Community Development And Engagement,
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
expert in community engagement and development. Expert and wealth of experience in community project design. Fully understand how to identify community needs. Monitoring and evaluation of projects. Policy development, analysis and implementation.
Negotiation and communication skills. Computer litereate
Education and Training Manager
South African Council for Social Service Professions
From June 2013
• Education and development operational Management
• Social Service Professional, Educational and Development standards and Quality Management Systems
• Education and development Programme management
• Internal Human Capital Development
• Management of divisional human resource matters
• Management of service delivery systems.
From October 2012
Veteran Social Workers - Gauteng Province
From June 2012
Finalising Ph D. In Public Affairs
Doing consultancy work and social work in private practice 2011 - to date
Community Safety, Health and Welfare (CSHW) Manager
August 2009 - October 2010
Provide input to Anglo Platinum Corporate Affairs Strategy and policies
Provide advice and support to operations regarding the development of appropriate measures
Strategy on Community Safety, Health, Welfare and Volunteerism
Programmes on Community Safety, Health, Welfare and Volunteerism
Policy development, analysis, implementation, monitoring and review
Coordinate reporting on CSHW from Community Engagement Managers
Participate in Transformation multidisciplinary review program with specific focus on social community risks and impacts
Reporting to the board and sustainability on approved projects Development and rollout of community-focused, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders dealing with CSHW for efficient service delivery
Research, benchmark and keep abreast of international developments in CSHW.
Stakeholder and community engagement so as to identify risks and opportunities for the Company
Full Time Student
Sedibeng District Municipality
February 2008 - August 2008
Conducting a qualitative research at local government (Sedibeng District Municipality)
• Research on Public Private Institutional Partnerships
• Liaised with Mayors and MMCs of the said municipality
• Liaised with the Executive Directors of the three municipalities
• Liaised with the National Treasury (PPP Unit)
• Liaised with the Provincial Department of Social Development
• Visiting the project sites of PPPs
CSI Project Manager
December 2006 - January 2008
Co-ordination and management of community plans of the different sites in Africa
• Coordination and management of Community Website for Africa
• Strategic Plan of the CSI and its approval by the board and implementation
• Coordination of Regional Community Network - Africa.
• Development and rollout of community-focused, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
• Research on the trends and best model practices on CSI to inform the development of Company objectives and targets for social performance
• Municipal engagement through integrated development planning process
• Attend and report to BHP Billiton board meetings on approved projects and sustainability reporting.
• HIV/AIDS programme at workplace and communities around BHP Billiton operations
Health and Social Development Manager
May 2002 - December 2006
Development of comprehensive HIV/AIDS community policy for BHP Billiton Worldwide.
• Initiate, coordinate and manage Health and Social Development programmes nationally.
• Setting standards on health and social development within BHP Billiton
• Management of budget for Health and Social Development programmes.
• Initiation of Sexual Offences Courts nationally from 2002 to 2006.
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports to the Board.
National Department of Health
Up to April 2002
Development of Youth and Adolescent Health Policy guidelines
• Development of Behavior Change Communication Material on prevention of teenage pregnancy
• Development of national teenage pregnancy, STI and HIV/AIDS prevention strategy
• Strategic engagement with the provincial health department and other stakeholders on youth issues
• Translating the Youth and Adolescent health policy into user friendly languages and a user friendly document
• Initiate Youth Friendly services in clinics in 2001 in partnerships with other stakeholders
• Management of the sub-directorate: Youth and Adolescent health; its personnel and resources including budget.
• Liaise with International structures and donors: WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF.
National Social Development
Development of Non-Profit Organisations' Act (NPO) (Act 77 of 1997)
• Submission of report to Parliament on the status of NPO Act 1997
• Management of administrative personnel for NPO Act registration.
• Capacity building of Nonprofit organization and the provincial and municipal personnel in partnerships with NGOs
• Putting systems in place, like developing register, reporting format, processes for administering the registration
• Strategic NGO engagement on their challenges in implementing the NPO Act.
• Liaised with other national/provincial/local government departments and the donor sector
Senior Social Worker
Section 21 Company
reporting format to the department; Code of Conduct and Trust Deed.
2.8 Provincial Health and Social Development, North West Province: Senior Social Worker: 1992 - 1997:
• Initiated Medical social work in a new hospital,
• Management of Odi district with 30 social workers, NW Province
• Management of budget
• Established a multidisciplinary team,
• Networked and liaised with other medical social workers,
• Community mobilization on their challenges and needs for programmes identification.
• Development of policies and the implementation thereof.
• Supervision of other institutions: Place of Safety, ECD and the Blind
Health and Social Development, Odi District
Erstwhile-Bophuthatswana Department of Health and Social Development
Generic Social Work and supervision of social workers
Qualifications & Certifications
Moruleng High School - Rustenburg
University of Cape Town
University of Pretoria conferred
(SW) University of Limpopo conferred