Medical Director/ Family Physician (GP)
SAFER Hospital (P) Ltd
From April 2012
Responsible for the physical examination, check up, diagnosis, treatment and assessments of the patients
(paediatric, adult and geriatric cases).
• Responsible for managing the patients in emergency , outpatients and inpatients ward including
infectious diseases such as TB, Malaria, Typhoid, STIs, HIV/AID etc
• Examining and managing neonatal and paediatrics cases with diarrhea/dysentery, ARI,
typhoid/paratyphoid, UTI and nutritional problems.
• Manage and perform scheduled minor operations, simple fractures and dislocations etc.
• Performing bed side procedures like Foley's Catheterization, Pleural and Ascites tapping, joint aspiration,
lumbar puncture, diagnostic ultrasound and EKG independently.
• Prescribe relevant pharmaceuticals or refers to specialists as required.
• Manage and direct the medical, nursing and para-medical staff activities of patient care.
• Participate in the prevention programs and health promotion programs of hospital and to demonstrate the presentation on "prevention measure to avoid infection"
• Organize and run mobile medical camps in city and remote areas of the district.
• Responsible for administrative job such as monitoring the equipments, staffs, policies and strategies. Also
coordinate with district health office and other health institutions.
• Working as hospital administrator to supervise fellow medical and other staffs in carrying out action
Family Physician & Medical Director
June 2011 - February 2012
• Actively involved in daily patient care, attended the OPD, in-patient and emergency patients.
• Managed critical patients with multisystem disorders on mechanical ventilation in ICU and post-operative
• Managed and directed the medical, nursing and para-medical staff activities of patient care.
Family Physician (Part-time)
Hardik Health Care Pvt. Ltd
February 2010 - May 2011
• Actively involved in attending, managing and prescribing relevant medications to OPD patients and referring to specialist as required.
• Provided temporary family planning, CAC service, travel vaccinations - advice & service, and performed minor surgical procedures.
• Organized and participated in the prevention and health promotion programs by providing health
awareness lectures and presentation on chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes,
cancers etc in the community.
• Organized and conducted free mobile health camps in city and rural areas of Lalitpur district.
From October 2010
7 Oct 2010. Organized by National Health Training Centre, MOH, Nepal.
• Emergency Ultrasound Course: 11 - 12 December 2009 Organized by Phect Nepal.
• Computer Training Course on Microsoft windows and Microsoft words: 27 Jan - 20 Feb 2003,
conducted by Gurkha Reserve Unit in Brunei.
• Course in Emergency Life Support: 16 May 2000 Organized by HEARTSTART, UK
• Tropical Medicine Course: 7 - 18 June 1999 Royal Defence Medical College, Gosport, UK
• Vasectomy Training ( Non Scalpel Method ): 30 Dec 1998 - 13 Jan 1999 Nepal Fertility Care Centre,
Kopundole, Lalitpur, Nepal
• Basic Health and Safety & Risk Assessment Course at British Forces Nepal - 10 July 1998
• Family Planning and Child Health Surveillance Course: 8 - 12 June 1998 - Royal Defence Medical
College, Gosport, UK
• The Trainers Training for District Tuberculosis Control Programme in SAARC Countries: 4 - 9 July 1995. Organized by SAARC Tuberculosis Centre, Kathmand, Nepal
• Advanced Trauma Life Support Course: September, 1994.
Organized by Medical Society of Arizona & Nepal at Patan Hospital, Lalitpur, Nepal
• Training in Minilap & Clinical Contraception: Jan - Feb 1992 FPA, Kathmandu, Nepal
• National Training Course on Management of Diarrhoeal Diseases: 9 - 13 July 1990 Organized by
NEPAS/KCH & USAID at Kanti Children's Hospital.
• VSC Training on Vasectomy: Aug - Sept 1987 ( 2 weeks) - Organized by FPA Nepal
• Health Care in Himalayas course: Apr - June 1980 ( 6 weeks) Organized (in Himalayas of Nepal) by
John Hopkins University, USA
Senior Medical Officer/Medical Officer
Gurkha Reserve Unit
September 2000 - September 2009
Sept, 2000 - Sept, 2009
• Provided Medical treatment to the serving , civilian staffs and entitled families & children.
• Responsible for physical examination, diagnosis, treatment of the patients (both paediatric and adult) in emergency , outpatients and inpatients ward including infectious and tropical diseases.
