- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I am from the Caribbean and English is my first language.
June 2012 - August 2013
• To monitor and maintain all the building services, apartments, fitments, structure and finishes to the building and grounds with particular regards to the health and safety of all colleagues and guest.
• To monitor and issue tasks from the in-house PPM schedule including fire alarm testing, emergency light testing, AHU units and Boilers.
• To monitor and issue task from the contractors PPM servicing schedule including Lifts, BMS etc. to ensure all plant and equipment is serviced to manufacturers recommendations to minimise breakdowns and increase service life
• To monitor and maintain an effective spares and stores facility to cover the majority of breakdowns on site i.e. Miele consumables, PRV spares, replacement lamps, plumbing/mechanical/electrical parts to ensure minimal plant down time.
• To carry out inspection on completed maintenance tasks by team to check on work standards.
• To assist and cover the work of others tradesmen when required to ensure that services are maintained correctly.
May 2008 - July 2011
• Responsible for the day to day running of the engineering department
• Main duties- Management of the day-to-day planned maintenance schedules across the site and to organise and co-ordinate maintenance engineers to ensure that the quality of their work meets and exceeds the expected levels, management of all engineers and assist in the maintenance of the property as and when required, as this position is 50% management and 50% hands on.
March 2007 - May 2008
Working as a Duty Shift Engineer dealing with the hotel's electronics, plumbing, electrics, heating, cooling, and the entertainment system in all rooms, also maintaining all plant room equipment, this requires understanding how to use the hotel's BMS (Building Management systems). This job requires a lot of trouble shooting and repairing on site as most of the work is done in house.
Shift Maintenance Engineer
September 2006 - March 2007
Working as part of a team. Duties include PPM, Reactive Maintenance, Faultfinding and general building maintenance.
October 2005 - September 2006
Responsible for the provision, repair, rearrangement and maintenance of copper circuits on distribution frames in BT telephone exchanges. Team leader responsible of a team of four. Role mainly included getting the work ready for the team, fault finding and working with the night manager to make sure everything went as planned.
University of Westminster
September 2001 - June 2005
Bernuth Agencies Inc
Bernuth Agencies is a Miami based container-shipping company.
• Worked as Engineering Officer on container ships travelling between Miami and various Caribbean islands.
• Responsible for the maintenance, repair and daily operations of the engines and all other ship equipment. This required detailed knowledge of diesel engines, electrical motors, air compressors, generators etc. As an officer, I managed other engineering staff.
MV Sand Island
• Εngineer on a 100m ferry between mainland St.Vincent and the Grenadine island of Bequia.
• Responsible for the engines and other crewmembers.
• Also in charge of ticket collection and customer service.
Frangipani Hotel St.Vincent
Worked as part of a team maintaining 30 rooms.
carpenter's apprentice and then started my own painting and decorating business
Qualifications & Certifications
Seven-day Adventist High School
(Honours) in Electronic Engineering (University of Westminster
University of Westminster
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more