MDR TB NURSE INITIATOR
Clinical Nurse Practitioner
John Hopkins University School of Nursing & Medical Research Council
November 2010 - May 2012
I was doing a pilot study on doctor and Nurse task sharing of initiating patients on MDR-TB. this study wanted to compare patients managed by the doctor and patients managed by nurse and I have initiated about 200 patients. this study that was presented in the June TB Conference and some Articles were published based. on this study.
Permanent Casual (NIMART /HIV & AIDS)
January 2010 - October 2010
Was managing about 700 patients on ART.(initiating ART, monitoring adverse drug reaction for those patients, promoting adherence, Fast tracking the ones with low CD4 count and co infected. also giving INH prophylaxis for those who qualify, take relevant bloods when its due time.
Technical Adviser HIV/AIDS/ & STI & TB
Dept. of Health (Ugu District Office)
April 2007 - July 2011
(HAST) Training Co-ordinator
Period: April 2007 to July 2011
Netcare Margate Hospital
this was a partime Job but worked in all the departments especially Casualty and Medical ward.
Operational Manager NIMMDR TB in SA
Ugu Health District Office
From May 1997
I first worked as a district HIV/AIDS TRAINER and I did my Primary health Care in UKZN after qualifing then i became Training Coordinator for Primary Health also including surrounding Hospitals
Community Based Management of MDR-TB
Duration: 02 June 2014 to Date
Unit Manager (Casualty Department)
Previous Employer: Dept. of Health (Murchison Hospital)
Period: 8 years
Enrolled Nurse Assistant
Previous Employer: Dept of Health (Madwaleni Hospital)
Period: 6 years
JOB OUTPUTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• I have worked as a Chief Professional Nurse as from 2001 and have been involved in HIV/AIDS, TB and STI related issues.
• I have worked with the non-governmental organization voluntary for part-time and as a Trainer, doing in-service training within the hospital and related clinics.
• I was also involved in Lay Counsellors training as well as monitoring and evaluation of these programmes and compiling reports, for Sakhisizwe non-governmental organization.
• Involved in establishing, maintaining and sustaining support groups for people living with HIV and those affected of HIV, mostly establishment of support groups for negative people striving towards AIDS free generation
• Involved in TB Hlola manje campaign programme where community Health Care Workers do door to door campaign on sputum collection
• Initiated the memory box project, birth certificate, and I.D. book project in Kwa-Nzimakhwe Location in partnership with Dept of Home Affairs for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children and poverty alleviation through grants and income generating projects and also to preserve their sense of identity and belonging
• Worked in the private sector par time in different wards for example casualty, medical, surgical paediatric and maternity
• I also worked in Flagship programme with some cadres doing door to door campaign on profiling households.
• I was working as a Unit Manager in Casualty.
Ugu Health District Office
• I am the mdr-tb nurse initiation program director for ugu district
• As a program director, I have an mdr-tb case load of over 200 clients who I initiate and manage their mdr-tb treatment
• I have provided clinical mentoring to both nurses and doctors on mdr-tb initiate and manage their mdr-tb treatment
• I have provided clinical mentoring to both nurses and doctors on MDr-tb initiation including support treatment...
Qualifications & Certifications
education and administration
dispensing and licensing
University of Limpompo
University of KWAZULU
Huku Senior Secondary School in Mount frere
Care and Management of Persons
Baltimore School of Nursing in US
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more