- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Training: I coordinate skills audits for farmers from which individual training plans are developed to design a comprehensive annual training plan. I supervise a team that allocates training to three training institutes. For some training, I oversee a process of outsourcing is conducted that involves quality assurance of accredited training providers using a comprehensive comparative schedule on experience. expertise, costing and accreditation. When training is implemented, I draw up and lead monitoring of training and quality assurance of training activities. Training reports are then analysed and used as a basis for post training support.
I also prepare and coordinate work-place skills plan for staff in the directorate and follow up on all their training needs
Finance: I plan annual budgets, monitor monthly sending and annual trends on spending, prepare financial reports and deal with deviations to financial policies
Management: I oversee performance of staff and quarterly as well as annual reviews - awarding performance related incentives where deserved and / or managing poor performance.
Policy: I formulate policies and provincialise national policies to provincial context, see to their implementation, monitoring and evaluation
Chairperson: HR Committee
Fort Cox College Board of Governors
September 2012 - May 2014
Policy development and implementation
Province of the Eastern Cape
June 2011 - June 2013
June 2011 to June 2013 Acting Senior Manager: Agricultural Education & Training
❖ Policy development and implementation
* Areas of legislation:
• Re-skilling and re-orientation of extension officers
• Provisioning of in-service to agricultural science educators
• Career support to new entrants interested to pursue careers in agriculture
• Mentorship and coaching for farming beneficiaries
• Quality assurance to Agricultural Training Institutes, learnership and skills training
• National and international training exchange programmes
• Preparation of Annual Performance Plans, Operational Plans and procurement plans and any other mandated from time to time
❖ Manage, implement and coordinate provincial Training Plan
* Coordination and quality assurance of provincial project beneficiary databases as well as alignment with available resources
* Coordination of assessment and verification of training needs
* Quality assurance, verification of accreditation status and development of appropriate training specifications
* Recommendation on trainer capacitation and development
❖ Responsibility Management: Programme 7 (R91m in 2012/13)
* Co-ordinates oversight function in respect of Programme 7 budget as well as Fort Cox revitalization budget
* Budget planning, utilization and monitoring
* Liaison with National Department on training towards Comprehensive Agricultural Support (CASP) conditional grant funding of R11,4m as well as revitalization budget for Fort Cox
* Monthly reconciliation, analyses and reporting on expenditure
❖ Manage Quality assurance of training
* Liaison with AgriSeta and other relevant Setas as well as Umalusi and HEIs on accreditation, funding and related matters
* Conduct periodic systemic audits of Agricultural Training Institutes
* Conduct stakeholder information sessions
* Facilitate and monitor accredited training programmes for farmers, projects, trainers and education institutions with linkages with the department
November 2005 - October 2008
Office of the DDG-
Institutional Operations Management (IOM)
❖ Provincial Learner Attainment & Improvement Strategy (LAIS) co-ordinator:
* Liaison with National Department on the National Learner Attainment Strategy (NLAS)matters
* Co-ordinates oversight function in respect of Learner Attainment Improvement Strategy (LAIS) budget
* Liaison with other provinces on NSLA matters
❖ Co-ordinator for Programme 2 (core business of the department) management:
* Manages oversight function for In Year Monitoring for Programme 2
* Co-ordinates expenditure reporting by Cluster Offices, District Offices and Chief Directorates whose budgets are directly linked to schools
❖ Managing all the support staff in the office of the DDG: IOM
❖ Peruse and oversee electronic capture and tracking of all correspondence and documentation from external and internal customers including
o Portfolio Committee,
o Office of the Premier (OTP), Member of Executive Council (MEC) and o Superintendent General (SG);
❖ Co-ordinates activities of the Branch: IOM with regard to support to and from clusters and districts;
❖ Co-ordinate programme management for the budget for which DDG is responsible (R14 billion in 2007/08, R17 billion in 2008/09);
❖ Managing the procurement processes and provisioning for the activities of the office of the DDG (ODDG);
❖ Ensures that a commitment register for the ODDG is maintained and updated;
❖ Document and information management over and above Council of Education Ministers (CEM) and Heads of Education Committee (HEDCOM) matters to enable timeous responses and inputs by ECDoE;
❖ Preparation of speaking notes and researching for DDG;
❖ Managing the office and priorities of the DDG
❖ Personal support to the DDG such as managing electronic reminder system, ensuring that he is apprised before meetings and conducts the necessary follow up actions;
❖ Monitoring the turn around time standards in the office of the DDG i.e. in and outflows of correspondence...
Question Paper Provisioning Section
July 2003 - November 2005
Management of preparation of examination question papers for examination cycles for Grade 12, AET and Grade 9; including the following responsibilities:
• Appointment of examiners and moderators, custodian of contract for examination cycles and induction of examining panels
• Liaison with GENFETQA (Umalusi), National Department: Examinations, SAQA, SAUVCA, Universities and Technikons.
• Management of examination question papers from other provinces
• Overall provisioning of provincial examinations for Senior Certificate, AET Level 4 and GET
Preparation of timetables and annual plans for provisioning of examination papers
• Preparation of draft time-tables for Senior Certificate examinations
• Dissemination and distribution of timetables for comments: AET, Senior Certificate and Grade 9 and submit inputs to national office and IPEC
• Manage and interface inter-provincial examination time-tables
Adaptation of question papers for learners with special educational needs
• Receive and co-ordinate requests for adapted examination papers
• Manage adjudication and granting of examination concessions
• Co-ordinate adjustment to marking memoranda
• Co-ordinate script moderation
• Co-ordinate finalization and dissemination of approved marking memoranda
• Serving as AET marking centre manager and SCE supplementary
Resulting process for Senior Certificate and AET
• Preparation of and submission of recommendations by marking panels to inform mark standardization
• Provincial representative in national mark adjustment and promotion processes for Senior Certificate and AET Level 4
• Analyses of results for senior certificate
Budget management for Paper provisioning section
• Management of section budget and general supervision of flow of examination papers within examining panels
• Overseeing logistics for translation, printing, proofreading and adaptation of all exit point examination papers
• Make recommendations for...
