I believe I have the relevant qualifications, knowledge, experience and demonstrable expertise. The above are abilities that I have developed academically and through my professional career achievements to date. I am a graduate of Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Makerere University, and also a holder of ACCA Level I (continuing). I am computer literate with hands on experience in all the Microsoft Office programs and Loan Performer Software provided by Crystal Clear Limited, Bankers Realm Version 3.2, Finacle, Finnso (FinOne Collection), Finger print banking (Bio metric) and Credit reference Bureau capturing (CRB) with capacity to learn more programs.
I am currently working for East African Premier Investments Limited (EAPIL) as a credit Officer, a registered money lending company that majorly offers SMEs to both individuals and business partners. Before, I was employed by The Hunger Project Uganda, a leading Community Development Partner based in New York, as the Credit Officer. I held a full time position to run The Hunger Project’s two Micro Credit components with a vision of creating community owned and managed Rural Banks (SACCOs).
Before joining The Hunger Project I worked with Equity Bank Uganda Ltd since its inception as Uganda Microfinance Union (UMU), a commercial Bank, where I served for 6 years. During that period i filled several positions including Branch Supervisor, Credit Supervisor, Head of Field and Field Officer with various roles and responsibilities such as but not limited to; effectively manage credit operations in order to grow high quality portifolio by training groups and individual customers in their communities in accordance to policies and procedures, ensuring the growth of SME product at branch level, ensuring that snap checks were done for as a tool to monitor staff compliance to policies and procedures, budgeting and financial management, savings mobilization, leadership and team working.
East African Premier Investments Limited (EAPIL)
From February 2013
Period Position Place
01-10-2011 Credit Officer East African Premier Investments Ltd
Duties and responsibilities
• Loan portifolio growth and management
• Weekly and month reports to AG. Managing Director
• Business growth and development.
May 2010 to 30/09/2011 Credit Officer The Hunger Project Uganda (THPU)
Duties and responsibilities
• To assist in the implementation of Microfinance Programs (MFP).
• In collaboration with the Microfinance program officer, mobilize grass root people to take effective action on the ground to succeed in their self reliant efforts, leading to the creation of women owned and managed rural banks.
• Disburses credit to MFP-Women and men groups.
• Monitor groups’ progress in their activities and in the repayment of credit and saving mobilization to ensure 100% recovery.
• Implements and monitors training activities of members of the women and men’s groups, including literacy, health, management and account trainings, village banking as well as empowerment workshops.
• Monitors Microfinance Program Women and Microfinance Program-Men’s loans through appropriate loan tracking system and reports on its progress.
• Assists the women and men groups in loan tracking and recovery by making regular field visits.
• Conducts regular technical assistance to the rural banks before and after inauguration according to the operational manual.
• Collects analyses and interprets data for two credit programs for planning purposes.
• In collaboration with the Finance Officer, ensures the reconciliation of data from loan performer to QuickBooks or any other appropriate reporting system.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Microfinance Program Officer.
Sept-Dec 2009 Branch Supervisor/ Manager Equity Bank Uganda Ltd
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage treasury limit.
• Cross selling of company products and services.
• Co-coordinating staff to head office
• Enroll customers for Credit Reference burea
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom Finance)
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more