• Carried out minor surgical and bed side procedures in time to time.
• Medical checkup and screening of new intake, serving and civilian staffs (new employment and re- employment) for contract renewal with MINDEF, GRU, Brunei.
• Provided antenatal and temporary family planning advices & services to the families.
• Indent & Provide vaccinations to serving & civilian personnel and families as required.
• Arranged appointment with specialist at RIPAS Hospital for secondary treatment.
• Organized and conducted Basic First Aid and other health awareness related lectures and trainings for para-medical, serving + civilian staffs and families in GRU.
• Medical Advisory & Administrative role as Medical In-charge for GRU.
• Responsible for communication between unit and Ministry of Health & other external agencies.
January 1997 - June 2000
Worked as part time Physician at General Appointment Clinic (GAC) in Patan Hospital (250 bedded general
Hospital) two to three shifts in a week.
• Involved in attending, managing and prescribing relevant medications to OPD patients and referring to specialist as required.
Civilian Medical Practitioner (CMP)
Medical Centre & Medical Cell
November 1995 - September 2000
British Gurkha Kathmandu and Gurkha Welfare Scheme, Nepal
(under Ministry Of Defense UK)
Civilian Medical Practitioner (CMP) Nov 1995 - Sept 2000
• Provided medical treatment to the serving, civilian staffs and entitled family members (both British and
Gurkhas) and transit tees.
• Arranged appointment with specialized hospitals/Consultants for secondary treatment as required.
• Medical advisory role for Gurkha Welfare Scheme Nepal, which provides primary health care to the ex- servicemen and their entitled family members through 24 Area Welfare Centre (AWC) in Nepal and one in Darjeeling, India.
• Conducted mobile Medical and & Surgical camps at remote AWCs in high hills, mountain and tarai areas of different parts of Nepal on regular basis.
• Organized and conducted annual refresher courses for paramedical staffs from all 25 AWCs and Medical
Centre of British Gurkha Nepal. Also provided first aid & other health related lectures to Army and Civilian
staffs in the camp.
• Provided treatment and management to long term (chronic) patients of different types (kidney diseases,
high BP, diabetes, physical and mental disables etc), who returned from overseas and in different AWCs.
• Procurement of drugs and medical equipments from suppliers in Nepal, India and UK for AWCs and
Medical Centre BGK.
• As a Medical In-charge, was actively involved in administrative jobs both in British Gurkha Kathmandu and
Gurkha Welfare Scheme Nepal.
SMO & Chief District Health Officer
Mahendra District Hospital
January 1995 - November 1995
Clinical job in 25 bedded District level hospital and was responsible for running independently OPD clinic,
managing patients in emergency department and hospital wards.
• Managed and performed scheduled minor and emergency operations such as caesarian section,
appendicectomy, laparotomy, and hernis, hydrocele, piles operations. Also managed different types of fractures and dislocations independently.
• Performed bed side procedures like Catheterization, Pleural and Ascites tapping, joint aspiration, Intra
articular injections, lumbar puncture, chest tube placement for managing cases of pneumothorax,
pyothorax and haemothorax.
• Performed post-mortem on death due to falls, poisoning, hanging, RTA etc
• Organized and conducted mobile family planning surgical camps (vasectomy, minilap and laproscopic
tubal ligation) in different areas of Dang ditrict.
• Actively coordinated, conducted and attended seminars, CME activities.
• Worked as hospital administrator to supervise fellow medical staffs in carrying out action plans.
• Liaised with regional health office, Ministry of Health and other medical and non medical organizations to uplift the hospital facilities to guarantee higher quality treatment.
• Administrative role as an In-charge of the Dang district in West Nepal.
MD GP Residency
November 1991 - November 1994
Teaching Hospital Kathmandu Nepal, Patan Hospital, Lalitpur Nepal, Tansen Hospital,
Tansen Nepal, Western Regional Hospital Pokhara Nepal, Surkhet District Hospital, Surkhet Nepal.
MD GP Residency Nov 1991- Nov 1994
• Three years MDGP residency was done in above (25 to 500 bedded district level to Teaching) hospitals.
• Conducted triage on patients according to their complaints, taking history and vitals, performing general
physical and systemic examinations and bring into attention of senior doctor for case discussion and management of the patients.
• Admitted patients in hospital wards, ICU and CCU needing investigations, special care and treatment.
