I'm a qualified Medical Technologist with a B.Tech degree and currently doing one course to finish my
second degree in B. Tech Quality. I have specialised in Blood Transfusion and been with blood transfusion for almost 20 years. Currently I'm the Head of Nucleic Acid Testing Laboratory, running a 24 hour testing laboratory.
Donation Testing laboratory
January 2012 - December 2012
My responsibility was to run the whole lab with four
different sections, until my manager came back from leave.
HEAD OF NAT
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL BLOOD SERVICE (SANBS)
• In charge of NAT (Nucleic Acid Testing ) laboratory - making sure that results are released on time.
• Troubleshooting a 24 hour NAT laboratory
• Work in hand with the supplier of the Tigris instruments and all the other suppliers.
• Reviewing SOP's and making sure that staff are trained and found competent in all the procedures involved in NAT lab.
• Keeping updated of the latest technologies and share all the information with my staff.
• Managing reagent stock thoroughly ( frozen and consumables).
• Responsible for creditnote in conjuction with ILEX Technical Support Service.
• Responsible for training internal and external technicians.
Transplant and Paternity laboratory
doing tissue typing and paternity disputes.
senior Medical Technologist
Responsible for testing and issuing of crossmatched blood to hospital patients.
trainee Medical Technologist
Western Province Blood Transfusion Service
, till qualified.
• Worked as a senior technologist, rotating in all crossmatching laboratories, till end of April 2002.
Qualifications & Certifications
Durban University of Technology
Peninsula Technikon in Belville
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more