GIS and Remote Sensing
Sustainable Natural Resources Management
Environmental Impact Assessment
Mining Environmental Management
"Energy Resources Rail" LLC
From May 2012
16th Floor, Central Tower, Ulaanbaatar - 14200, Mongolia
1. Compliance of Mongolian national environmental legislation on the project site of railway construction.
2. Evaluating the tender companies for Environmental Impact Assessment of mining and infrastructure sector.
3. Implementation of international environmental requirements (performance indicators) that developed by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on the project site.
4. Compliance of Mongolian national standards on rehabilitation and environmental protection activities.
5. Writing up the annual environmental report and submit to relevant government organizations.
6. Compiling and analyzing the environmental monitoring data and drawing conclusion.
7. Conducting joint Health Safety and Environmental inspections on work place.
8. Creating environmental database in Geographic Information System (GIS) and making analysis on geospatial data.
9. Working with satellite data and producing maps on ArcMap 10.
10. Communicating with local environmental inspectors on rehabilitation activities and making sure that adverse impacts are at minimum level on the project site.
11. Training the environmental officers of "Ukhaa Khudag" coal mine with the application of ArcMap10 program to work with environmental data on GIS.
Contact person: D. Munkhzorig, Head of HSE Department, "Energy Resources" LLC
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: 88119501
Protected Area and Biodiversity Analyst
"National Geo-Information Center for Natural Resources Management" Project
December 2007 - August 2010
Dutch Government/Ministry of Nature and Environment, Mongolia
Juulchny Street - 5, Meteorological Building, Ulaanbaatar - 15160, Mongolia
1. Developing the decision support system based on the application of GIS and remote sensing for the natural resources management. This included following researches:
a) Defining the landscape based connectivity corridor between 3 protected areas based on the key migratory species movement.
b) Estimating potential habitat map of IUCN threatened mammal species of Mongolia using GIS application.
c) Producing land cover maps for 4 protected areas of Mongolia.
d) Assessment of suitable sites for new protected areas using Spatial Multi-Criteria Evaluation at national level.
2. Training the protected area rangers with GPS tracking system.
3. Organized a workshop on "Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Area Planning: concepts, policy and criteria" for the decision makers from governmental organizations, academic institutions and NGO's in October, 2007.
4. Organized a workshop on "Establishing New Protected Areas using Spatial Multi-Criteria Evaluation" for the decision makers at the Ministry of Nature, Environment and Tourism in April, 2009.
5. Organized a training of "Spatial Multi-Criteria Evaluation" using ILWIS software to the students and young researchers of the natural resources management in September, 2009.
Contact person: S. Khudulmur, Director of Information and Computer Center. Institute of Meteorology
Email: email@example.com, tel: 11-326649
Ivenhoe Mines Mongolia Inc. LLC
March 2006 - October 2007
Oyu tolgoi Project"
Monnis Tower, Chingisiin orgon choloo - 15, Ulaanbaatar 14240, Mongolia
1. Implementation of environmental impact assessment report and environmental protection plans at project site.
2. Conducted environmental inspections at project site
3. Communicating with Mongolian governmental organizations with environmental permitting issues and adapts the project activity with Mongolian regulations.
4. Conducting the offsite environmental monitoring surveys and collect data for surrounding the project area.
5. Hygienic monitoring of the drinking water of the project site.
6. Soil temperature monitoring.
Contact person: S. Dorjderem, Environmental Supervisor, "Oyu tolgoi" Project
Wildlife Conservation Society
May 2000 - January 2006
3rd Floor, "Internom" Bookstore, Ulaanbaatar - 211238, Mongolia
1. Assisted Mongolian gazelle research project to study movement pattern and sustainable harvest management
2. Radio and satellite tracking of transmitted Mongolian gazelles to study their home range in Eastern Steppe of Mongolia.
3. Collaborate with Mongolian governmental organizations to help managing the wildlife conservation in the country.
4. Assist to organize the workshops and meetings of the project implementation.
5. Report the project activities regularly throughout the year
6. Conducted one year project on Mongolian gazelle and livestock disease and their relationship funded by WCS, Field Veterinary Program
7. Leading the assistant students during the summer time on conducting field research and data collection.
Contact person: Amanda Fine, Mongolia Program Director, Wildlife Conservation Society
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; tel: 11-323719
Qualifications & Certifications
Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
University of Twente
Tailor made Course
International Institute for Geo
National University of Mongolia
University of Massachusetts
National University of Mongolia
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more