General Manager in Apparel & Fashion.
I am skilled in fashion and apparel sourcing business having more than 18 years working experiences with several multinational companies. Currently working as General Manager in a Spanish apparel importer.
I am uniformly skilled in administration, budgeting, merchandising, marketing, production management, sourcing, quality control, product development, management as well as to manage a hub office for any sourcing company.
Comercial Losan SL
April 2010 - February 2013
I am working as the General Manager for this Spanish company's Bangladesh Liaison office. Operational management, sourcing, buying, logistics & overall the business follow up are the major part of my responsibilities.
The company is one of the leading importer in Spain selling its own brands as well as for the other Spanish brands worldwide.
Manager, Merchandising & Sourcing.
IC COMPANYS A/S
March 2007 - March 2010
I have been working for this company for its Bangladesh Liaison Office as the Divisional Manager, Merchandising & Sourcing. The company is renowned as fashion icon in the Scandinavian region having sourcing offices around the world. Selling own brands Jackpot, In Wear, Matinique, Part Two, COTTONFIELD, Saint Tropez, Remix Collection and Tiger of Sweden at its own outlets
• Responsible for office management, administration, budgeting.
• In charge of sourcing, merchandising, Quality control.
• Policy making and implementation in order to improve the system.
• Liaison with buyers & designers, attending buying trips to ensure the final buy.
• Sourcing vendors, trim suppliers and negotiation.
• Monitoring the TNA plan and ensure the deliveries.
• Ensuring the quality product by sourcing a better supplier in competitive price.
Pioneer Sweaters Limited.
January 2004 - February 2007
I was serving as the “Executive Director” in Pioneer Sweaters Limited, one of the leading business conglomerates in Bangladesh having a yearly group turnover of USD 175 million. That was an ISO 9001:2008 certified company that has complied all COC requirements of American and European buyers.
• Being the Head of Operations, marketing, overall production & delivery planning, buyer dealings and cost analysis, etc. are the major part of my job responsibilities.
• Handled world renowned buyer such as H&M, C&A, Casino, El Corte Ingles, ZARA, PRIMARK. Peek & Cloppenburg, MATALAN, GEORGE etc..
• Responsible for all operation related activities- administration, Finance, Human Resources, compliances, production, delivery planning and monitoring, local administration etc.
• In charge of marketing, procurement, sourcing, order negotiation and confirmation.
• Buyer dealings, attending local & overseas buying meetings and cost analysis.
January 2000 - December 2003
I have been working for this company as the “Production Manager" in CARREFOUR Global Sourcing Bangladesh Pakistan liaison Office. Group Carrefour is the 2nd largest retail chain in the world and the largest in Europe.
• Heading sourcing & production department of Bangladesh sourcing office includes day to day production, development & shipment follow-up.
• New supplier sourcing, supervising technical and social audits & nominating suppliers.
• Co-ordination with the suppliers and the merchandising dept. regarding order execution.
• Reviewing the control reports done by the inspection companies and approving the shipments.
• Correspondence with the buyers & technical department in Hong Kong, Spain, Belgium, Mexico & France.
• Weekly reporting on the production and shipment to the regional trading office in Hong Kong.
Qualifications & Certifications
Victoria University USA