Microwave Transmission Network
I have intensive training in Microwave Transmission network. I worked in Telkom as senior microwave transmission technician for 10years. I started with installation of Ericsson microwave equipments, testing the installation and commission the system before cutting traffic in it. I did day to day field operation, maintaining the links to ensure optimum performance of the radio network. I was doing maintenance for Ericsson mini links, P-com Radio systems, MR-18 Radio systems, Rectifiers. Performing Radio routines as defined schedules on both Telkom and GSM sites. • Ensure that access procedures is done in accordance with Telkom microwave sites by contractors. • Training new Radio and Microwave staff and Telkom SA Student and Executive when do sites visiting. I then worked at Saab Grintek Technologies as Microwave Transmission Project manager. •
Senior Microwave Transmission Technician
November 1999 - August 2009
Clearing of faults and alarms assign to me in accordance to service level agreement with Telkom clients
• Escalating faults according to procedures if unclear and completing tickets assigned to me.
• Transmission Network (PDH, SDH), Radio Transmission Network Maintenance and upgrading, commissioning of new traffic DP’s to ensure that they “pass” and ensure that they are in good order before handed over to the clients
• Liaise with internal and external clients( Corporate Clients, Private Companies, GSM companies(MTN, Vodacom and Cell-C)
• Day to day field operation ( Radio Operation and Maintenance to ensure optimum performance of the Radio Network
• The maintenance of Radio Telecommunications Network (Radio Links, Ericsson Mini – Links E & E Radio Systems , Plessey PDR – 23 Radio Systems, P-Com Radio systems, MR-18 Radio Systems, Rectifiers)
Vodacom Nera Network
Managing Vodacom Radio Network and Microwave projects and project teams for Mpumalanga and Limpopo Provinces. Controlling and monitoring projects deliverables, schedules and progress through standards and project management methodologies and processes. Manage, control and guide project risks and ensuring that projects risk are done in accordance with the operational requirements as stated in the system and technical specification as agreed with customer’s project team. Manage project budget and local supplier costing.Manage and supervisor Network Planners, Network Installers(technicians) and Subcontractors. Develop Statement of Work and WBS based on consolidated customer and Saab GT Specifications.Identify and record all possible risks in the minutes and make sure that the customer is aware. Track all internal team members, departments and their allocated tasks, and ensure quality completion in the time allocated by the project plan. Communicate all information requirements to customer schedule and track. Ensure programming, configuration and integration completed according to Specifications and project plan.
Qualifications & Certifications
Advanced Diploma in Project Management