Johannesburg, GP, South Africa
Admin and Sales Manager
Audio Visual Business
From November 2008
• Identify and secure new business
• Servicing existing business to maximise customer relations, thereby maximising sales
• Strategically plan and implement marketing opportunities to increase brand awareness
• Prepared tenders and business proposals - in both government and corporate
• Managed budgets and expenditure
• Controlling and managing sponsorship opportunities, sales plans and media groups
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders and clientele (Corporates, Government, Hotel Groups, Travel Agencies, Events, Conferencing & Exhibition Managers)
• Clients: KPMG, Tafara Events, Avon, Southern Sun
2. Name of company: Tiger Brands South Africa
Senior Brand Manager
Tiger Brands :ALL GOLD
April 2008 - October 2008
• Managed a budget of R8 million
• Managed and monitored elements of brand health that contributed towards brand growth, including:
o Monitoring brand advertising effectiveness which translate to trial, conversion and loyalty performance
o Monitored sales in relation to brand financial performance
o Monitoring consumer complaints
o Stock issues ad discontinuations
• Managed All Gold brand budget to total portfolio budget and managing monthly budget reconciliation and ensuring zero overspend.
• Managing brand-equity building strategies:
o All Gold Communication Strategy(including working with media and advertising agencies- coordinate advertising creative teams and media agency)
o All Gold packaging Roll-out
o All Gold Brand Blue Print finalization
• Worked with Channel and Customer Management Team to manage brand sales, develop and monitor in-store activities and customer specific projects and address issues timeously
• Product Innovation Strategy:
o Managing the product life-cycle through identifying consumer needs in relation to new innovations and developing launch strategies
• Competitor monitoring:
o Monitored competitor activities on an ongoing basis to study their strategies, and thereafter developed mechanisms to counter activities (short-term and long term)
FIAT Auto South Africa
July 2006 - October 2007
• Managed a budget of R6million (performed monthly brand expenditure and reconciliations of all expenditure against budget, raising queries with accounts dept & ensuring zero overspend.
• Strategically planned and managed brand sales, research needs, product launches, product positioning, and on-going communication needs of all the commercial vehicles.
• Worked hand-in hand with Above and Below The Line agencies to ensure effective communication and promotional programmes for all commercial vehicles - including Internet Communication strategy. (liaised with creative and promotional agencies- these included PR drives, TV ads, Newspaper, Magazines and Internet Advertising and consumer campaigns and dealer communication programme) to ensure campaign implementation and to deliver on the communication objectives.
o Prepared all briefs for all the communication plans
o Control communication budgets, including reporting at the end of every campaign
• Pricing strategy: Monitored products' profitability (looked at margins, costs, competitor prices - all against budget)
• Dealer communication strategy - planned and monitored national dealer communication needs and designed suitable incentive programmes, which included competitions and retail advertising
• Product development strategy- managed product life cycle through identifying customer needs in relation with product availability and monitored competitor specs and pricing
• Events Management: Identified and managed
Product Manager & Media Liaison
Nissan South Africa
August 2001 - June 2006
• Defined and supported the communication plans (PR plan) for brands i.e. for passenger, commercial and leisure vehicles.
• Optimally made use of existing corporate communication tools while working hand in hand with internal communications team
• Compiled and implemented a communications strategy and plans specifically for each project phase - product life cycle management
• Conducted regular communication and media audits including reports with recommendations and action plans.
Projects worked on:
1. Research: SUV/ Leisure vehicle strategy.
2. On-going research on product sales performance, customer and communication, and dealer research.
3. Product Launches: X-Trail (4x4 and 4x2) Patrol launch (4x4 only) Hardbody King cab, Navara 4x2 launch
Assistant Brand Manager
Unilever South Africa
September 1999 - June 2001
• Provided business analysis, reporting and planning of brand activities. Monitored and reported market information and competitor intelligence.
• Coordinated communication and PR activities i.e. Magazine and Newspaper Advertising, Trade advertising, Consumer Campaigns etc.
o Worked with customer team to create relevant and impactful P.O.S material for brands
o Followed up, managed and coordinated the implementation of the advertising and promotional campaigns (creation, production, and media)
o Measured the impact of the advertising and promotional campaigns
• Conducted a consumer analysis project - to gain insight into lives of consumers i.e. psychographics, habits, attitudes, buyer behavior, product choice, motivations and relationships they have with their brands.
• Budget Management: Monitored all expenses and ensured payment to suppliers is done on time (performed monthly brand expenditure and reconciliations of all expenditure against budget, raising queries with accounts dept & ensuring zero overspend.
Projects worked on:
1. Advertising research, Youth research, and concept development research for the low-income market.
2. Product launches - led 2 female deodorant product launches (Impulse and Dove deo)
3. Consumer promotions: Above and below the line consumer promotions - to increase awareness, trial and repeat purchase.
4. Competitor Intelligence -Systematically gathered, interpreted and analyzed competitor information.
Projects coordinator for the local and regional office
BMF-Black Management Forum:Durban Regional Office
June 1998 - August 1999
Date: June 1998- August 1999
• Assisted in planning and executing organizational activities, such as: Student Development Programmes, Membership drives, Project Management and Leadership Development workshops, etc.
• Liaised with key stakeholders of the organization i.e. government, parastatals and members
• Offered office support/ administration to ensure smooth running of the organization, including fund raising activities.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
As the 1st Vice President of the Women's Missionary Society at my local church (which is a Global Church Organisation founded in the year 1787 in the USA), I currently serve as the coordinator of the Social Action Commission whose duties and responsibilities are:
- To promote social action programmes which engages women in addressing current critical issues
- Identify and study issues facing the family and develop appropriate educational programs and strategies to address these issues.
Internet, Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word), SAP
Other Computer Programmes:
- Fiat South Africa: Solution Kit & MSA Trend line
- Nissan South Africa: SAP, MSA Trend line, AMPS, NCBS (New Car Buyer Survey)
- Unilever South Africa: SAP, In-Fact, Lotus Notes, Eureka
Qualifications & Certifications
Graduate Diploma Marketing Management
Durban University of Technology
Uthongathi School, now Crawford College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more