am honest with my clients and give them realistic expectations. I try to treat my clients as I would a good friend or family member.
6. I highly value my clients health and safety. Exercise is an amazing tool, but it’s not the only key to good health. That’s why I refer my clients to other medical professionals such as registered dieticians or physical therapists when appropriate. I am trained to watch for ‘red flags’ that warrant medical intervention to ensure that exercise is appropriate for my clients. I am also able to communicate effectively with my clients healthcare team in order to create safe and effective programs with the client’s best interests in mind.
What’s the secret to getting the body of your dreams?
Here’s a secret the fitness industry doesn’t want you to know: there’s no such thing as ‘the perfect body’. My job is to help each individual realize their ‘best self’ and find sustainable ways to incorporate fitness into their lives. Different people respond differently to exercise; there is no single fitness program that will work for everyone. Additionally, reaching one’s fitness goals isn’t a three-month bootcamp. It’s a total lifestyle change that should be permanent, safe and manageable. I view myself as a guide for my clients on their fitness journey and I give them the tools and tricks they will need for the ride. Each client gets my total focus and attention to help them get the best results possible. The true secret: a great body is one that is healthy, happy and allows for the individual to enjoy life to the fullest.
What do you love most about your job?
I love seeing the smile on people’s faces when they are able to enjoy life more, do things they never thought possible and feel good about themselves.
What inspired you to start your own business?
At the age of 18, I began experiencing pain and morning stiffness which worsened over time and was eventually diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. After my first series of x-rays I was told that I had the spine of a 60 year old man by the radiologist. As you can imagine, that was quite a shock to hear and made me feel a bit hopeless and helpless.
Fast forward 6 years. I had been to various specialists and tried many prescription medications with no benefit whatsoever. I was about to graduate from an undergraduate program in music, but my condition had worsened to the point where I could no longer pratice and perform due to the pain and stiffness in my back.
After a year on disability I began to suspect that my lifestyle choices like activity level and diet were playing a big part in my illness. I realized that instead of waiting around for a my condition to improve, I would have to make changes to my life. This is how my fitness journey began.
I have dedicated my life towards helping people find ways to improve their life through fitness. For that reason, I have earned advanced certifications like that of the medical exercise specialist which has helped me get better results for clients of various abilities and fitness levels.
Why should our clients choose you?
SolFit is the place to begin your fitness journey. Whether its starting from scratch or just starting a new chapter, we would love to help you reach your goals! Everyday is a new chance to find ways to improve your health and quality of life.
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
SolFit Health and Fitness .
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.