Claim you profile
In addition to taking human rights courses, I interned in an NGO called Rights for All in Cameroon. As a Research intern, I assisted Program Manager in the design and implementation of RFA research projects. The tasks included:
- Assisting in design and implementation of RFA Research project on torture by assisting in designing the research.
- Conducting qualitative/quantitative field research on torture, coding, data analysis and writing up the research report.
- Assisted in the distribution/publication strategy of RFA research projects. The tasks included assisting in the design of comprehensive distribution and publication strategies for RFA research reports, and communicating with potential publication partners
Rights For All Non-Profit Organization
From January 2013
• Educated and trained high school students on topics related to human rights like human trafficking and torture
• Interviewed 15 lawyers who specialize in Human Rights violation and torture cases
• Provided support and a safe environment to the victims of torture and Human Rights violations
Italian Student Representative
French and Italian department, Colby College
Represent students at the faculty and staff meetings
French club, Colby College
From September 2013
Advertise events taking place throughout the year through posters, Facebook, and email
member of the Student committee
The Oak Institute for the study of international Human Rights
January 2013 - May 2013
- Aid in the organization of oak events throughout the year.
- Welcome the oak human rights activist who comes to teach at Colby.
- create a platform for them to showcase their work, know other students and get more integrated in the community.
- organize events during the year to talk about significant human rights topics such as immigration rights, gender inequality, torture, and misplacement.
International Student Services, Colby College
• Kept track and updated immigration database for 200 international students twice a year
• Advertised upcoming international events through social media, posters, and internal communication systems
Assistant, Special Programs Department
• Planned and coordinated summer events
• Supervised activities such as food service/catering, housing, meeting facilities, audiovisual, and recreation.
LEADERSHIP AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Colby African Society Club, Colby College
• Supervised weekly discussions on current African issues
• Coordinated the promotion of African culture through events such as the African week with live performances.
• Voice students opinions and complaints to the faculty and staff department
International Club, Colby College
• Chaired weekly board meetings and Coordinated club events such as the international food festival and the international extravaganza.
• Awarded best campus event of the year for organizing international food festival
French Research Assistant
French Department, Colby College
• Search for articles online and in printed books about specific topics such as African Cinema.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations on famous Francophone poets for weekly poetry tables and presented them to about 15 people
IT department, Colby College
• Install and Troubleshoot computer software and trace phished accounts on the network
• Worked 12 hours per week; assisting over 15 students
Intervention proposal to stop Female Genital Mutilation in Kousserie, Cameroon
I wrote a proposal at the end of my Human Rights class. I explained what methods to adopt to be able to reduce the effect of FGM on health and even reduce its practice in North CAMEROON.
Qualifications & Certifications
Human rights, French, Italian
United World Colleges of the Adriatic
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.