- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Twenty four years of international experience in establishing and managing chain restaurants in Middle East & North Africa, with a history of companies’ turnaround, backed with solidified managerial skills, sharp leadership model, excellent marketing experience & strong financial background
General Manager & Consultant
The Square Company
May 2009 - June 2013
Establish & supervise the re launch & the expansion plan of the Papa John's brand in KSA;
- In charge of establishing & opening of Papa John's concepts In Lebanon;
- In charge of 22 Papa John's Pizza outlets, employing 350 staff members;
- In charge of Abdel Wahab Lebanese restaurant, employing 50 staff members;
- Create a sales strategy which leads to a sales increase of 25%;
- Restructure the operation systems leading to 15% increment in profit;
- Provide guidance, coaching and leadership to the management team;
- Establish, develop and implementation of the main Strategies and creating the yearly budget;
- Create, manage, ensure and review the execution of operational systems and day-to-day procedures throughout restaurants & all supporting departments;
- Establish & monitor major KPI's guidelines, responsibilities, goals and achievements for the management & operation staff, and conduct regular appraisals;
- Maintain high customer awareness and review customer's feedback on a daily basis as well as responding to customer's comments;
- Maintain a keen knowledge of major competitor's activities and effect suitable adjustments on the Company's offerings, if needed;
- Identified opportunities in the local market & provide suitable recommendations;
- Maintain & promotes the brand image and Corporate Citizenship.
Al Wareed & Aum Alremah Trading Company
March 2006 - April 2009
Created a new Arabic ethnic food concept and established two restaurants in Jordan;
- In charge of restaurants location selection, supervise construction and supply equipments & furniture;
- Developed & executed the implement of operations policies related to operation and development;
- Maintain company & restaurants assets in favorable operating conditions;
- Importing & Exporting commodities to Jordan, Syria & Iraq.
Atyab Gulf Catering
December 2004 - November 2005
In charge of 9 Domino's Pizza restaurants, 15 La-baguette Bakery outlets & 4 Fresh Juice outlets, in Kuwait;
- Managing of all supporting departments;
- Managed the revival process for the La-baguette & Domino's brands in the Kuwaiti market;
- Managed the company's Retail Sales Division;
- Developed the Call Center & related systems;
- Developed & executed the annual business and Marketing strategy;
- Managed 350 staff members working in all sections of the business;
- Developed & supervised the implementation of HSE standards and its enforcement;
- Increased annual sales by 30%.
Mawarid Food Company
July 2001 - November 2004
Operated 32 Pizza Hut restaurants in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, employing 500 staff members;
- Managed annual sales of USD 20 million;
- Increased annual sales by 8% and unit contribution by 10%;
- Achieved World Class CHAMPS award in 2003 & The Best of 2004.
Gulf Concept Manager
December 1997 - July 2001
Managed Wendy's concept in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait & UAE;
- Created and monitored the Annual Business Development and Marketing plan;
- Increased annual sales by 20% and reduced controllable cost by 15%.
Pizza Hut Restaurants
November 1995 - December 1997
Managed multiple Pizza Hut outlets & set the expansion plan of the brand;
- Introduced and supervised the local recruitment process and managed the training programs;
- Increased annual sales by 20% & reduced manpower turnover by 35%;
- Localized 95% of Pizza Hut inputs from the local Tunisian market.
Food Division Manager
Mawarid Trading Oman
May 1993 - November 1995
Established the Food Division and supporting departments;
- Managed the Procurement Department and supervised the financial aspects of the concept;
- Opened several Wendy's restaurants and Popeye's Chicken restaurant;
- Managed / Supervised United Arab Emirates food division (Wendy's & Texas Fried Chicken).
September 1989 - June 1992
Prepared and conducted the required initial training programs;
- Opened the first five Wendy's restaurants in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Received the Wendy's International Sparkle Program prizes for two years.
Qualifications & Certifications
Global Dine in Academy
Business Administration & Economics
University of Jordan
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more