21 years of experience in Accounts & Finance out of which 18 years in Manufacturing and 3 years in Service Industry . Hands on experience in strategising for acheiving financial goals of Business setup.
Head -Finance & Accounts
From April 2011
* Cash Flow Management, Accounts Administration & Taxation,
* Statutory Audit, Drafting Policies for Process and Internal Control.
* Vetting agreements and contracts with Clients, Financial Analysis of various contracts.
* Monitoring Collections and monthly outstanding, reviewing risks and compliance of escalation matrix.
* Banking and implementing various systems for quick payment and collection.
* Branch profitability and margins for different business segments
* Supervision for opening, closing and monitoring of bank accounts
* Monitoring of daily fund position and decision making on best utilization of funds
* Timely and adequate arrangements of long term and short term finance from Banks
* Preparation of business plans
Key Achievements: Head - Finance & Accounts
* Implemented Pay through system and mitigated financial risks
* Improved Collections and Daily outstanding and secured best credit ratings 1A from CRISIL.
Head -Finance & Accounts
JYOTI PLASTICS WORKS PVT LTD
June 2010 - November 2010
* Receivable and Inventory Management, Cash Flow Management, Accounts Administration, Monthly Profit & Loss Account, Budgeting, Taxation, Internal Audit, Statutory Audit, Compliance of Process for Internal Control and SAP Implementation.
Assistant General Manager
Finance & Accounts
January 2008 - May 2010
* Monitor Daily sales outstanding, review aged receivables, organise meetings with sales, production and technical service departments for old outstanding, review credit policies, initiate collection procedure for overdue payments, evaluate customer ratings, establish stop transactions for bad customers, review of agency agreements and discount policies , approving commission payments and despatches.
* Monitor Advances before commencement of production and effecting cash flow for concerned job cost centers.
* Preparing and maintaining statutory books of accounts and financial statements as per Indian GAAP and IFRS.
* Presenting the periodical financial statements along with various analysis reports to the corporate wing.
* Providing training to the accounting staff on all accounting aspects and guiding them to proper accounting.
* Inventory Analysis for removing fund block in slow moving and non-moving inventory.
* Supervising and monitoring accounts payable and general ledgers.
* Liaising with banks for raining fund-based financial assistance and maintaining reports.
* Preparing annual/ half yearly/ quarterly budgets. Evaluating annual/ half yearly / quarterly operating results, analyzing budgetary variance and taking remedial actions.
* Carrying out cost benefit analysis of each activity in business processes. Identifying key and critical processes to operate at optimum cost.
* Monitoring actual costing MIS reports with estimations. Handling all direct/ indirect taxation matters. Ensuring compliance with VAT, CST, Provident Fund, Professional Tax, ESIC, TDS, Central Excise & Income Tax guidelines.
* Conducting Income tax audits to ensure that proper tax has been paid according to the Income Tax rules, Handling ROC work related to annual return filing.
* Evaluating internal control systems/ procedures, preparing audit reports with a view to highlight the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations.
* Coordinating with Statutory &...
April 2007 - December 2008
* Completed Accounts and Taxation management functions with a team of 14.
* Involved in Finalization of annual/ half yearly/ quarterly/ monthly accounts for reporting to Head Office in Bologna (Italy).
* Monitored Sales Tax assessment & finalized with authorities of two financial years in a span of six months, and thus secured refund of Rs. 6.5 Millions for FY 2003-04 & FY 2004-05.
* Monitored Income Tax assessment & appeals before Dy. Commissioner & Commissioner of Income Tax and Transfer pricing assessment before Transfer Pricing Officer.
* Actively involved in Income Tax, transfer pricing and VAT audits, Budgeting, forecasting and revised forecasting, Inventory and Receivable Management in line with internal guidelines
* Holds credentials in formulating the policy for: Control in Travelling, Warranty and Overtime expenses and Ensured timely booking of material purchases along with invoices.
* Credited with the development of financial reports for forecasting data analysis, reported in the financial system.
* Automated the cheque requisition system and thereby increased productivity levels by 60%
January 2007 - March 2007
* Pivotal in the development of costing systems and related MIS for controlling activities.
* Successfully monitored: Sales Tax assessment & finalization with the authorities, which resulted in the company getting refund of Rs. 1.96 Million for FY 2002-2003 and Annual reporting package for enabling group reporting to the Head Office in Bologna (Italy).
* Maintained close coordination with Statutory Auditors & Finance In-charge (Italy Head Office).
January 2004 - December 2006
* Played a major role in conducting Due Diligence at the time of buying of balance 41% of shares by Ima Spa. Independently completed the audits conducted by the team of 7 Senior Auditors of Price Water House from different faculties belonging to Direct Taxation, Indirect Taxation, Inventory, Regulatory Compliance, Accounts & Audit, Banking & Finance.
* Pivotal in the development of: Valuation system for Work-in Progress Inventory, with complete correctness of the same.
* Developed MIS reports for preparing cost estimates of materials for placing machine orders.
* Monitored data correctness and accuracy at the time of migration of systems from FoxPro to in house developed ERP using Visual Basic as Frontline & SQL version for Database
* Actively engaged in conducting ERP System Audit for system & process assurance.
* Successfully handled Related Party transaction Audit that was conducted by Ima Spa before the takeover to understand the transactions between sister companies.
* Holds merit for closely monitoring: Sales Tax assessment & finalisation with authorities that resulted in refund of Rs. 1.76 Million for FY 2001-02, Preventive, CERA and Excise Audits, as well as Tax, Transfer Pricing and VAT Audits.
* Responsible for Finalization of annual/ half yearly/ quarterly/ monthly Accounts for reporting to HO in Bologna (Italy).
* Handled Income Tax Assessment & Appeals before Dy. Commissioner & Commissioner of Income Tax; and transfer pricing assessment before Transfer Pricing Officer.
January 2000 - December 2003
* Played a major role in the finalization of: Sales Tax Assessment before Asst. Commissioner of Sales Tax, which won the organization a refund of Rs. 4.05 Millions for FY 2000-01, FY 1999-2000, FY 1998-1999, FY 1997-1998 and FY 1996-1997.
* Completed Cess Assessment with local municipal authorities for FY 1999-2000, 1998-1999 and 1997-98.
* Handled Profession Tax assessment, ESIC inspection, and Labour Welfare Inspection.
* Efficiently handled appeal of a sister concern under same group company for FY 1995-96 as Sales Tax Consultant.
* Credited with the development of Reporting Systems for Transfer Pricing Audits.
January 1998 - December 1999
Instrumental in the finalization of: Sales Tax Assessment before Asst. Commissioner of Sales Tax, thereby winning refund of Rs 1.7 Millions for the financial years 1995-1996 and 1994-1995 and Sales Tax Appeal for FY 1991-92 before Dy. Commissioner of Sales Tax and won refund of Rs. 5 Lakhs.
Sr. Accounts Assistant
January 1996 - December 1997
Nov'92 to Jan'96
* Made vital contributions towards the finalization of Sales Tax:
* Assessment before Asst. Commissioner (Sales Tax) that resulted in refund of Rs. 8 Lakhs for FY 1993-1994
* Appeal for FY 1992-1993 before Dy. Commissioner of Sales Tax, resulting in refund of Rs. 6.5 Lakhs.
Precision Gears Ltd
November 1992 - May 2010
Qualifications & Certifications
Prin. L. N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
Southern New Hampshire University
Indian Institute of Management