I have completed a B.A Environmental Planning and Development studies degree completed 2011 from the University of Zululand and I'm currently doing Honors in Environmental Management part-time with the University of South Africa. I have completed my Environmental Management Internship with KwaDukuza Municipality and also have volunteered in an NGO - South Durban Community Environmental Alliance. I have also worked with Nzingwe Environmental Consultants as consultant duties included EAP and ECO work.
The limited time of my experience has exposed me to Environmental management, related environmental legislation, applying environmental policies and guidelines to proposed physical development, assessing environmental management plans. Conducted proactive sector compliance inspection and monitoring whilst auditing all environmental permits. I'm able to review, assess and interpret report documents and specialist studies submitted in terms of EIA process. im able to construct EIA's, EMPs and BIDs reports and conduct environmental audit to construction projects and produce good readable reports.
I am a self-driven and enthusiastic individual with good leadership and team building skills. I am flexible, adaptable and am very eager to learn and find a challenging position to meet my competencies, capabilities, skills, education and experience. I am seeking for this position to utilize my qualifications and abilities
Environmental Consultant Learner
February 2014 - May 2014
• Conducted Environmental Impact Assessment (EIAs) according to the new EIA regulation
• Plan, co-ordinate and facilitate Public participation Process
• Liaison with Clients in both private and public sectors
• Develop and implement Environmental Management Plans
• Understanding of construction related environmental impacts and mitigation measures
• Conduct environmental monitoring and site inspections and audits and produced thorough, readable and informative ECO reports.
• Attended meeting with clients and wrote minutes and facilitate weekly office meetings and compiled minutes
• Ensure compliance with applicable environmental legislation.
• Manage and coordinate solid, liquid and hazardous waste storage and disposal in terms of pollution control, waste management and recycling.
• Monitor water, waste and energy usage.
• Ensure that emergency response plans are in place.
• Maintain a hazardous materials database and associated Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Ensure that environmental incidents and non-conformances are properly reported, recorded and investigated.
• Conduct and coordinate response to environmental incidents.
Liaise with on-site personnel.
• Liaise with client representatives.
Environmental Management Intern
February 2013 - February 2014
• Provided comments and reviewed documents and specialist studies submitted in terms of the
• Undertaken inspection on water pollution and wastage at residential, commercial and industrial
premises. (Waste Management Act (59 of 2008).
• Provide comments on rezoning application.
• Rendering reactive Compliance Monitoring and Conduct Compliance Enforcement operations such as spontaneously attending to illegal environmental activities and breach of conditions of environmental authorisation where they have been identified while assist in undertaking site
inspections to collect evidence, gather and analyse information and assist with the preparation of compliance notices.
• Attend citizen complains on water pollution and wastage.
• Attend KwaDukuza Environmental Working Group and Lower uMvoti Catchment Forum.
• Liaison with government departments and stakeholders.
• Conduct presentations on workshops and education and awareness and capacity building
programs with schools and communities of KwaDukuza Municipality.
• Assisted in managing budget for education and awareness programs and project.
• Assist in coordinating workshops for climate change, recycling, environmental sustainability etc.
• Attended workshops and izimbizo for the scenario planning for the development of the 2030
low emission development of KwaDukuza which was coordinated by the Novation 2050.
• Assisted in compiling Integrated Development Plan (IDP) for Environmental Management
Section and Umvoti Estuary Management Plan terms of reference.
• Worked with ICLEI AFRICA on the KwaDukuza Urban Low Emission Development project:
conducted baseline survey and vulnerability study for the climate change mitigation in collaboration with ICLEI AFRICA.
• Assisted in developing a Green House Gas (GHG) Inventory.
Assistant Environmental Officer Volunteer
South Durban Community Environmental Alliance- (SDCEA)
March 2012 - December 2012
Year: March 2012- December 2012
• Provide comments on EIA and Environmental Management Plans
• Assisted in enforcement of environmental legislations to industries and local businesses within the South Durban basin.
• Assist in report writing, pamphlet and templates generation.
• Assist in organize and mobilize meetings.
• Promote and facilitate integrated waste management through cleanup campaigns
• Give talks in schools or to community groups on environmental issues
• Attend public participation meetings with interested and affected parties for projects undergoing
Public Relation Officer (PRO) - Geography Society
University of Zululand
• I was a student representative liaising with the chairperson with regards to student issues between student and lectures.
kwaDuku cementry expansion
The expansion of KwaDukuza Municipality expansion was an environmental consultant for that project. I constructed the basic assessment report and also an environmental management plan, i ensured that the contractor was complying with the requirements of the Environmental management plan.
Qualifications & Certifications
Environmental Planning and Development
University of Zululand
English, Mathematics, Geography, Biology, and Accounting
Hillgrove Secondary School