With over 18 years of valuable commercial management experience within leading multinational firms in Kenya, I readily combine a great aptitude for revenue generation, customer service and marketing strategies which gives me the ability to take char
Director of Entrepreneurship Training and Business Development
From July 2013
Responsible for curriculum development and quality assurance of the training materials to ensure successfully implementation of the program.
• Undertake classroom teaching instruction for training of trainers who subsequently train entrepreneurs in their institutions.
• Manages the relationship between all program partners including the donors, foreign and local Business Consultants, the trainee entrepreneurs and the Sinapis team to ensure mutual commitment to the success of the startup ventures.
• Generates significant revenue streams for the business by creating other business development opportunities through partner training and consulting services.
• Ensure quality standards are met by institutional partners deploying the Sinapis program and all outputs, timelines and expenditure are reviewed against original plans on a regular basis and timely remedial action undertaken to seal realised gaps.
Teaching and Projects Assistant
Strathmore Business School
June 2012 - June 2013
Collaborated with the Dean of the school in developing a new curriculum for MBA degree classes in Innovation Management, Corporate Entrepreneurship and Strategic Renewal.
• Effectively facilitated MBA degree classes and student projects.
• Coordinated the annual 'Bold Ideas for Humanity' international Innovation Challenge (2012) where five of my student projects were nominated for final awards.
June 2006 - September 2010
Designed and implemented strategic operational plans for achievement of area objectives and presided over the execution of innovative revenue generation and retention strategies that delivered strong results on Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and P&L.
• Structured, negotiated and successfully managed strategic alliance with trade partners, corporate clients, governmental agencies and the general business community that ensured long-term support and commitment from all industry players thereby growing the western retail from a single unit to 12 high performing retail outlets in four years..
December 2001 - May 2006
Worked within the initial team of experienced Business Development professionals recruited by Safaricom Ltd upon its launch in Kenya to expand its footprints in the country.
• Assigned to the western region of Kenya to develop a retail presence and effectively led the retail and customer support teams in customer management strategies that rapidly grew the market, expanding from one to twelve outlets within a very short period
East Africa Breweries Ltd
December 1993 - November 2001
Provided managerial support and successfully coordinated sales operations covering seven sales territories in Eastern Province of Kenya.
• Successfully pitched for large corporate orders and built long-term partnerships through skilful negotiation and extensive networking with all industry players
• Appointed and developed a strong, performance oriented pool of distributors and agents in various towns of Kenya who were empowered to continuously meet and surpass the allocated sales targets.
East Africa Breweries Ltd
September 1992 - November 1993
Recruited by EABL Ltd from Egerton University as part of their graduate management program and successfully trained to manage research work at the Mau- Narok barley farms and the Hops research station at Egerton University.
Qualifications & Certifications
Business and Management
Gordon Institute of Business Science
Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
Manchester Business School
Moi High School - Kabarak
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more