I am a retired TAFE Head Teacher of Retail/Marketing, re entering the vocational training and assessment arena. My new area of expertise is in the caring for/of the aged and frail in our communities.I have worked, experienced and studied the appropriate range and depth of skills and knowledge required of a nurse and carer for over 5.5 years, as well as caring for a member of my family prior to that, who suffered many complex chronic illnesses.
I am an empathetic, excellent communicator and enjoy the role of developing successful relationships and connecting appropriately with my colleagues, clients, students and all stakeholders involved in a common enterprise.
I am looking for a chance to start with an RTO who would find me to be most competent and personable, reliable and prepared to put in the extra work needed whenever the schedule demands it.
Trainer And Teacher Vocational Education
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
aged care and homecare worker and qualified trainer/assessor
Hawkesbury Living Nursing Home
From May 2014
AIN CERT IV TEAM LEADER LEVEL
Cert IV AIN
May 2014 - June 2014
• Administering medications, attending to wound care, peg feeds, checking observations eg Blood glucose levels, blood pressure, temp, pulse etc. as well as liaising with AINs and RNs/ENs and completing documentation on computer.
• Cert IV AIN team leader, experience
• I provide assistance to clients with their Personal Care Needs and Activities of Daily Living.
• I also assist with Palliative Care, Respite and Home Care, Shopping, Cooking, Medications Management, Domestic Assistance, Transport etc.
Retail Career Placements
Community Homecare Nursing,
KinCare, previously Stanhope, Western Sydney Region.
St Elizabeth Hungarian Home for the Aged, Dean Park
Aged Care Nurse
St. Elizabeth Hungarian Home for the Aged
• In this Position I assisted residents with all Activities of Daily Living.
• Examples of Resident Categories included the special Dementia Unit and different palliative care needs of patients in the Nursing Home.
• I speak Hungarian, so I was able to communicate with the vast majority of residents in their mother tongue, as well as in English.
2007/ 2008 Volunteer General Assistant to Residents/Carers at St Elizabeth Hungarian Home for the Aged, Dean Park.
• This was a weekly commitment to assist residents to board the Home's mini bus, drive them to the shops and assist with shopping.
Volunteer General Assistant
Party Plan Sales Consultant
Lorraine Lea Linen
I was top seller in my team and also the Sydney region.
Sales Consultant, Lorraine Lea Linen
St Elizabeth Hungarian Home
Sales Training Consultant & Sales Rep
• I was a top seller in my District.
Head Teacher Marketing and Logistics
North Sydney TAFE
I initiated, managed, co- ordinated and controlled the enrolment and implementation of teaching programmes and administration of all class related tasks and assessments/results for approximately 1100 students.
• Consultation about course structure, content and delivery of existing and new courses with curriculum management.
• Student counselling and maintenance
• My duties involved recruiting, selecting and supervising approximately 45 teaching staff.
• During this time I expanded the number of face to face teaching hours in the section by more than threefold.
• In 1991 there were 60 hours of programming and by 1995/2000, the hours programmed/managed were in excess of 220.
Teacher of Distribution
North Sydney College TAFE
Coordinated and taught Retail and Marketing Subjects to various levels of students eg Traineeships, Certificate and Diploma level.
• Also worked extra hours at Bankstown TAFE, coordinating and teaching Retail Traineeships
Sales Training Consultant Avon
Head Teacher Marketing and Teacher of Retail,
Mick Simmons Haymarket
Head Teacher& Teacher
Distribution TAFE NSW
Full time Teacher
• Taught most subjects in Retail Management Advanced Certificate and coordinated the course at Sydney (Ultimo) campus.
• Developed curriculum resources and short courses
• Set and marked examinations which were held State-wide.
Sussan Bondi Junction
Part time Teacher Retail
North Sydney and Ultimo TAFE
REFEREES TO BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST AS APPROPRIATE
Area Sales Manager
Gee Bee Boutiques
Sales Manager / Cadet
David Jones Australia
Store Manager, Area Sales Manager
Sales Department Manager, Stock Expediter, Graduate Retail Management Cadet, Sales Assistant
Career Experience Detailed Description
Community Services and Nursing
Qualifications & Certifications
Australia, I am
National College Australia
Mt Druitt TAFE
North Sydney TAFE
Teacher's College at Sydney University
NSW TAFE State Medal
TAFE Ultimo College
University of NSW