- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I have been a volunteer mediator for the Orange County Human Relations Commission for the past year, and have participated in over 30 mediations. I enjoy finding mutually acceptable solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
Law Office of Ornah Levy
From August 2012
Attorney at Law and Mediator
- General Practice: Mediation, litigation, negotiation, legal consulting, business, family law matters, real estate, contracts, HR.
West Coast Operations Manager
May 2009 - August 2012
Responsible for coordinating Linq3's West Coast Operations, reporting directly to the C.T.O.
Payment Card Industry (PCI): Authored and maintained Linq3's first set of PCI Security Policies promulgated throughout the company. Worked with CTO in maintaining PCI Compliance and passing Linq3's PCI Audits and Penetration Tests. Assisted in the creation and maintenance of all of Linq3's PCI Documents, including Linq3's PCI Procedures, Standards and Forms.
HR: Assisted in all aspects of hiring new employees for the Technical Division. Assisted in the creation and placement of job postings, conducted initial interviews, assisted with follow-up interviews and decisions regarding suitability for employment. Conducted thorough background checks, administered Payment Card Industry Security Exams and employment documents.
Telecom: Responsible for managing all of Linq3's Telecom installations. Produced
business case studies for MPLS providers, negotiated MPLS contracts, and managed each MPLS installation project from inception through installation and final test. Worked with Cox, XO, New Edge, and AT&T. Negotiated successful resolution to MPLS (copper run) impasse between AT&T and Data Center in order to complete the first MPLS circuit run into the new OC2 building.
Office Space: start-to-finish build-outs including: negotiating office space contracts,
architectural office design, planning and overseeing build-out (including electrical circuits and Ethernet runs), staging and relocating machines, furniture and staff with minimal disruption.
Notable Successes at Linq3:
- Mediated both internal HR issues and external project-related conflicts
- Saved Linq3 over $109,000 in one year, due to strong negotiation skills
- Produced Linq3's PCI Documents in a one month time period in order to meet PCI deadlines after a consultant failed to produce them in the preceding 6 months.
- Assisted in writing and / or editing all major technical publications for Linq3
Attorney at Law
Law Office of Ornah Levy
November 2005 - May 2009
General Practice: litigation, legal consulting, family law matters, wills and trusts, HR.
Bisom & Cohen Attorneys at Law, LLC
March 2004 - November 2005
- Drafted and Argued motions
- Responsible for all civil court appearances
- Conducted discovery and depositions, negotiated settlements
Blue Calico, Ltd
- Formed and Incorporated Blue Calico, Ltd.
- Negotiated with Burleigh factory in U.K. to provide exclusive pricing to Blue Calico
- Navigated international shipping pitfalls, and negotiated shipping deals to produce
significant savings on import costs
- Took Blue Calico, Ltd. from inception to becoming the largest U.S. importer of
Burleigh's hand-made Victorian-era pottery
Qualifications & Certifications
Westlake High School
Southwestern University Moot Court Competition
Southwestern University School of Law
California State University