Teacher And Researcher
Teaching philosophy both speculative and applied. Interest in topics of globalization, civil society, governance and international relations. Writing analytical and critical articles and research papers for international conferences.
Senate of Ethiopian Catholic University (ECUSITA)
CONFERENCES ATTENDED AND PAPERS PRESENTED
Editor of the Bulletin Justice, Peace and Environment
2011 to date- Teaching at Institute of Philosophy and Theology Courses: Philosophy of Man, History of Contemporary Philosophy.
-Editor of the Bulletin Justice, Peace and Environment.
OSSREA International Conference
on Three Decades of Public Sector Reform in Africa, in Harare, June 28-30, 2011
September 2010 - June 2011
• "Reconciling the displaced with the disaffected: The dilemma of the Great Lakes region of Africa." Paper presented at an international conference on displacement and reconciliation 9-10 June, 2011, St Paul University, Ottawa.
Associate of University of Zimbabwe
Arrupe College Jesuit School of Philosophy and Humanities
the following courses: Introduction to Philosophy, Political Philosophy, Legal Philosophy, Ethics of Globalization and International Development, African Philosophy, John Rawls The Law of Peoples (to date).
-Secretary for Board of Managers Arrupe College.
Founder and Director Center
African Studies Arrupe College
Weston Jesuit School of Theology
Courses: -Christian Political Thought.
Hekima College Jesuit School of Theology
Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Elective course: -Ethics of International Development and Peace.
Toward a new paradigm, sustainable human development
Global Poverty, Health and Security
From March 2007
: Moral Dilemmas in an Era of Globalization" Paper presented at New England Ethics Colloquium, Yale University, USA, March 30, 2007
• "What Scenarios and perspectives toward a new paradigm in Africa? Lessons Learnt and future perspectives." Paper presented at the international Seminar of the International Catholic Movement for Intellectual and Cultural Affairs - ICMiCA - Pax Romana at Samata Dharma University Yoghakarta, Indonesia, 20-22 July 2009. Theme: Toward a new paradigm, sustainable human development: what perspectives?
• "Towards a Global Political Ethic: A Global South Perspective and a Methodological Proposal." Paper presented at the world conference of catholic Ethicists in Trent, Italy, 23rd to 27th July, 2010.
International Visiting Fellow
Woodstock Theological Center, Georgetown University
St Augustine Institute
Course: Challenges of Globalization for the Church in Africa
13th International Conference
Youth vision 2050 Consultative Meeting by MWENGO in Maputo, Mozambique, as an interlocutor, 1st -3rd September 2003.
Part-time Volunteer Consultant
Trainer, Koinonia Advisory Research And Development Services
(KARDS), an Advisory, Research And Development Services Consultancy Group) Nairobi
official secretary & rapporteur
Conference of Global Economy and Cultures Project
From June 2002
Managing Editor, Hekima Review, Journal of Hekima College Jesuit School of Theology
of Eastern Africa
Member of Editorial Board
Hekima Review, Journal of Hekima Jesuit School of Theology,
Catholic University of Eastern Africa
Part-time Volunteer Consultant
Africa Peace Point
Trainer, The Programme Peace Building And Reconciliation (Focusing on Catholic Social Teaching, Advocacy, Peace building and governance) Africa Peace Point (APP), Nairobi
GEC Project Hekima College Group
In Charge Of Networking
Chiedza, Journal of Arrupe College, University of Zimbabwe, Harare
Part- Time and Volunteer Consultant
Hope Chigudu & Associates (A Social Development Consultancy NGO-- Harare) focusing on Civil Society, Governance and globalization.
Unity, Security And Development In Africa
From March 1999
23rd March 1999
• "NGOs and Constitutional Reform: Lessons from Kenya, Uganda and South Africa, Paper Presented for MWENGO, 21st August, 1999, Harare
Assistant Editor, Chiedza
Journal of Arrupe College
Working On A Project "Global Economy And Cultures" (GEC)
Woodstock Center, Georgetown University
Secretary of Academic and Faculty Boards
Arrupe College, Associate College of University of Zimbabwe, Harare
Lecturer in Economic, Political And Legal Philosophy
Arrupe College, Associate College of University Of Zimbabwe, Harare
-Taught a course on Democracy in Africa
-Taught a course on Philosophy of Liberation
Presenter of a paper on Human rights
New National Constitution of Uganda
What is Democracy" paper presented at a Conference of The National Movement of Catholic Students, 1st - 5th April 1999, Mutare, Zimbabwe
• "D.R.C Peace Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities", 20th April 1999, A.A.P.S Forum, New Ambassador Hotel, Harare
Qualifications & Certifications
St Paul's Seminary
HEKIMA COLLEGE JESUIT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY, CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA
Philosophy and Religious Studies
UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE
URBANIANA UNIVERSITY ROME