Whether this is the first time you have thought about reaching out to a counsellor, or you are continuing your counselling journey, you will find comfort, support, and compassion at Incentive Counselling. If you are here, you, or someone you care for, is struggling to find balance and a healthy sense of well-being. We are here to help.
The interpretation of ourselves, events, situations, and others, has a direct impact on our personal well-being and mental health. We can have opinions of ourselves and others that are based on habitual, ingrained tendencies that can continually attack our inner confidence, self-esteem, happiness, and view of our world.
Life also has a tendency to throw us curve balls. Unexpected events, such as the death of a loved one, job loss or dissatisfaction, feeling trapped in an unhappy or eroding relationship, or the experience of an unpleasant event, can all cause insurmountable stress, trauma, and grief. These emotions can “snowball” and catch us off guard, leaving us feeling helpless, depressed, anxious, vulnerable, and unable to cope.
The skills to maneuver these challenges may be beyond your reach, especially when these emotions are fresh and overwhelming. Reaching out to a counsellor can help you overcome personal hurdles, create resilience, and help you find the path to the life you want. Through this relationship, you will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to create transformation, hope and healing in your situation.
Common Reasons for Seeking Help
- Self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy
- Depression, anxiety, feelings of sadness, emptiness, guilt or shame
- Overthinking, being overwhelmed, and difficulty making decisions
- Feelings of grief and loss
- Body image concerns and body dysmorphia
- Coping skills, emotional regulation and stress management
- Social anxiety and other phobias
- Life transitions – challenges of parenthood and caring for aging parents
- Relationships, choosing the right partner, and relationship coaching
- Professional/workplace challenges and work/life balances
- Impacts of chronic illness and health issues
- Dealing with past or current trauma
- Gender and sexual identity
- Embracing one’s authentic self
- Exploring early childhood patterns and other difficulties that affect everyday life
- Addiction and/or reckless and self-destructive behaviours
Services for pre-teens, teens, adults, and seniors.
For your comfort, in office, virtual, or phone sessions available.
Rates: Individual Session Fees:
55 minute Session: $120 – $150
Payable by e-transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or cash.
Your extended health care benefits may cover all or a portion of your treatment depending on your plan’s requirements.
If you currently don’t have benefits, fees are tax deductible.