• 28 years of Experience of successfully managing all aspects of a large Continuous Process Chemical, Petro Chemical, API Bulk drug, Specialty Chemical, Polymer , Agro Chemicals industry Operations and leading cross-functional teams on key Projects .
• Dynamic and result oriented well Versed with Modern Techniques of Production - WCM / TPM / 5s / Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma etc .
• Highly knowledgeable multi facet professional disciplines and an expert at organizing & directing turnaround situations
• Have designed the layout, organization, processes, and procedures for facility as well as facilitated organization by adding new infrastructures, set ups and modernizing the same to meet global standards with market requirements.
• Responsible for each and every activity of plant including production, QC, QA, Engineering, HR, Liaisons, inter - Departmental co-ordination, customer and vendor dealing etc.
• To lead plant team with initiative and drive to change the existing system to bring them in line of professionally Managed organization with responsive & motivated team for achieving the set targets.
• A Chemical Engineer with wide experience apart from chemical Engineering, in General Management with multi discipline functions for running an industry in totality, owning the responsibilities of all the Departments of the units.
• Maximizing Profit, Team Building, Budgeting and Operation of Unit and Managing Projects.
• Setting up of green field projects . Proven sk
I IT Chemical 27 Yrs. Exp. Plant Head
• 27 years of experience of operation of successfully managing all aspects of a large Continuous Chemical , Petro Chemical , Pharmaceutical API Bulk drug , Speciality Chemical , Polymer industry and leading cross-functional teams on key projects.
• Have designed the layout, organization, processes, and procedures for facility as well as facilitated organization by adding new infrastructures , set ups and modernizing the same to meet global standards with market requirements .
• Responsible for each and every activity of plant including production, QC, QA, Engineering, HR, Liasioning with govt. bodies, inter -departmental co-ordination, customer and vendor dealing etc.
• Leaded the entire plant team with lot of initiative and drive them in line of professionally managed organization with responsive & motivated team for achieving the set targets in all spheres on time binding..
• A Chemical Engineer with wide experience apart from chemical Engineering in depth , in General Management with multi discipline functions for running an industry in totality.
• Setting up of a green field projects with complete systems & processes & see to the smooth running of the plants.
• Proven skills like Process Engineering , DCS System Operations, SCADA System Operations, SAP Operations, MS Projects ,ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO18001, c GMP , all type of Audits .
• Production / Plant Operations - Developing Production Plans and Volumes, concepts for production optimization, yield improvement to ensure achievement of targets as per budgeted parameters.
• Maintenance - Planning & implementing the preventive & predictive maintenance of Plant , machines , personnel, production ,equipments for improving the overall reliability, safety & maximum efficiency under safe operating conditions.
• Process Enhancement carried out to improve in existing products based on market trends & requirements by cost saving techniques / measures and modifications .
• QMS Implementation
From February 2013
Management Functional Unit Head with Single point accountability of continuous process Super Ceramic Fibre unit and Poly Urathine based various manufacturing units with all operational functions and responsibilities in Integrated Management system in ISO 9000 , ISO14000 & ISO 18000 with SAP System working. Responsible for P & L. Unit Turn over INR 300 crores Group turn over INR 2000 crores . Working manpower is 600 . ( B to B business )
Head Production & Projects
G M Chemical
May 2011 - January 2013
Moradabad U.P. Since May2011 to January 2013 Functions: Head Production & Projects
Managing overall production of 140 TPD Acrylic fiber Plant as Department Head -- PLC , DCS , SCADA based Process control system of Continuous Polymerizations with CSTRs , Distillation units, Acrylic Fiber spinning unit / Dyed acrylic fiber unit (SNIA BPD Technology). Commissioned new projects. Reviewed Production process, introduced continuous improvement programme , planned and executed modifications . Enhanced existing Acrylic fiber plant capacity from 100 TPD to 140 TPD
Turn over INR 600 to INR 900 crores. Working manpower is 750 . ( B to B business )
Sr. General Manager
M/s Surya pharmaceutical ltd
February 2008 - April 2011
Chandigarh since Feb. 2008 to April 2011 Functions: Operations & Projects
Headed and Provided a single point accountability of Greenfield projects and Brown field Projects of 7 ACCA , 7 ANCA, Cefixime , Cephalexin , Cefuroxime , Cefaclor , Menthol with GMP standards to deliver the projects in accordance with the project commitments with full project authority, within established budget and company operating policies to manage and direct assigned project resources. Commissioned attractive Plants with modernized facilities of global standard. Assisted the operations for the manufacturing, coordinated plant activities for the set up standards with accountability for strategic utilization & deployment of available resources to achieve organizational objectives. Group Company turn over INR 1400 crores & Working Unit manpower 750. (BtoC business ).
