Sales And Marketing Coordinator
Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator
ExtraBold Head Office
From July 2011
• Coordinate and Attend sales and marketing meetings
• Coordinate Sales Managers diaries and assist with administrative tasks
• Create and manage the sales and marketing databases
• Assist with direct mailing campaigns and promotional activities where
• Collect, analyse and present account production statistics at sales and and marketing meetings
• Liaise with sales team in verifying account production statistics
• Manage new lead identification and qualification process, assist team in exploiting leads
• Assist with tenders and requests for proposals
• Monitor Competitor activities and assist in on-going market intelligence
• Manage RFP processes including IHG and third party requests
• Manage sales channel process including IHG and third party requests
• Assist Sales team with monthly and quarterly rate review meetings
• Assist with preparation of Rate Contracts
• Maintain all Rate and Corporate Contracts and advise Sales Force
Of renewals required.
• Assist in spec, implementing and maintaining an updated sales system
• work in line with business needs
• Follow up on Tracker Business
• Update on Marketing Order Books
• Check on Media Updates on the Hotel Performance
• Manage The Purchasing order form book
• Manages and Coordinates all sales and Marketing activities for the respective hotel or Group of Hotels
• Fully Familiarised with all hotel and Company Policies, as well as hotel Programs offered such as Loyalty Programmes, audit, and service measurement programs and merit awards
• Participate in company and hotel Induction and refresher Programmes.
• Demonstrate exceptional level of professionalism, maturity and emotional intelligence at all times.
• Ensures that the department carries out continuous market research
• Ensure the hotel sales staff maintains on-going contact with clients in the corporate, other large clients and travel trade sectors.
• Coordinates advertising campaigns materials, schedules and content...
Group Reservations Co-Ordinator
Intercontinental Sandton Towers
April 2009 - July 2011
• Daily balancing of OPMS and ORS
• Following up on daily no-shows and reinstating them if needed
• Daily Morning Meetings with the staff to follow up on groups
• Doing all changes for blocks - increase or decrease of rooms, name changes, etc.
• Building of group blocks
• Sending out confirmations and replying to all mails relevant to group accommodation
• Checking group files, making sure the rates are correct, the nationality and market codes are correct. Making sure full payment has been received. Making sure Group files are handed over to the hotels 3 days prior to the group's arrival
• Cutting all blocks at the end of the day
• Merchandising and making sure the Merchandising codes are on the relevant reservations
• Attending Rooms Merchandising Meetings
• Calculation, monitoring and following up on Cancellation fees as well as late reduction of rooms
• Updating the Monthly Cancellation Fees Report - attend Outstanding Cancellation Fee Meetings
• Running or assisting with Sports and Promotion Events - i.e. NGC, Miss South Africa, Woman's World Cup, SAMA Awards, Million Dollar Poker, Positive, etc.
• Updating the weekly over booking report for a 3 month period
• Assisting Front Office with queries
• Making sure that by month end that all market codes, sources codes and nationalities are correct and that all blocks for the month have been cut and changed from tentative to definite
• Updating Time and Attendance
• Doing a Monthly Roster
• Doing Monthly appraisals with staff
• Attending Morning Meetings and Rooms Meetings
Intercontinental Sandton Towers
April 2009 - July 2011
* Sending quotes and contracts for groups.
* Arranging billing and finalizing of all accounts
* Ensuring that all administration for the group is in order.
* Coordinating and liaising with different departments concerning guest's requests.
* Following up to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Compiling group arrivals list.
* Assist the Revenue Manager to compile revenue reports.
* Assisting in running the office when the manager is not available.
Intercontinental Sandton Sun & Towers
March 2007 - April 2009
* Taking reservations
* Checking guests in and out
* Attending to guests queries and complaints
* Cashing up and doing banking
* Processing payments- cash, credit cards and travellers
Southern Sun Airport
November 2005 - March 2007
* Take Calls as quickly as I can
* Be able to know all extensions
* Be able to take a call within 3-4Rings
* Communicating with various departments.
Reservation Agent / Team Leader
Call Centre Nucleus and Central Reservation Office
January 2004 - November 2005
* Making reservations
* Ensuring smooth running of the call centre.
* Rostering staff according the time slot.
* Attending to guest's queries and complaints.
May 2000 - December 2003
• Attending to guests queries and complaints
• Cashing up and doing banking
• Processing payments- cash, credit cards and travellers.
• Assisting in all areas of Front Office.
• Attending to all individual & groups check in& out.
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS * Won Employee of the Month
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more