Hospital Quality & Risk
Infection Prevention & Control
Policies & Procedures
Prepare & Present slides
Good interpersonal skills
Medical Negligence & Litigation
Acting Head of Hospital Quality and Risk
Mt Carmel Hospital
(Acting up - Combined with PALS)
♦ Responsibility for all Hospital Risk management
♦ Preparation/Presentation/Minutes of Clinical Governance Group monthly meetings
♦ Responsibility for documentation of Incident forms/near miss records
♦ Close-out of Adverse Incidents
♦ Communication on daily basis with CEO/COO/DON
♦ Liaise with Consultants/Nursing Management on Hospital Policies
♦ Preparation/Chair of De-briefing meetings on adverse incidents/Coroners reports
♦ Responsibility for all med doc forms/Discharge Summaries/Clinical notes
♦ Updating Hospital Governance on Q & R issues on a daily basis
♦ Overseeing all Hospital forms and leaflets prior to printing
♦ Co-ordinating and Leading Accreditation Teams/Heads of Departments
♦ Produce work plan for implementation of JCI accreditation
Patient Advice and Liaison Officer
Mount Carmel Hospital
PALS: Patient Advice and Liaison Officer (Patient Advocacy/Legal).
♦ General side of post: Handling patient complaints/concerns weekly meetings with Dir. Of Nursing
♦ Setting up files on complaints - follow-up letters /emails - from incident form to closure.
♦ Liaise with Medical Records when Request for Medical notes is filed - either under FOI or Data Protection Acts
♦ Oversee tracking of incident forms.
♦ Hold multi disciplinary meetings or work on a one to one basis with hospital staff, Consultants, Anaesthetists and allied workers.
♦ Legal side of post: Handling of legal cases - Importance: Grading System
♦ All legal correspondence received by the Hospital (Medical negligence/General/Obstetrics Legal claims).
♦ Link with Senior Hospital Management, Insurers, State Claims Agency, and Hospital Panel of Defence Solicitors.
♦ In house, organise meetings with Medical/Clinical Personnel involved in legal cases to meet with Defence Solicitors and to progress case statements.
♦ Work in conjunction with Solicitors/CEO to have Affidavits completed and delivered to solicitors on time. I have also sworn Affidavits when CEO on leave.
♦ Work in conjunction with Defence Solicitors to investigate the incident/issues that lead to Court cases; i.e. Track Hospital Policies and Procedures that were/were not in place at time of incident. Copies of Medical notes or X ray or histology relevant to case. Investigate with the staff involved to gather written statements. Discuss General Procedures/Obstetrics with expert Consultants, Midwives or Director of Nursing and Midwifery.
♦ Work with Defence Solicitors in seeking Indemnity from other 2nd/3rd named defendants in Major Legal cases.
♦ Provide all evidence/material requested by Defence Solicitor/Plaintiff Solicitor.
♦ Researching and proving that the Hospital is compliant with the standards of "best practice" at all times and to differentiate between Hospital Liability and the Liability of the Clinician (as to which...
HSE FOSTER CARER
Foundation for Fostering
Fostering of children with Challenging behaviour
Worked with Social workers, Child protection, Psychologists and family members.
Completed Foster Parenting Programme with the HSE (Full Garda Clearance)
Adelaide, Meath and National Children's Hospital (Tallaght Hospital), Dublin 24 (Grade V).
♦ Infection Prevention and Control Team, preparing and circulating monthly meeting documentation.
♦ Updating policies for Infection Prevention and Control manual/sign off by Department Head and CEO.
♦ Manage and control all correspondence, pursuing actions as agreed with the CEO.
♦ Drafting, proof reading, distributing correspondence and reports in an efficient, confidential manner.
- H1N1 programme manager with responsibility for setup on intranet/liaising Pandemic Influenza Committee/updating WHO/HSE information for all staff.
- Committee Secretariat for quarterly Infection Prevention and Control Committee meetings.
- Preparation of agenda minutes for the Antimicrobial sub-committee meetings.
- Collate reports for coroners' cases.
♦ Organise meetings including informing people, preparing and circulating agenda and other relevant documentation as well as arranging venues
♦ Providing full administrative support, attending executive meetings, sometimes outside of normal working hours, preparing minutes etc.
- Public Health notifications on a daily basis.
- Key alert organisms (ESBL, VRE, C.diff, MRSA) highlighting details for staff on daily basis.
- Collect and compile data and statistics.
- Research and write reports as required.
