Agile, Very focused, Proactive, Innovative and highly committed professional with a wide exposure in the areas of Manufacturing, Production Engineering, T.P.M. and Quality Management. More than 32 years of experience in Hospitality Industry and Manufacturing Industry.Team Builder who communicates well and encourages out of the box thinking. A result oriented Professional with eye for details
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
TPM, Kaizen, Process Improvements, SPC, 6 Sigma, Team Building, Training & Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering, Quality Management and Technology Transfers.
T.P.M. Instructor certified by J.I.P.M.
Director - TPM
Indian Hotels Ltd
From May 2000
• Responsible for implementing TPM at the Taj Group of Hotels.
• Introduced a structured Preventive Maintenance program across the group
• Introduced a process "Departure Check" for achieving "Defect Free Rooms" and initiated in 65 hotels which is the "First of its kind" in the Hotel Industry
• Developed training films on Preventive Maintenance of all Hotel Equipments. First of its kind in the Hotel Industry across the globe.
• Introduced and implemented a new "COMPLAINT MANAGEMENT" system for the group.
• Introduced a structured Preventive Maintenance System for equipments and rooms to eliminate failures / defects
• Devised a process to reduce the spares' and Power cost.
• Heading the "Kaizen" activities for the entire group using Juran Methodology and 6 Sigma techniques.
• In charge of recruitment of Fresh Graduate Engineers for Taj Hotels.
• Developed a comprehensive "Training Manual" for Fresh Graduate Engineers for the group.
AGM - Manufacturing
Cold Extrusion Plant
July 1993 - May 2000
Sundaram Fasteners - Hosur
• In charge of manufacturing operations of the Cold Extrusion plant and also the TPM activities of the whole factory.
• Sales increased from $ 10 million per year to $ 12.5 million per year (25%) increase without adding any plant or machinery.
• PBT increased from 17% to 20%.
• Machine OEE increased from 80 % to 88%.
• Handled a labor force of 250 and 16 Engineers.
• Handled Production, Planning, Sales Warehouse and Quality.
• Responsible for creation of Vendor Development Cell.
• Member of the team that worked to get QS 9000.
• Overall responsibility for implementing TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
• Instrumental for Sundram Fasteners Ltd. Receiving the coveted TPM Excellence award in 1998.
• Due to TPM implementation
* Labor productivity doubled.
* Value added Productivity increased by 1.7 times.
* Breakdowns reduced by 95%
* Quality defects reduced by 70%
* Customer Complaints "ZERO" since August 1997.
* Trained around 30 Managers and Engineers in Quality Tools, in order to eliminate In-process defects and Customer complaints.
• A JIPM (Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance) certified TPM Instructor. (Completed the Course on TPM at JIPM-Japan in Dec 1995.)
• Completely transformed the Dirty plant to a Clean and Dry plant.
• Sound Knowledge in achieving the following:
* Zero Equipment Breakdowns
* Zero Quality Defects
* Zero Accidents.
* Reducing / eliminating all the production related losses.
• Imparted TPM training to all the Managers and Supervisors.
CG - Igarashi Motors
February 1992 - July 1993
Transferred the Micro - Motor manufacturing technology from M/s Igarashi Motors Ltd. of Japan.
• Responsible for the training of Engineers at Collaborator's plant at China and Hong Kong.
• Indegenized all the 8 main parts for local manufacture.
• Responsible for Plant Layout and Machinery selection and approval.
Manager - Production Engineering
Sundram Fasteners Limited
October 1985 - February 1992
• Responsible for Feasibility Study & Cost Estimation of New Products
• Responsible of Tool Design, Process Design and Sample tryouts for new Products.
• Responsible for getting "Customers' Approval" for newly Developed Products from Cost estimation to Bulk Production including complete documentation.
• Trained at M/s Suzuki Motor Company's Cold Forging Plants at HAMAMATSU & AKITA at Japan (5 Months - Nov 1987 to Mar 1987) for Cold Forming of Gears and Shafts for Motorcycles and Cars.
• Transferred the complete technology of manufacturing gear blanks and shafts through cold forming technology for the 2 wheeler industry in India.
• Trained at Neumeyer Fliesspressen GmbH (Nuremberg) at their Cold Extrusion Plant for 1 month.
• Was a member of the team that got ISO 9000 for Sundaram Fasteners (The first Indian Company to get ISO 9000)
September 1980 - August 1985
Responsible for complete production of Body panels and Chassis components for their Light Commercial Vehicles.
• Reduced the Lead-time for manufacturing of critical Bottleneck part by redesigning the manufacturing process.
• Handled a labor of 200
Total Work Experience 34 Years
Qualifications & Certifications
Indian Institute of Technology