Hazard Recognition and Control
Proactive HSE Consulting Ltd
From February 2011
Construction and maintenance for the following companies CNRL Horizon, ATCO infrastructures and logistics, Marathon Oil Canada, ESS Compass group, Adco Electric, Syncrude, Cenovus Energy
Feb 2011 - Present
• Implement prime contractor (owner) HSE policies and ensure workers safety and welfare on site around high energy situations (Heavy equipments, H2S, BTEX, rig, falling from height ).
• Interpret substances readings (H2S, BTEX) and make recommendations for controls and required PPE.
• Build and update projects hazards assessment, Job Hazard assessment and all relevant procedures and documentations.
• Conduct regular inspections and establish corrective action plans, assign responsibilities and accountability to stakeholders.
• Putting in place a system to monitor compliance on site, equipments inspections, FLRA quality, working within the scope of the permit, maintain a head count of workers at all time when necessary, worksite inspections. Implement fall protection plans
• Fine tune emergency preparedness and response in isolated settlings and develop fire prevention/control measures
• Help contracting companies meet clients and legislative requirements, identify trends base on occurrences and develop activities to prevent accidents
• Impulse a climate that favours safe behaviours, establish a rapport with workers and recognize their achievements
• Working behind the scene to improve the perception on the prime contractor, by ensuring an effective communication, filling his space with banners, safety bulletins. Proactively address situations on site
• Investigate to the root causes all incident/accidents and develop effective mitigation plans
• Deliver site orientations, tool box talks and safety meetings.
• Producing detailed reports for clients (project owner) and for the hierarchy in the company
December 2010 - January 2011
Hazard assessment and control, ensuring compliance to the client safety policy, OHS legislation and the environmental legislation during Ice roads construction. Participation in safety meetings, site and equipments inspection and commend maintenance from the results. Hazard communication, incidents investigation and root causes determination.
From October 2010
Oversee construction and plant maintenance safety plan, Hazard Assessment and implementation of controls. Review emergency response plan for workers in a live plant. Inspect the work area and documentation of the safety activities during the project. Participation in behaviour based safety program. Monitoring of toxic substances (benzene, H2S, CO, LEL ) in live plant, Hazards communication/control with workers.
Health and Safety Technician
United Safety Ltd
November 2007 - July 2010
Hazard assessment, creation and implementation of Job Safety Analysis. Incident/accident reporting and investigation to the root causes. Workplace inspection, participate in toolbox and safety meetings. Monitoring of flammable, toxic substances, communicating with workers on job hazards. Service air trailers and Scott and Surviv-air air packs (SABA and SCBA). Coaching of new employees.
Industrial Quality Control Officer
September 2007 - October 2007
Testing of cabinet, fire, forestry, industrial and municipal hoses for Quality assurance. Report writing, commend maintenance from products defaults.
Risk Assessment Officer
August 2005 - August 2007
Conduct Hazard Assessment and pre-job meetings, elaborate confined spaces code of practice, monitoring and select appropriate PPE for confined space entry. Service air carts and trailers and implementation of safe work practices and procedures. Development of mines cleaning procedures and new employees coaching program.
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
July 1999 - September 2005
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Alberta