Accomplished experience of working in Govt. Sector for over 33 years.
Well adaptive towards corporate culture, behavior & ability to work under pressure and independently.
Expertise in setting strategic focused direction and effective execution to meet corporate objectives.
Expertise in working in fast-paced, high-tech environments requiring skills in scheduling, management and team building.
Strong and diverse technology background providing excellent customer satisfaction & management of workload.Success at motivating staff through clear communication and outstanding organizational skills.
Experience built on the technical strengths gained in telecom, IT, PM and engineering practices during Army and Corporate career.
Highly customer focus with exceptional attention to detail, process, and quality coupled with PM skills and ability to lead cross-discipline technical projects and technical teams.
Working knowledge of the systems development life-cycle.
Ability to demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, project
/ task prioritization and schedule development.
Experience of managing project team through delegation, motivation, team building, and conflict management.
Sound experience of Govt. Sector and Defence Organizations especially with regards to their challenges, current status of automation and procurement processes.
Have worked in fast paced environment of Companies like SunGard Public Sector, UK, Oracle India and SAS Institute in Business Development role in Govt. and Defense Sector.
Principal Consultant - Public Security, Defence & Aerospace
From December 2012
• Representing the company in India as the sole lead for Global Public Security Business Unit
• Role includes Sales Support, BD, capturing Customer pain areas and proposing IT solutions to mitigate these, aligning SIs and acting as a link between SAS India and GPSBU.
• Participating in seminars and demonstration of solution capability.
• Derive strategic business in Govt. Sector.
Director, Business Development - Defense
Oracle India Pvt Ltd
March 2011 - December 2012
• Represent the company in India as the sole lead for Defense Business Development.
• To work xLOBs with in Oracle.
• Understanding of Customers complex requirements and work with xLOB teams for Oracle solution offering.
Head Technical Services and Projects (India)
Public Security Market
October 2006 - March 2011
• Represent the company in India as the sole lead.
• Business Development in Public Security Market.
• Thorough understanding of mission critical Command & Control requirements of modern day Police Force and Public Safety Organizations.
• Interaction with top ranking Police and Ministry of Defense officials to show-case own products.
• Preparation of white papers and response to tenders linked to opportunities in the Public Security market in India.
• Secured two contracts for Public Safety in the Indian Parliament and with AP Police and was instrumental in its logical conclusion.
September 2004 - September 2006
* Overseeing a project with multiple Information Systems based on a National Area Information Infrastructure for the Army.
* Monitoring the development, design, user interface, technology integration and site architecture management.
* Independently managing a set of technology infrastructure / operations teams from concept / definition phase through implementation and life-cycle maintenance.
* Closely monitoring a GIS based project being developed in close coordination with DRDO.
Management Information System Organisation, Indian Army
July 2004 - September 2004
As Director, I was responsible for conceptualization, planning and implementation of an automated system for MIS for the Indian Army and Hospital Management System for Indian Army.
April 2001 - July 2004
• Headed an Army Unit with 25 Officers and over 900 technical personnel.
• Actively involved in planning, provisioning of reliable communications and Value Added
Services both in operational and peace areas.
• Entrusted with the operational fitness of IT related equipment and high mobility vehicles worth over Rs. 300 million.
• Independently provided 24X7 communication and IT services with switched voice and data to over 20000 military personnel.
• Conceptualized and implemented large number of projects to enhance communication and IT
infrastructure including installation of high capacity EPABXs.
• Ensured operational fitness of over 50 microwave radio links, 300 km of cable/OFC routes and over 2000 voice and data channels.
• A key person to provide technical advisory support to the General Officer Commanding in conduct of military operations.
Applauded for providing infallible communications during Operations spread over an area of 250 x 150 Kms in desert sector for almost three years.
(General Manager) and Consultant
April 1999 - April 2000
Instrumental in translating the ten year IT road map for the Indian Army in harmony with the National IT Action Plan 2008.
Independently prepared long term communication philosophy for operations in deserts.
A key person to select technologies for military RF, Mobile telephony, Communication and Crypto security of technologies under different operational conditions.
Adviser to 2 Star General on Operational, Communication and IT matters
Colonel Nutan Prabhat (Retd)
Military College of Telecom Engineering
November 1997 - March 1999
Head of Dept and Professor of Electronic Warfare Nov 1997 - Mar 1999
• Independently formulated training strategy and imparted training to officers of Indian Army on trends and technologies involved in Information and Electronic Warfare.
• Single-handedly Implemented LAN based automated lab for conduct of training on Electronic
• Developed numerous technical and engineering studies to support the strategic direction for
MCTE's service provisioning and operations.
A Telecom Unit
June 1995 - November 1997
• Independently managed planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of voice and data communication networks involving use of satellite, radio, microwave, OFC and UG
• Led a group of over a hundred technical personnel to install, operate and maintain EPABXs and ADPCM multiplex equipment.
System Manager and Associate Professor
Military College of Telecom Engineering
January 1992 - June 1994
• Independently planned infrastructure and installed over two hundred terminals spread over entire campus.
• Ensured 24x7 service.
• Conducted classes on programming in Pascal and C, OS, Computer Technology, Operations
Research & System Analysis and Design for Engineer graduate and under graduate
Various Units of Indian Army
June 1981 - January 1992
Role involved providing Communication and IT support to different Army Unite in different parts of the Country.
TETRA Based resource tracking Solution
The AP Police wanted to track the movement of all response vehicles using TETRA on a Geo map. The solution is being used by them to enhance Public Security.
TETRA Based resource tracking Solution
The Indian Parliament wanted to track the VVIP movements using Tetra devices on a Geo map. The project was successfully implemented and being used.
Automation of Tactical C3I
At Project Manager (Systems), I played a key role in implementing Command Information DSS for the Indian Army (Phase 1), The project involved rigorous interaction with DRDO, Bharat Electronics Ltd, various vendors, design engineers and end users. The project went live during my tenure.
Automation of MIS for Indian army
As Director at MISO, I was entrusted with formulating the requirements, study existing systems, draft RFP, evaluate and award the contract and follow up to ensure its implementation. The project has gone live.
Qualifications & Certifications
Military College of Telecommunications Engg
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more