M/s Kores India Ltd
October 2004 - January 2008
Functions: Operations & Projects
Headed independently with power of attorney a green field Polymer Project from conceptual stage to manufacture Polymers , Synthetic Resin Adhesives , Polymers of vinyl acetate , Polymers of Acrylates, Synthetic Rubber based Adhesives , and Various others. Implemented Project with in 8 months time and finally headed Production Unit. Group turn over INR 1000 crores & Working Unit manpower 450 . ( B to C business)
General Manager ( Works ) Unit Head
November 2000 - September 2004
Functions: Operations & Projects Similar Function as of 4.
Brought the Business from debt to profit in very first year itself. The company got recognition in the market and it became leader in the field. Group Company turn over INR 1000 crores & Working Unit manpower 250 (B to C business).
Project / Production Manager/ Project Head
Presently Jubilant Organosys Ltd
May 1995 - October 2000
U. P. / Nira Pune Maharastra: May 1995 To October 2000 Functions: Operations & Projects
Single point accountability as Project Manager of Continuous process based Organic Chemicals Projects with Project conceptualization , PFD development , designing , Contract finalization , Ordering , Dealing with Process Licensers , Suppliers, Site Fabricators and Contractors, Planning, scheduling, Procurement of materials & Equipments , construction. Up-gradation of Plants , Development and Design of new project , Layout , Bill of materials preparations, Vendors development , Execution , commissioning . Group turn over INR 5000 crores & Unit manpower 750 . ( B to C business)
7. Dy. Manager Chemicals / Plant Manager M/s PPCL New Delhi (A Govt. of India U. T ):
August 1987 - May 1995
with Active participation with Process Licensers GmbH Lurgi West Germany and Reputed Engineering Company M/s FEDO , PDIL , DMCC, and various others. Erected , Commissioned and operated fertilizer , DM Water plant, water treatment , Effluent treatment plant & Roaster and Acid unit supplied by GmbH Lurgi West Germany. Taken charge of Production , Operations and maintenance of Roaster and Acid plant , SSP plant. Company turn over INR 400 crores & Working Unit manpower 750 ( B to C business).
Ministry of industry Govt. Of India New Delhi
April 1986 - July 1987
Technical assessment of industries engaged in manufacturing of Methanol and various Petrochemicals , formulation of Technical Norms for Administrative Price Control of industries under Govt. of India Ministry , Industries taken for study were R C F Mumbai, GNFC Bharuch , NFL Nagal.
CHEMICAL, PETRO CHEMICAL, API BULK DRUG,POLYMERS, AGRO CHEMICAL
• Responsible for all aspects of Projects objectives , functionality to meet Time & Cost Deadlines. Developing Project Execution Concept , Overall Master Project Schedule , Coordinating with Engg. Depts. & Engg. Consultants for Design and timely issue of Engg. Deliverables as per • Responsible for all aspects of Projects objectives , functionality to meet Time & Cost Deadlines. Developing Project Execution Concept , Overall Master Project Schedule , Coordinating with Engg. Depts. & Engg. Consultants for Design and timely issue of Engg. Deliverables as per Project Scope , Man-hour Budgeting & Control , Establishing Engg. Document List & Engineering Procedures , Procurement , Vendor Document reviews , Managing Site Queries. Liaisons with various government departments and authorities for obtaining various approvals & clearances . Reporting with MD/Technical Director on project status.
• Maintaining focus on safety in the development of project concept and during execution.
• Providing leadership to the project team which includes engineering, procurement and construction.
• Developing execution and contracting strategies to effectively meet objectives.
• Oversee Change Management process and providing cost and schedule control.
• Compliance with all Company’s policies, procedures and technical standards.
• Completeness of the basic engineering and look for opportunities for value addition .
• Development of the PFD and input to the P&ID, Detailed design of Company proprietary technology, such as distillation columns, adsorption systems and heat exchangers , Specifying of duty specifications for process and related equipment , schedules of line sizes, instruments and valves , applying engineering standards and procedures, Supported and guided engineers
• Liaised with other engineering disciplines , Coordinated the Hazop team , Performance testing team and assessment team.
• Chalked out plan for Plant trouble shooting , Workload planning, Performance review, mentoring of young engineers.
• Project implemented : API bulk drugs , Polymers , Arylic fibers, Distilleries , Biogas Plant , Acetaldehydes, CO2 plant, Synthetic Adhesives units , Ethyl acetate , Butyl acetate Sulphuric acid , Phosphatic fertilizer plant, DM water plant, ETP and various off sites like Alcohol storage tanks ,tank farms etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Management & Hazardous Control
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more