Commercial Diver Geologist
I am commercial diver from the age of 24. I worked also as an offshore dive supervisor. I have been working for a wide range of construction, maintenance, repair and scientific projects. I am also geologist with Msc in environmental oceanography and five years experience in geophysical projects (seismology).
I have experience to handle up to 20m boats.
I have good practical and theoretical mechanical engineering background and am able to design(with cad), to maintain and repair most of the diving gear and marine engines.
marine engineer, and dive supervisor
June 2008 - December 2013
for Nautilus Underwater Constructions and Associates(local diving contractor Patras Greece) on various construction offshore and inshore projects like
• Sewage biological plant undersea disposal pipes trenching and placing offshore (Monemvasia southern Greece)
• Ship hull inspection and repair(underwater welding, cutting, hull cleaning)
• Quays foundation repair excavations of the propeller stream (Patras Port)
• Underwater photography and video (ship hulls, quays, pipes etc) industrial zone's offshore biological plant disposal pipe, Patras biological plant offshore disposal pipe
• Inshore hydroelectric plants POURNARI II Artificial Lake and LOUROS DAM underwater inspection of the intake units and cleaning of the overfill gates for Greek Public Power Corporation S.A.
• Maintenance of piscicultural anchorages (Galaxidi Marine Farm S.A. Group).
• Maintenance and testing of diving equipment for Nautilus Underwater Marine constructions and Associates (www.nautilus-underwater.gr).
professor in secondary
Schools and Vocational Schools
September 2003 - December 2013
teaching Geology-Geography Physics and Chemistry in Aigio(Greece).
Except of teaching last five years I am assigned for making the timetable of the teaching staff of about 40 persons in 1st Gymnasium of Aigio (http://1gym-aigiou.ach.sch.gr)
October 2001 - September 2002
of PSL-Patras Seismological Laboratory with Director Professor G-Akis Tselentis (http://seismo.geology.upatras.gr/)
• Seismic exploration with shallow reflection method for the assessment of the depth of aquiferus limestone layers in Heraklion prefecture of Crete Island
• maintenance of the seismometer network of the laboratory
• Estimation of the epicenters of the western Greece earthquakes.
supervisor of the diving team and geotechnical and marine engineer
Saudi Archirodon L.T.D
May 1999 - May 2001
in Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Shoaiba site) for the construction of a 3 x 350 MW power plant( Shoaiba Power Plant). The works was
• Offshore and on shore geotechnical drilling
• Gravel bedding,
• Underwater concreting
• 1600m of channels construction
• Pump room construction,
• 1200m underwater GRP pipe placing,
• Acropode breakwaters building
• Pilling for jetty construction
• Caissons placing etc.
• Geotextile mattresses placing and filling etc.
European Union's research Project under the supervision of Professor Sotirios Varnavas in Greek Volcanic Arc
February 1997 - April 1998
: Diving work for geochemical sampling on hydrothermal vents for Laboratory of Applied Geochemistry of Geology Department, Patras University. European Union's research Project under the supervision of Professor Sotirios Varnavas in Greek Volcanic Arc's islands: Milos, Kos, Methana Nisiros, Giali.
• Offshore geochemical sampling of hydrothermal vents
• Underwater video, photography '
petty officer third class in Naval Dock Salamis and in Ionian Naval Command
May 1995 - February 1997
Commercial diving work for a local diving contractor
Patras Diving Center
May 1991 - April 1995
• Intake pipe placing for piscicultural production onshore plants for Nireas Aquaculture (www.nireus.com) in Chiliadou Doridas
• Placing and coastal protection of underwater optical cables in Kyllini and Chania area for Alcatel).
• Ship hull inspection, cleaning, salvages, welding, cutting, anode changing, underwater video and photography mostly in Patras, Aigio, and Killini ports (western Greece).
• Construction and maintenance of piscicultural anchorages around Peloponnese and Ionian Islands.
PSL- Patras Seismological Laboratory
September 1991 - April 1995
of Patras University (http://seismo.geology.upatras.gr/)
• Mapping of limestone aquifers and lignite beds with shallow reflection seismic methods.(data recording, processing and final prospect making)
• Research for aquifers and salinity protection of coastal aquifers with electric methods.
• Mapping off rocky basement for the construction of buildings with seismic refraction methods.
• Maintenance of Laboratory's seismometric network.
September 1990 - November 1990
during geotechnical research of Rio-Antirio channel (Patras, Greece).
Greek Port Authorities
April 1989 - November 1991
in diving works in order to gather the required experience to the Commercial Divers certificate that is issued by the Greek Port Authorities.
Professor Stavros Papamarinopoulos
Laboratory of Applied Geophysics of Patras University
From June 1987
as a student in Lousoi (Municipality of Kalavrita Achaia's prefecture) for the estimation of buried archaeological structures with electric and magnetic geophysical methods under the supervising of Professor Stavros Papamarinopoulos, director of the laboratory.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Patras
University of Patras