- After matriculating at Voortrekker High school in Piermaritzburg and completing my military training in 1968, I was the buyer for various organisations, mainly in the chemical and engineering sectors.
- I joined Sasol in 1973 where I stayed until 1983. I was a chief buyer and handled the chemical imports for the group.
- I joined Robertsons (spices and insecticides) in 1984 where I was the purchasing manager.
- In 1988 I went into my own business where I traded in chemicals and also owned a cement brick factory.
- During 1990 I formed South African Pyrethrum Company. We purchased an essential oil factory in Rustenburg where we specialised in the solvent extraction and steam distillation of essential oils. This business was later sold to an overseas company.
- In 1995 I formed International Chemical Producers CC with a partner and we built a solvent (hexane and methanol) refinery for the refining of crude Pyrethrum. This refinery was built from the beginning to the end by myself and my partner.
We closed the factory in 2005 to pursue other activities.
- At the end of 2009 I was part of a team which purchased a Paprika processing factory in the Northern Cape.
I have a strong interest in chemical processing plants and have a good understanding of :
- Product flows
- Basic electrics
- Safety requirements associated with pressure vessels, moving machinery and hazardous liquids.
- Basic laboratory procedures
- I am computer literate and make constant use of Excel, Word, Internet and e-mails.
I regard myself as a businessman who understands and enjoys good business practices in terms of financials, sales, procurement and good people skills.
- I am a qualified offshore charter Skipper with a night rating for vessels under 50mt. I owned various sportfisher boats, with the last one a 42ft (20mt) Bill Edwards sport fisher. Between 2005 and 2009 I specialised in catching Yellowfin Tuna 40 miles off Cape Point.
Looking for business opportunity
Qualifications & Certifications
B.Com - Economics