Claim you profile
I have been working in the hospitality industry for 15 years. having worked in a range of kitchens including fine dining, conference centres, hotels and gastro pubs. currently I work as a kitchen manager in a fresh food gastro. my greatest skill is holding down a good GP% by reducing and keeping wastage down to a minimum and driving down our prices on ingredients. being creative with the food I produce without fuss is so Important to reduce food waiting times is something that is the main focus when menu developing.
The Crown Inn www.crowninnpub.co.uk
From July 2009
Managing all aspects of the kitchen. We also have a small garden that we grow seasonal vegetables. Duties include:
• Controlling food stocks and ordering
• Training staff
• Organising and monitoring controls of food quality, presentation and service.
• managing the kitchens controllable expenses including food costs, supplies and maintaining food GP%
• Implementing, monitoring and reviewing food safety systems (HACCP & COSHH)
• Preparing and overseeing the cleaning rota.
• Supplier purchasing negotiator.
• Menu planning with current trends.
work experience student
July 1994 - July 1997
Saturday morning cleaning which progressed to stock preparation most evenings.
• COSHH training
• General baking skills
• Food prep
• Stock control
queens head www.queensheadhammersmith.co.uk
Up to July 2009
Undertook the general day to day operational duties which included:
• Liquor stock controls
• Banking, cashing up and data entry
• Replying to emails
• Customer service
• Staff training
• Cellar mgt.
As well as my main job I was a stand in staff member for the kitchen where I took up the role as chef de parte on a regular basis, gaining extra experience in a very busy kitchen (15k) I worked predominantly in the starters,snacks and salads section and progressed to the main line after a couple of months of being there.
Qualifications & Certifications
Lincoln College (UK)
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.