- Part time
HCL Comnet LTD
March 2011 - May 2013
As a Specialist system, I am involved in performing all duties relating to Unix Administration (Solaris & Linux/AIX).
NIS and User Administration
• Adding a server to NIS as its client.
• NIS User administration on servers along with creation/deletion of their home directories derived space.
• NIS administration tasks covering addition of users in groups, netgroups assigning default group changing permissions and ownership according to user requirements.
• Managing various NIS services/daemons on servers and clients.
• Providing sudo access to user by editing sudoers file.
NFS and Automounter
• Managing administrating and troubleshooting NFS autofs and its daemons on Solaris servers.
• Giving access to local files and directories on a server.
• Giving access to NFS shares coming from filers.
• Setting up permissions for different files and directories.
• Scheduling cronjobs and editing cron entries.
• Setting up automount maps and adding new entries to the automount maps.
• Managing automount and NFS services on server and clients.
• Creating, Resizing, Restarting, Recovering & Removing the Volumes in Veritas Volume Manager.
• Installation of VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS file system.
• Administration skills of VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS File System.
• Growing & Shrinking the Volume and the File System Size according to user requirement.
OTHERS including Data Center Roles and Responsibilities for UNIX Support
• Installation Solaris and Linux OS and different application as per our and user requirements.
• Performing post installation task on the newly configured servers.
• Managing servers CPU, Memory. Disc and Swap utilization
• OS level troubleshooting tasks.
• Monitoring Virtual memory, adding additional swap space as needed.
• Documentation work involving creation of run books for various processes.
• Prepared a consolidated inventory for all the UNIX and netbackup servers for my project consisting all...
Unix System / Network Administrator
Moon UP InfoTech, Aligarh
Solaris System Administrator
April 2008 - March 2011
As System Administrator, I was involved to perform all duties relating to UNIX System Administration exclusively in Solaris OE, File system, and software technical support, in a fast-paced UNIX platform. I was involved with the following job responsibilities.
• Responsibilities as a Unix System Administrator include monitor and tune system to make sure of the optimum level of the performance on Solaris..
• Keep a track of the appropriate software and upgrade the software packages.
• Responsible for creating user, deleting user, modifying user in different situation, permissions to user, how to secure a user. ACL(suid, sgid), allow and deny crontab and at features to user.
• Responsible for the support of the moderately complex data and also helps in the design and configuration of system landscape.
• Develop and maintain the documents, library and procedural documents of the system.
• Responsible for tar, jar, zip, dd, cp, pax, cpio features for backup and ufsdump features with incremental backup using various options and tar, jar, unzip, dd, cp, pax, cpio and ufsrestore feature for recovery data/system.
• Responsible for creation of zone, deletion of zone, configure a zone and control resource management.
• Configure RAID setup.
• Setup of NIS, LDAP.
• Setup firewall etc on Solaris and Linux.
• Installation of oracle software
• Manage user management and assign a roles or profiles in oracle.
• Root mirroring on Sparc.
• Patching on Sparc.
• ILOM upgrading.