• Examined and provided systemic care to patients in hospital wards, ICU/CCU, emergency department and outpatient clinic.
• Prescribed medicines and carried out surgical procedures (suturing, dressing, I&D abscesses, excision of keloids, lipoma, sebaceous cysts, lymph nodes, hydrocele, hernia and haemorroids operations, Caesarian
section, appendicectomy, laparotomy for acute abdomen, management of fractures/dislocations and managed common ENT and Eye emergency cases) under the supervision of specialist and senior
• Observed, assisted and performed special investigations, bed side as well as emergency procedures such as: catheterization, Ascites and pleural tapping, Chest tube insertion, Intubation and CVP line insertion).
• Actively involved in FP/MCH and antennal /postnatal clinics. Conducted normal and complicated
• Fully responsible for making detailed medical notes as a legal documentation of treatment.
• Involved actively in teaching learning activities such as regularly attending formal classes, CME programs,
literature search (PUBMED), Journal clubs, seminars and grand rounds. Participated in the ongoing
trainings, teaching medical students and junior doctors in time to time.
• Worked closely with senior doctors in conducting data collection, analysis,...
Central Referral Hospital
May 1986 - November 1991
May 1986 - Nov 1991
• Worked as Medical Officer for 5 years and 6 months in the following departments:
Department of Medicine (20 months), Emergency Department (14 months), department of
Anaesthesiology (14 months), department of Ophthalmology (12 months) and department of Surgery (6
• Actively involved in daily patient care, examination and management of about 30 - 50 patients in each
• Performed clinical duties including writing progress notes, evaluating inpatients during the rounds with attending, preparing and updating cardex, managing the patients, writing discharge summaries and
stayed 24 hours on duty in the hospital (one to two shift per week).
• Managed critical patients with multisystem disorders on mechanical ventilation in critical care and post- operative wards and attended to complications thereafter.
• Performed intubation and monitored patients in mechanical ventilation in operation theatre, ICU and
• Performed pre operative assessment, gave appropriate premedication, general anaesthesia, spinal
anaesthesia, regional and local anaesthesia to patients independently under the supervision of senior
• Performed bed side surgical procedures, minor surgical operations and management of simple fractures
/dislocation, burn cases, poisoning cases. Assisted in many general surgical, cardio thoracic, neuro surgical
major operative cases in OT.
• Performed triage, resuscitate and initial management of acute surgical and medical cases presenting to the Emergency department.
• Assessed and managed trauma cases including dressing and suturing of wounds
• Developed hands on experience in drawing blood, pleural fluid and CSF for lab work.
• Involved actively in learning and teaching activities such as CME programs, grand rounds, journal clubs.
Dadeldhura District Hospital
December 1985 - May 1986
Dec 1985 - May 1986
• Examined and managed the patients in emergency, OPD and inpatient wards.
• Actively involved in 24 hours on call duties in the hospital.
• Fully involved in FP and MCH, childhood vaccination, antennal and postnatal clinics.
• Conducted normal, vaccum and forceps deliveries in the hospital.
• Performed minor surgical and bed side procedures independently.
• Performed post-mortem on death due to falls, poisoning, hanging, RTA etc
Family Planning Association
November 1984 - November 1985
Internship 15 Nov 1984 - 15 Nov 1985
• Internship rotation was done in the departments if General Medicine, Surgery, Gynaecology/Obstetrics,
Family Planning & MCH, Paediatrics, Eye, ENT and Casualty in various hospitals mentioned above.
• Performed detail history taking, physical examination, requested investigations and provided other
medical care to treat the out-patients and in-patients under supervision
• Observed, assisted and performed bed side procedures like Foley's Catheterization, Pleural tapping, joint
aspiration, lumbar puncture, diagnostic ultrasound, EKG and other surgical, Gynae/Obs, ortho, Eye, ENT and family planning operations.
• Presented cases every morning on rounds and discussed further management with senior doctor or consultant.
• Demonstrated clinical methods and bed side procedures to medical students.
• Actively co-ordinated and participated seminars, journal clubs, CME and mortality meetings.
• Trained in Primary Trauma care for the management of emergency trauma cases.
COURSES / TRAININGS
• Course on Comprehensive Abortion Care - CAC (MVA + MA): 5 Oct -
Qualifications & Certifications
Institute Of Medicine
Institute Of Medicine
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more