- Documented outbreaks and clusters.
- Act as point of contact for high volume of calls and enquiries in relation to education programmes.
- Liaised with patients in areas of complaints and information.
♦ Preparation of agendas for meetings.
- Follow up action points from team meetings and ensure that they provide update on points.
- Circulate notice of education programmes, ensuring all staff completes mandatory hand hygiene education and best practice in Infection Prevention and Control.
- Database Education attendees.
- Setup of department website.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive system of records and files.
- Assist with Departmental...
Intellectual Disability - Residential Care
- Supervision of 25 staff (Community Employment) chaired weekly meetings and followed up issues arising.
- Responsible for recruitment, development of employment policies and procedures, employee contracts with terms and conditions including Gárda clearance.
- Organised staff training, recorded time sheets, holiday records and absences.
- Led induction programmes for new employees, prepared and designed training policies.
- Interviewed students and placing in appropriate areas, liaised with management with outside community based employers in the wider community regarding placements for students in relevant work experience with a proven 100% record of job placement.
- Monitored work practices on a daily basis including liaising with Fás Regional Office on a weekly basis.
- Negotiated job contracts with employers in the private sector.
- Ensured adequate training for new employment role.
- Prepared and put in place Health and Safety policy document.
- Covered all finance including records, report writing and eligibility.
- Responsibility for annual budget, salaries and training.
- Budget allowance per individual for education, relevant to work opportunity.
- Liaised with management and staff with any problems that may arise.
European Project Manager/Coordinator
Body Positive Ireland Ltd
(HIV/AIDS) Dublin 2
- Implemented policy decisions of Board of Directors, supervised the day-to-day operations of 25 Fás CE participants engaged by the Centre.
- Chaired identified reconcilled differences or grievances, maintaining a high level of staff morale.
- Represented the Centre at meetings, negotiated with the department of Health, Eastern Health Board, ancillary voluntary organisations and FÁS.
- Produced regular management accounts, prepared budgeted projections of outlay and presented monthly financial reports to Board of Directors, prepared and presented annual funding applications to Eastern Health Board.
- Representing Ireland at meetings abroad with 11 European project leaders and negotiated sponsorship with the Depart of Health, Irish Drug companies and the Catholic Social Services.
- Coordinated contributions (Med, Social and Drug Addicts, Gay and Lesbian and Heterosexual people living with HIV or AIDS) joint expertise panel, layout and design work, distributing of manuals to social workers, hospitals, voluntary organisations, Irish Government and European Commission.
- Interviewed staff and volunteers for drop in service - Prison visits, Hospital buddying, Home care and living wills.
♦ Secured continuous and independent funding from Welcome Ltd, Elton John AIDS Foundations (England), the Freddie Mercury Trust (Switzerland) and the Elizabeth Taylor (America) Foundation.
♦ Seconded to be Project Manager of the first ever EU Health project involving 11 EU countries.
♦ Co-ordinated from Brussels.
- Travelled to EU meetings in Amsterdam.
- Responsibility for monthly budget over a 2 year period (~100K ECU).
- Managed budgets in ECU (which was the EU currency that time )
- Coordinated working group of 50 Irish Consultants-Nurses-GP's-Social Workers-Outreach Workers-Prison Officers and Holistic Therapists and people living with HIV/AIDS.
♦ Project manager for Irish self-care manual for people living with HIV/AIDS (for all EU countries).
Accounts Administrator Estate House
♦ Responsibility for management of accounts.
♦ Property development/client searches/credit references.
- Setup of management meetings with clients.
- Advertising press releases for property.
- Attending Court proceedings on behalf of management, preparing Tenancy contracts.
- Correspondence and record keeping.
- Developed and organised annual reports, press releases and annual general meetings.
♦ Typing letters and correspondence. Responsible for outpatient clinics, dealing with reception and administrative tasks. Recording of admissions and discharges on a daily basis.Completing private health insurance cover
♦ 2012/13 Courses completed: Manual Handling/Hand Hygiene/Fire Training (MCH)
♦ Medical Negligence Litigation Conference - Certificate
♦ HCI Q-Pulse
HIV and AIDS Self-care manual (EU Project)
I was the Project Manager for Ireland on the first ever EU commissioned project for 11 EU countries developing a Self care Manual for people living with HIV or Aids.
I organised the Launch of all 11 countries manuals in Dublin Castle, Ireland.
Qualifications & Certifications
St Pauls Secondary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more