Claim you profile
Modus Advanced Dental Care
February 2011 - February 2011
Involved mostly restorative work and endo work. Part time was perio and implant work.
June 2010 - June 2010
Temp nurse for one week, chair side duties, care of the patients, mixing materials, sterilisation of instruments. With the oral surgeon procedures of Implants, surgical removal of impacted teeth, bone grafting, perio work.
ADP Earlsdon Avenue North
December 2009 - December 2009
Temp nurse for three days. Chair side duties, care of patients, mixing materials, stocking up the surgery and recording patients records.
Shergill Dental Practice
May 2003 - September 2008
Worked with all seven dentists. This would involve mainly restorative and cosmetic work.
• Computer work, Chair side nursing, aspirating, mixing materials, cross-infection protocol within the surgery.
• Patients records, developing of OPG's and periapical x-rays.
• Work at our other practices to cover chair side duties which was the hygienist.
• Sedation duties were chair side care of patient, pre op and post op. Assisting canulation, monitor the patient and monitor the pulse oximeter. Accurate records of patient notes on computer. Assist with recovery.
• Advising patients about their treatment, stocktaking and filing of patient's records.
Boots Dental care
February 2002 - December 2002
• Rota basis for three dentists and two hygienists. I worked for the senior dentist, involved cosmetic, restorative and tooth whitening. Chair side duties in the surgery and cross-infection protocol of Boots.
• Reception duties were greeting the patients as they came to the surgery. I answered the telephone, dealt with patient's questions about treatment they required. Stocktaking and filing patient's records.
January 2002 - February 2002
I worked for an agent and I worked in Leamington two days a week for two hygienists.
May 1999 - March 2001
DA1 nurse Perio consultant Dr Gareth Griffiths.
• Diagnostic, new patient clinic:
Referred from their own dentist for periodontal problems. They were assessed x-rays taken to see what further treatment is required.
• The Early Onset Perio clinic (EOP):
Rapid progressive periodontal disease. Blood samples to detect blood disorders also gingival crevical fluids from the areas that are worst effected in the gums. The levels are checked by a periotron.
• The Treatment Session Clinic:
Dr Griffiths own patients for procedures such as root planning, reviews on past treatment, perio charting by using the computer by probing with the Florida Probe.
Post Graduate centre duties with the students and the specialist registrars. Roots planning, oral health advice, perio charting, patient's further treatment.
Surgical procedures: free gingival graft, bone grafting, gingivectomies, flap surgery, crown lengthening and root amputation. Materials as HTR polymer, bioglass and gortex membrane for bone regeneration and tissue growth.
April 1994 - April 1999
• Procedures of conservation and cosmetic work. Being the Oral Health Educator I would take advice sessions with the patients.
• Dr Ravi Ram, the oral surgeon, procedures once a month of surgical work of removal of impacted teeth, apicectomies and cysts. Being the qualified senior nurse of the practice I was assigned to work with him.
• Reception work meeting patients, booking appointments, answering the telephone dealing with patients over the phone and answering any questions they had about their treatment, and dealing accounts.
• Qualified First Aider in charge of the maintenance of the drug records of the practice, responsible for the training and welfare of new nurses. Taking of OPG's.
Various Agency Contracts
May 1993 - April 1994
wider range of surgical work Gingivectomies, HTR Polymer for bone regeneration and Gortex for tissue.
• Reception duties booking patients, answering the telephone dealing with patients and their questions, filing, payments. Taking OPG's.
Dental Staff Agency
April 1988 - May 1993
Dr Paul Frost
• Implants using the ITI Bone fit system were performed on a wide scale.
• Sedation work was carried out using Valium or Medazolam.
• General Anaesthetics procedures once a month until 1991.
Qualifications & Certifications
English and Maths
Binley Park School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more