Claim you profile
Senior Faculty Administrator/Faculty Officer
CENTRAL SUSSEX COLLEGE
From July 2003
• Liaising with Student Information Service (SIS) on student data and documentation on all courses for the Faculty, including the recording of student achievement.
• Collection and analysis of statistics as requested by the Director of Faculty.
• Supporting the Faculty Director in managing budgets and liaising with Finance in the processing of purchases, sales, requisitions, orders, and invoices.
• Interacting with cross college examination staff and boards to process entries, assist in exam invigilation and manage in conjunction with SIS, achievement data from Awarding Bodies.
• Main contact point for liaising with cross college faculties, and other college sites.
• Checking registers and attendance data for the Faculty and producing regular reports.
• Managing administrative office to ensure the whole faculty is supported effectively, about 130 staff and 7,000 students.
• Organise and provide administrative support to the Faculty Director and teaching staff.
• Supporting the Director ensuring that all procedures are complied with, particularly in relation to Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
• Dealing effectively with telephone, email, fax and postal communication and relaying information.
• To organise meetings and special events for the Faculty as and when required.
• Managing an open reception office and dealing directly with students, prospective students, enrolments and all issues relating to their time at college.
SWINDON BOROUGH COUNCIL
January 2002 - July 2003
Whilst working for the Education and Community Division for Swindon Borough Council I provided administrative support to four Literacy Consultants/School Inspectors. Select Appointments offered a temporary post within their Education Division which entailed recruiting teachers for schools and colleges in the Sussex/Surrey area, liaising with schools/colleges/nurseries to provide them with suitable staff. This job requires high communication skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced environment.
Senior Information Administrator/Learning Agreement Officer
October 1990 - December 2001
• Management and supervision of administration/admissions office to maximise response to student enquiries applications and enrolments.
• Provide specialist advice to prospective students and general public. Supervision and execution of student interviews, enquiries and issue of necessary information, ensuring all documentation was completed and correctly processed.
• Responsible for appropriation of course fees, safe handling and transfer of all funds.
• Supervision of three administration assistants and temporary agents.
• Liaison with Divisional/Programme Managers, secretaries and administration managers, to ensure maximum enrolments are achieved against targets.
• Providing customer interface for students, lecturers, commercial companies, examining bodies, local authorities whilst establishing and maintaining customer relationship and goodwill.
• Preparing and reporting to higher management on all activities via status reports and regular meetings.
• Working knowledge of IT and computer database systems. Experience of Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and other Windows software packages.
• Producing student-tracking reports and providing effective systems to maximise funding to validate information from various areas using latest software to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Working effectively as a multi-skilled member of the Management Information System Team (MIS) to achieve key objectives whilst problem solving with members of staff.
• Lead role in building EBS register event data, interacting with faculties to ensure courses have information for input to registers and ensuring course tutor links are established to support on going success of the register programme. Liaising with Divisional Managers, Programme & Course Leaders where difficulties arise. Maintenance of auditable records and production of regular statistical/graphical reports.
Telecommunications Operator/Painter & Finisher
ROYAL AIR FORCE
February 1981 - February 1990
Retraining to Telecommunications Operator in July 88 I worked on private automatic branch exchange systems and other ancillary equipment such as radiotelephony and telegraphy procedures in transmission and reception of signals, teleprinters, facsimile and other electronic landline systems. Dealing with administration and managing confidential documents concerning RAF personnel. Previously I trained and worked on corrosion treatment and bodywork restoration on Nimrod Maritime aircraft, Harrier military aircraft and transport vehicles.
Qualifications & Certifications
British Sign Language
Central Sussex College
Central Sussex College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.