I am a management professional with 20+ years of proven track record in strategic purchase management, logistics and business development. I am seeking a challenging position with a dynamic organization to make tangible contributions in achieving macro business objectives.
As apparent from my CV, my key strength is my expertise in contractual negotiations, strategic purchasing planning, maintain sound relations with suppliers and business administration. My ability to substantially augment revenue, local, foreign purchasing experience and negotiate critical deals, gives me a unique edge from which I can add value to your business.
What deserves to be highlighted is my extensive experience in supplier sourcing and development and MRP (material resources planning). I have drafted many commercial contracts / supply agreements and successfully negotiated terms and conditions of the contracts with the suppliers thus augmenting business productivity.
My key skills include value engineering packaging, and project management. my proficiency in warehouse management encompassing supply chain and primarily aims to control the movement and storage of materials in a way that provides for availability of material and reduction / optimization of warehouse value.
My ability to perform well under pressure and commitment to quality are skills that I can apply to success, and make me a valuable team member.
Logistics Services Manager
Alzahrani Trading Company
From July 2012
Manage purchases of more than 8000 SKU of house hold and electrical products from 22 global brands.
In addition to 4 company owned brands. Among the brands we represent as sole distributor is Tiger,
Fissler, Leifheit, Lock n Lock, TVS, and Bormioli.
In addition to purchasing, I manage 7 warehouses and a fleet of 27 trucks to distribute products among 7
warehouses covering the entire Saudi market.
Managed to streamline and optimize warehouse value and established some procedures to ensure
Participated in go life of Oracle ERP system.
Rolled out a network analysis project for Warehouses with a global consulting company.
Worked on improving current supplier relations and negotiated several commercial agreements.
Managed to source new suppliers and stroked 2 exclusive distributions in Saudi Arabia.
Agro Logistics and Commercial Manager at PepsiCo International - SSFL Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2nd Industrial City
Company Industry: FMCG
Joined as a Purchasing Manager
January 2006 - July 2012
January 2006 - July 2012
PepsiCo International is an American multinational corporation with interests in the manufacturing,
marketing and distribution of products.
Joined as a Purchasing Manager, charted a phenomenal growth to merit promotion to Agro Logistics and Commercial Manager through exceptional performance
Key Responsibilities as Agro Logistics and Commercial Manager:
• Providing strategic guidance on procurement decisions, negotiating with suppliers to source products,
renewing/ terminating contracts of suppliers in view supplier capability and performance.
• Enlightening new business partnerships and developing existing clientele, understanding business
challenges, making recommendations and strategies to achieve and maintain market leadership.
• Delegating assignments to ensure production of the highest quality at lowest possible price, adhering to company performance standards and customer delivery needs.
• Evaluating information regarding product innovation, competitors and market conditions to resolve
problems, optimize strategies and market positioning.
• Coordinating with finance department and key suppliers for new contracts in liaison with legal office.
• Monitoring prices of commodities and inventory of materials for effective implementation of plans
consistent with sales/marketing goals and objectives.
January 2006 - October 2009
• Made substantial contribution to boost market share and deliver savings of 2.1 million USD$ in 2009.
Key Responsibilities as Purchasing Manager:
• Streamlined procurement handled Purchase order cycle and supply chains to maintain uninterrupted
flow of materials and documented the same.
• Managed relationships with key suppliers for tactical purchase planning, effectively analyzed supplier
sourcing and resultant growth.
• Scrutinized emerging market developments, assessed new technologies and methodologies which
have a positive impact on the bottom-line and quality of service.
• Conducted extensive research to support strategy development, branding for company products,
provided insightful recommendations based on statistical analysis and sales forecasts for new product
• Maintained purchase records, expenditure statements, material resource planning, coordinated with teams to ensure accurate valuation of purchases.
• Supervised purchases of raw material, value engineering packaging and storage, oversaw the operation of transport department for movement of materials.
• Scheduled inventory to enhance profitability and eliminate procedural redundancies pertaining to delivery date, payment terms, economized costs via appointing suppliers while ongoingly emphasizing on price and reliability.
• Negotiated payments terms, credit lines with suppliers and submitted periodical reports to the management, motivated the team to achieve plan objectives.
Kimberly-Clark - Olayan Location
November 2003 - December 2005
• Organized for all aspects of materials management including planning, procurement, storage and distribution, overseas purchases.
• Delivered quality results within specified time frames while implementing the planned strategies, giving
organization a competitive edge resulting in increased client base and profitability.
• Provided strategic guidance on material planning, procurement decisions, endeavored to enhance the ratio of local purchases to foreign purchases to reduce foreign exchange costs.
• Evaluated and negotiated with suppliers to source products from economically viable sources, renewed or terminated agreements in view of past performance.
• Enhanced warehouse management process to maintain optimal stock levels with an attention to sales,
shortages, returns, excessive, obsolete stock and avoid material shortages.
• Maintained all purchase orders to avail competitive prices prior to finalization, implemented logistic
strategies that optimize the storage and flow of materials.
• Monitored and controlled logistical costs, coordinated with finance department and key suppliers for payment issues, critical supplies and credit lines.
• Reported to the senior management on a periodic basis to apprise them of company's progress against strategic and annual business plans.
Vinnell Arabia Location
August 1990 - December 2001
• Played a key role in development of National guard modernization program and Arab league Military
• Handled translation of training publications, Quality Control Review and training for the National guards
• Organized training for new recruits on military translation and conducted performance reviews
periodically to maintain a motivated team
• Ensured clear communication, assured confidentiality and followed up on any complaints to prevent
escalations and legal implications.
• Analyzed feedback and revised business strategies thus enabling achievement of organizational
Qualifications & Certifications
PepsiCo Agro University Mini tuber plant
PepsiCo Packaging University
King Abdulaziz University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more