Fiber Optics Technician
Splicing both ends of the optical fiber to their designated pathways (to the source or to the home).
Qatar Telecom (QTEL), Doha City
From March 2013
Fiber Optics Splicer (installation and migration) March 2013 to Present
Full time role ensuring the connection of optical fiber joints and continuity of light signal inside.
• B2H: Joints in manhole (capsule-type closure), ODF, 22U, FAT, sub-FAT
• OSP: Splitter in manhole (capsule-type closure).
• ISP: Inside the ONT cabinet.
• Color coding (blue, orange, green, brown, gray, white, red, black, yellow, violet, pink, and aqua blue, riser cables' color coding: from ports 1-12 is the standard color coding, then from ports 13-24 is black-blue, black-orange, black-green, and so on and so forth, except for black that has white stripes, from ONT the number starts from 0, from sub-FAT, FAT, or splitter starts from 1) of optical fibers. Quick preparation of optical fibers (riser (24F), feeder(12F), drop/indoor(2F), overhead(2F), and underground(2F) cables).
• Standardized splicing using of an arc fusion splicer (Inno Arc Fusion Splicer).
• Assure the power of light signal using Optokon power meter (standard joint to splitter power: -9 dBm, standard splitter to ONT power: -14 dBm).
• Problem solving, troubleshooting (by using laser light source) and maintenance in pressures.
Installation of ONT inside the home and internet connection migration.
• Surveying the house to locate the right coordinates of cabinet to be installed.
• Installation of ONT cabinet, telephone box, electrical box, HSI and IPTV box, CAT 3 (color coding: orange, white-blue, blue, and white-orange) and CAT 6 (white-orange, orange, white-blue, blue, white-green, green, white-brown, brown) UTP cables, trunking, and ONT, in fast pace.
• Migration of internet connection from copper line to new fiber optics connection.
• Configuration of Cisco router.
• Mozaic TV activation using STB.
Cabanatuan City, Philippines
October 2006 - September 2007
Designated in MDF Room Oct. 2006 - Sept. 2007
• Responsible in customers' subscriber line to the MDF.
• Proper changing of existing telephone line to DSL and ADSL connection to the MDF.
• Quick problem solving, troubleshooting, and maintenance of line by precision checking by using tools and equipment.
• Encoding and checking the customers' information to the system.
Huawei National Broadband Project (with QTEL)
FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) project deal to QTEL, to migrate the ADSL connection
flowing through copper line to the fiber optics technology (Target Year: 2015).
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more