- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Dedicated reporter with a nose for news and a passion for human rights investigative journalism.
Investigative reporter on human rights issues
The Cairo Post
From October 2013
Translator at Foreign Affairs department
February 2013 - October 2013
Editor & Voice over actor
Radio Masr Online
September 2013 - December 2013
October 2012 - September 2013
Reporter & Translator
July 2011 - December 2011
Currently working at The Cairo Post (Re-launched English news website of Youm7). Focus on covering human rights and press freedom issues.
- Developed effective working relationships with new sources to encourage feedback and communication.
- Provided investigative coverage of different topics including; women debtors and status of press freedom in Egypt as well as in-depth coverage of other sensitive issues like: Minor's detention over political reasons, Random arrests, laborers' rights, enforced disappearance and ongoing torture in police custody.
- Experienced writing about demonstrations, trials, elections post January 25 Revolution and contacting NGOs and monitoring groups. Familiar with writing to foreign readers.
- Experienced writing about foreign affairs and catastrophes rocking all over world at Dostour, like: Boston bombings, U.S embassies in Arab Spring countries, Iran & N.Korea nuclear weapon.
- Experienced writing for the radio and being on the top of news while on air. Got the chance to participate in MCE Watch index as evaluating news credibility and values.
Qualifications & Certifications
Misr University for science and technology
Manor House School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more