Senior Operations Manager
I have quite a diverse background with many years of proven experience in Call Center Management, as a Senior Operations Manager and working with BPO and Outsourcing projects with several U.S. major companies within the Financial Services and Business Industry.
I am an ex U.S. Army Veteran , Filipino American born in San Francisco. I was formerly a Vice President with Wells Fargo Bank and Bank of America where I managed the Retirement Products Service Center before I decided to come to the Philippines to learn about my culture.
If given the opportunity I would be a great benefit to any organization I was part of. I am not a good team player, but a great one, an innovator who continues to learn and expand the wealth of knowledge not only to myself, but both to my superiors and subordinates alike.
Anyway, if you can use a great addition to your organization, I would be very interested in working with your company in a capacity where you can best use my skills and experience to it’s fullest.
Norman D. Ubungen
Business Consultant - Managing Director
LifeMed Clinics and GB Diagnostics, Inc
January 2005 - July 2013
• Over-all management responsibility consisting of 17 healthcare professionals.
• Directed the development of the current Clinical & Drug Testing Business including IT requirements, workflow process and the day to day operational procedures.
• Responsible for the development of the administrative infrastructure to include all accounting requirements, payroll and the development of the Corporate Human Resources Manual.
• Expanded the sales activities and increased customer sales volume by 300%.
• Performed Consulting Services to several Call Centers in the establishment of a Medical Transcription business in the Philippines.
Business Consultant - Northern California Call Centers & Financial Institutions
Ubungen & Associates
January 2002 - December 2004
• Project Management Consultant working with several major financial institutions, managing a variety of System and Operational projects.
• Coordinated and conducted statewide IRA training for several financial institutions.
• Evaluated and recommended system enhancements related to IRS requirements in conjunction with tax reporting, distributions and customer reporting.
• Project analysis, process reengineering and implementing proposed cost cutting solutions.
VP and Manager, National Retirement Products Call Center
Bank of America
January 1992 - January 2002
• Established and managed a national Call Center which included customer service, system development and project management related to the bank's Retirement Products and 401k business.
• Responsible for managing an annual budget of approximately $10M and a Staff of 125.
• Represented retirement product business in senior policy committees such as the interstate banking and national marketing councils.
• Directed major centralization project that unified California and Interstate bank customer service and operations functions.
• Guided development of Bank of America's Self-Directed Brokerage Program.
• Provided for future growth through maintaining & improving computer technology.
VP and Manager, Retirement Plans Call Center
January 1987 - December 1990
• Recruited by I.E.R., a rapidly growing computer services company, to establish and manage their Limited Partnership program (in collaboration with First Interstate Bank).
• Directed customer service and reporting functions for clients within the FIB IRA program.
• Served as liaison to other financial institutions regarding IRA record keeping operations, including assessment, analysis, computer systems planning and implementation, operation policies/procedures, and staff training.
VP and District Manager, Business Trust & Investments Call Center
Wells Fargo Bank
January 1970 - January 1987
• Managed seven departments within the Retirement Products and Investments Service Center, and later six departments within Business Trust Operations.
• Used effective leadership and operations background to increase Trust Sales by 50%.
• Acted as key facilitator of major centralization project, consolidating all Business
Trust Operations into the Northern California Operations Center.
• Spearheaded the development of the Retirement Processing Center, including design of data processing program development.
• Managed customer service functions for the bank's IRA, Keogh and SEP programs.
• Guided development of bank's IRA processing system. This multi-million dollar project brought us the #1 system in the industry and proved to be the key to our success.
Qualifications & Certifications
San Francisco State University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more