- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I have over seven years of experience as a GIS Analyst and Cartographer, of which five were solely in New Zealand. I have good understanding of the GIS tools and programs: Arc Map, Arc Catalog, MS Excel and Microstation. I also have some experience in: Corel Draw, Python language, MS Access and Confirm Enterprise Data Base.
Between the years 2011-2013, I was working as a Geospatial Data Analyst for Auckland Council. I was responsible for several projects, including managing my GIS work, map design and analysis of data using Arc Map.
For Aerial Surveys Ltd, my key responsibilities were to create cartographic maps and to edit aerial photography. I was also responsible for updating a GPS database for the company’s website.
At Geosmart Ltd, I was mainly responsible for preparing street maps but I also supported the business activities with my mapping design skill sets. My work included creating Wises and AA Travel maps for many large cities throughout New Zealand.
Between 1999 and 2001 I was employed by an IT company in Israel called SELLA - Software Education Labs. My main role was to support the staff as a graphic designer although I also assisted my colleagues with any IT issues.
Geospatial Analyst, Cartographer
August 2011 - November 2013
This involves managing projects and small jobs for private and government customers in a professional manner.
• Editing, analysing and manipulating GIS data to complete a wide range of council projects. Applications used:
Arc Map 9.3, Arc Catalog, MS Excel, Confirm Enterprise DB.
• Data management (data capture and Database maintenance) throughout Auckland region.
• General cartography - designing maps of Auckland Region.
Aerial Photography Editor, GIS Trainer, Cartographer and Project Manager
November 2007 - May 2009
• Creating aerial photography and cartographic maps to suit private / governmental customer needs.
Applications used: Microstation, IRASC, Photoshop and Corel Draw.
• Updating and maintaining GPS Database.
• Digital printing and laminating.
Digital Printer Operator
Benefitz - Printing Solution
October 2006 - October 2007
• Operating an iGen3 digital printer, Printing digital billboards 5m wide, Printer maintenance.
• Print finishing, i.e. laminating, folding, creasing, dispatching goods etc.
April 2001 - October 2006
• Producing and updating geographical and street maps using GIS files. Applications used: Microstation, IRASC and Corel Draw.
• Maintaining large format company Plotter.
Graphic and Web Designer, Printing producer, Technical Support
SELLA - Software Education Labs
September 1999 - March 2001
• Graphic and Web Designing. Applications used: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Free-Hand, PowerPoint and MS Word.
• Live and interactive Power-Point presentation on Web + GIF Animation with Flash functions.
GIS Project Manager, Cartographer, Digitizer user, Map Producer
May 1995 - July 1997
• Design and management of GIS files, printing and laminating geological maps. Applications used: Microstation and IRASC.
• Data Digitizing with A3 Digitizer, using and maintaining company Plotter.
Qualifications & Certifications
Computing and Network Support
Digital Media and Photography
Camera Obscura School of Arts in Israel
Draughtsperson - High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more