Claim you profile
Bachelor of Science
Consultant Psychiatrist Dr Daljit Jagdev
September 2012 - May 2013
09/2012 - 05/2013, Medical Research
I spent 8 months on Aquarius Ward, an adolescent psychiatric unit, conducting research under the supervision of Consultant Psychiatrist Dr Daljit Jagdev. It was entitled 'Factors that Affect Length of Stay in a Tier 4 Adolescent Psychiatric Unit'.
* Conducted Novel Attended Care Programme Approach (CPA) meetings
* Spent time with the doctors and nurses on the ward
* Spent time in the nurses station and with the Outreach team
* Wrote up a 10,000 dissertation with te
Holiday Bible programme
From July 2012
Travelled to Falmouth and worked with 13 people from all over the UK to put on a Holiday Bible programme on the beach for school children aged 5-14.
* Playing games on the beach with the kids (great fun might I add!!)
* Engaging adults and parents watching in conversation
* Trying to engage with some of the teens on the beach
* Planning quizzes and participating in sketches
Assisting feeding Patients
St Georges Hospital
August 2011 - April 2012
Assisting patients during protected meal times, who are unable to feed themselves. I attended the training 6 months prior to starting so I was well aware of all the health and safety implications
* Learnt effective communication skills that are needed when taking to vlnerable patients
* Liaised with all members of the medical staff and maintained a good working relationship with them
* Gained skills in caring for patients and identifying when a patient may be in need of emergency attention
United Beach Mission 2011
Nuffield Bursary Scheme
July 2009 - August 2009
I received a scholarship to undertake research in the Microbiology Department at the Royal Free Hospital for 1 month. I worked under the supervision of Dr Bambos Charalambous (UCL) looking at 'Molecular Capsular Typing of Streptococcus Pneumonia'. I am not be noted for my contributions in the paper to be Published in due course.
* Learnt key scientific procedures, including PCR, Gel electrophoresis, using a pipette
* Worked in a lab with both clinicians and scientists
* Presented my findings along with another student at a Science Fair at Imperial College London
September 2009 - May 2010
I was heavily involved in youth work both in my lower and upper years of sixth form. This involved building relationships with young people from the local estate.
1. Planning games for them to play
2. Being aware of any pastoral needs and flagging up any worrying behaviour
3. Building lasting relationships with them
Qualifications & Certifications
St George's University of London
Ashcroft Technology Academy
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more