First Education Specialist (FES)
July 2002 - September 2003
Provincial Examination Irregularities Co-ordinator
❖ Co-ordination of all projects relating to examination irregularities for
Senior Certificate, AET and Grade 9.
❖ Liaison with Umalusi on Grade 12, AET and Grade 9 exam policy and technical matters pertaining to written reports on the general conduct on examinations at all exit points.
❖ Co-ordination of examination irregularities for all provincial examinations for Grade 9, 12 and AET.
❖ Preparing written reports for submission to the National Department, Umalusi and ensuring that all provincial districts and schools receive relevant reports on examinations and examination irregularities.
❖ Preparing written Powerpoint and facilitating presentation of examination statistics and capacity building information throughout the province.
5.5 Department of Education: Province of the Eastern Cape
Provincial Continuous Assessment
June 2001 - June 2002
(CASS) unit: implementation of CASS in Grade 12 in the province.
❖ Introduction, launch and implementation of Continuous Assessment
(CASS) in the province
❖ Appointment of all District CASS co-ordinators
❖ Held first review of provincial CASS policy of the six national subjects
❖ Serving as Deputy Marking Centre Manager for Exam Irregularities
❖ Leading follow up investigations of the reported examination irregularities
❖ Involvement in Teacher up-grading and Teacher Development initiatives
❖ Participating in Inset policy initiatives
❖ Development of training programmes on agricultural extension for consulting companies and in school youth on agricultural science as well as educators of agricultural science.
6.5 Department of Education: Province of the Eastern Cape
• May 1999 -June 2001
Secondment to Tertiary & Adult Education Directorate, Provincial Head Office
❖ Assisting with human resources and institutional management and co-ordination of Preset and In-service Institutions (including budget preparation, policy and management for these institutions).
❖ Liaison with National Department, Universities, Technikons on policy and curricular issues e.g. implementation of the Higher Education Act in 1999-2000. I represented the directorate in the ELRC during the period of rationalisation of colleges where human resource matters were tabled for the Provincial Bargaining Council. The personnel directorate in conjunction with my sub-directorate implemented recommendations for placements and redeployment.
6.6 Department of Education: Province of the Eastern Cape
budget preparation, policy and general management
Secondment to Tertiary & Adult Education Directorate, Provincial Head Office
September 1997 - June 2001
❖ Assisting with management and co-ordination of preset and in-service institutions - budget preparation, policy and general management)
❖ Liaison with National Department, Higher Education Institutions on policy and curricular issues, in particular the implementation of the Higher Education Act of 1999/2000. Representative of the directorate in the ELRC during disestablishment of Colleges of Education.
6.7 Transkei College of Education: Department of Education (Eastern Cape)
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer
Department of Natural and Biological Sciences
Responsibilities and achievements:
❖ Lecturing in Agric Science and subject methodology
❖ Introduction of formal practical courses to encourage household food production and self-reliance by way of, for example community projects - gardening
❖ Motivational and counseling sessions were also adopted to ensure that youth would be committed to community service
❖ Provisioning and management of college examinations
❖ Liaison with external Higher Education Institutions on accreditation matters
❖ Participation in joint ventures with Trinset and Cicira Colleges for establishment of community gardens and related projects as well as upgrading programmes for practicing educators.
❖ Programme administrator (Coltech) and the overall general co-ordination of accreditation issues for the students
6.8 Department of Agriculture and Forestry - Fort Cox College of Agriculture
Lecturer in Economics
❖ Working closely with NGOs for on-the-job training, mentorship and supervision for intern Extension Officers so that they obtained practical exposure on rural development and specific project management.
❖ Valuable exposure to Secondary Education in the South African Schools context with a specific focus on the motivation of learners in veterinary, agricultural science and nature conservation fields. Two of the three institutions specifically renown for excellence in these fields.
❖ The latter institution afforded me an opportunity to work closely with an NGO in respect of placements and supervision of college interns for practical exposure and rural development work.
❖ Training and evaluation of Agricultural and Nature Conservation extension officers. Mentoring of intern extension officers in neighbouring rural development and NGO projects. Essentially the work involved a lot of work with youth and employees sent for upgrading by ex-government departments
6.9 Department of Education and Training -
Mzoxolo Public High School, Stutterheim
Grades 10 to 12
6.10 Department of Education & Training, Ciskei -
Phandulwazi Agric High School, Alice
SACE - March
Grades 10 -12
7. Affiliation: SACE - March 1999 Membership No. 60842
Establishment of agricultural high school: Arthur Mfebe in Cofimvaba
This school wanted to diversify its curriculum and practise to emulate that of an agricultural high school. They acquired land from the community and needed guidance to start a piggery, broiler production units as well as a viable fresh produce garden that would support the school nutrition program. The project got support from Council for Science and Industrial Research (CSIR), Science, Maths and Technology Ministry and NGOs. After the first year the school was able to produce above expectation and needed to sell the surplus. A market was arranged for the school and the school was invited to be part of a co-operative of the 3 agricultural high schools. Fort Cox, upon consultation, was willing to assist the schools to sell their produce.
Qualifications & Certifications
NQF Level 4 course:
Southern Business School
Thembalabantu High School in Zwelitsha
Education, Biology and Agricultural Science Didactics
Fort Hare University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more